Page 1 of 4 1234 Last
  1. #1
    Tranquil Suit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    4,771
    Style
    Pumping iron
    5
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    Random MMA rants.

    Have something to say about what's happening in combat sports, but it's too small for it's own thread? Well I occasionally do, I'll be posting it here.


    Well thought out posts not to be expected.
    go to http://www.bullshido.net/forums/prof...do=editoptions > under Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

  2. #2
    Tranquil Suit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    4,771
    Style
    Pumping iron
    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Where are all the Heavyweights?

    Last time I saw a high level competitive HW match was Wladimir Kltischko vs Anthony Joshua (yeah, that's boxing). In MMA ... uh... It's been a while.

    I recall at some point, Strikeforce (just before it got bought) had a HW Tournament. Coker actually managed gather 8 HW fighters. Then for a while the UFC had like an actual division of fighters. Now, 5 years later, all of them got old and there is no new blood to replace them. How did it get to this?
    go to http://www.bullshido.net/forums/prof...do=editoptions > under Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

  3. #3

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    West Coast
    Posts
    24,241
    Style
    Chinese Boxing
    3
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm under the personal belief they need a cruiser weight division. Heavyweight wise there's no new guard yet. They need to have another TUF to recruit some more prospects.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Posts
    15
    Style
    Karate
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    Muhammad Ali in the Making!

    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    Where are all the Heavyweights?

    Last time I saw a high level competitive HW match was Wladimir Kltischko vs Anthony Joshua (yeah, that's boxing). In MMA ... uh... It's been a while.

    I recall at some point, Strikeforce (just before it got bought) had a HW Tournament. Coker actually managed gather 8 HW fighters. Then for a while the UFC had like an actual division of fighters. Now, 5 years later, all of them got old and there is no new blood to replace them. How did it get to this?
    I see Anthony Joshua as the future Muhammad Ali. He's very fit and a class apart in the heavyweight category!

  5. #5
    Tranquil Suit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    4,771
    Style
    Pumping iron
    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelhatwell View Post
    I see Anthony Joshua as the future Muhammad Ali. He's very fit and a class apart in the heavyweight category!
    Among other things, I was most impressed with his ring IQ.
    go to http://www.bullshido.net/forums/prof...do=editoptions > under Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    24
    3
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelhatwell View Post
    I see Anthony Joshua as the future Muhammad Ali. He's very fit and a class apart in the heavyweight category!
    Nobody can replace other one ...
    Muhammad Ali was a great player .... His style of boxing,,,talking and the most important his funny habits... i remember all those..
    So no one can be like Muhammad Ali...

  7. #7

    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Posts
    15
    Style
    Karate
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    A.J.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    Among other things, I was most impressed with his ring IQ.
    Yes, true!

  8. #8

    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Posts
    15
    Style
    Karate
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    Agreed Muhammad Ali can not be replaced

    I was just stating the fact, that many of the current fighters would love the fame & popularity enjoyed by the great Muhammad Ali.

    For instance, pop music will never see an icon like Michael Jackson. Similarly, Muhammad Ali in boxing is irreplaceable.

    So, we might notice similarities here and there... the players can copy the habits and physique enjoyed by these legends.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Posts
    15
    Style
    Karate
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    Nobody can replace Muhammad Ali

    Quote Originally Posted by WorldChampions View Post
    Nobody can replace other one ...
    Muhammad Ali was a great player .... His style of boxing,,,talking and the most important his funny habits... i remember all those..
    So no one can be like Muhammad Ali...
    I was just stating the fact, that many of the current fighters would love the fame & popularity enjoyed by the great Muhammad Ali.

    For instance, pop music will never see an icon like Michael Jackson. Similarly, Muhammad Ali in boxing is irreplaceable.

    So, we might notice similarities here and there... as the young players might try to mimic the habits, physique and other things of these legends.

  10. #10
    Tranquil Suit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    4,771
    Style
    Pumping iron
    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Fighters who just after their fight, still inside the cage, grab the mic and do a marriage proposal. Ugh.

    Do you really have to show your ass in public like that? Doesn't seem very romantic. You'd think a marriage proposal is a personal thing between 2 people.
    go to http://www.bullshido.net/forums/prof...do=editoptions > under Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

Page 1 of 4 1234 Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in