Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Style
    Bjj
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Relocating to Concord Nc need recommendations..two part question.

First of all I would like to state I am in no way, shape, or form stating that I am making accusations against any person. I am simply seeking recommendations. I am relocating to Concord for work and was looking for a reputable bjj gym. I found this website in nearby Harrisburg, maforu.com. It seems very reputable and peaked my interest. I have "taken" bjj classes for about 3 months over a year ago and I have an upper level belt in Chuck Norris style so I'm not new so to speak. Are there other gyms you might recommend in that area? Second part...I have noticed lots of jeet kune do training in the Charlotte NC region. Some by not so reputable folks and others I have no clue about. I know the Bruce Lee legacy never really recognized jkd instructors other than Dan Inosanto and R Bustimilia (sp). I may be wrong, I've never been into jkd that much, just curious as to what is out there. Thanks in advance and remember, I'm not accusing, I'm only asking.

Style
    all things in Moderation
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Moved MABS -----------> YMAS
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Quote Originally Posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
    Slamming the man in the bottom position from time to time keeps everybody on their toes and discourages butt scooting stupidity.

By the Hoary Hand of Hoggoth.....
    Style
    JKD & Mok'bara
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The gym you listed has a pedigree to Sauer - which is good - but I cannot find any actual Instructor or rank listed there - that is not good

My guess is it's a Concepts school and teh Submission Wrestling alluded to is CSW affiliate which is Erik Paulson - that is good - but again no actual mention of rank or who the instructor actually is - that is not good

Best advice, go check them out. Taken at face value they tick the right boxes, but with the above caveats because JKD has very patchy QC....and I am a JKD Instructor saying that

Oh and it's Bustillo by the way

Style
    Karate-knockdown, BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The BJJ school you are wanting to know about is Mark Cukro's school. He is a black belt under Pedro Sauer, and a solid guy. I have known Mark through our both being Pedro Sauer guys, for quite some time. If you have any questions, just go talk to him. He is open and receptive.

Style
    BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

BJJ Classes

Quote Originally Posted by Rmjim View Post
    First of all I would like to state I am in no way, shape, or form stating that I am making accusations against any person. I am simply seeking recommendations. I am relocating to Concord for work and was looking for a reputable bjj gym. I found this website in nearby Harrisburg, maforu.com. It seems very reputable and peaked my interest. I have "taken" bjj classes for about 3 months over a year ago and I have an upper level belt in Chuck Norris style so I'm not new so to speak. Are there other gyms you might recommend in that area? Second part...I have noticed lots of jeet kune do training in the Charlotte NC region. Some by not so reputable folks and others I have no clue about. I know the Bruce Lee legacy never really recognized jkd instructors other than Dan Inosanto and R Bustimilia (sp). I may be wrong, I've never been into jkd that much, just curious as to what is out there. Thanks in advance and remember, I'm not accusing, I'm only asking.
    I'd be glad to have you visit our academy and explain my background and show you my credentials. My phone number is on my site so feel free to give me a call or message me on FB. We have a great BJJ program and have been under Master Pedro Sauer for many years. - Mark Cukro
    Last edited by mcukro; 5/21/2017 2:47pm at .

Style
    all things in Moderation
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by mcukro View Post
    I'd be glad to have you visit our academy and explain my background and show you my credentials. My phone number is (***)***-**** so feel free to give me a call or message me on FB. We have a great BJJ program and have been under Master Pedro Sauer for many years. - Mark Cukro
    Welcome to forum Mark.

May I suggest taking that number down unless you want bored assholes and telemarketers and various citizens of the internet to call.

I mean the info is http://carolinabjj.com/locations/

That is your school correct?
    Last edited by BackFistMonkey; 5/21/2017 3:54pm at .
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Slamming the man in the bottom position from time to time keeps everybody on their toes and discourages butt scooting stupidity.

Style
    all things in Moderation
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I like what I have seen so far.

BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Style
    BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thank you, I removed it and yes that is. Can you remove it from your reply? I was trying to be transparent and didn't consider the unwanted calls I may get.

Style
    all things in Moderation
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by mcukro View Post
    Thank you, I removed it and yes that is. Can you remove it from your reply? I was trying to be transparent and didn't consider the unwanted calls I may get.
    People can always find your phone number but sometimes adding an extra click is enough of a deterrent.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Style
    Karate-knockdown, BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Mark, glad to help you out brother. This is Jon.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last