Page 4 of 4 First 1234

Style
    BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMightyMcClaw View Post
    There are, no doubt, some of you who think of the US government as a bloated, incompetent bureaucracy full of self-important hacks who gobble resources while contributing nothing.
    Let me add some fuel that fire with this, honest to god, CIA report on Ninjas.

https://www.cia.gov/library/center-for-the-study-of-intelligence/kent-csi/vol9no2/html/v09i2a06p_0001.htm

Here are some choice quotes:
    "The Ninja had the secret of gunpowder before it was generally known in Japan. They developed wooden cannons, designed grenades and time bombs, mounted incendiaries on arrows, and tipped arrows with leaf-like ends to scatter the fire. As anti-personnel weapons against their soft-shod enemies they scattered sharp-pointed nuts, iron tripods with needle points, and solid pyramids of metal which would fall upright."

"
    The mystical elements of ninjutsu, largely from the Shingon sect, took the form of secret hand signs and murmured formulas. The art of invisibility and transformation is also put in mystical terms. Shugendo, the mountain ascetic creed, says, "Conceive that you are a stone." If you believe you are a stone, then you are. It is much like becoming one with Buddha. When the Ninja is surrounded by enemies and has no place to escape, he shortens his breath, shrinks himself as small as a stone and conceives he is a stone. The enemy cannot find him."

Pretty much all of this comes straight out of Ninjutsu: History and Tradition, which is a compilation of translated Hatsumi writings that was put together by Hayes back in 1981. I remember this book vividly because I found it in a book store in 2003 and said, "Oh, wow! This looks way more legit than that Ashida Kim stuff! It must be the real deal!"

In the above link, you can read the whole book.

Style
    Bartitsu
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Noting that the late Robert W. Smith was working as a CIA Intelligence Officer during the '60s (and for a long time before and after). Bob Smith was a former Marine, an extremely smart cookie, a highly experienced martial artist and a buddy of Donn Draeger's. He produced several pioneering works of serious martial arts scholarship as well as "Secret Fighting Arts of the World" and "The Way of a Warrior", which are collections of martial arts tall tales published under the name "John F. Gilbey".

Going by the distinctive writing style, rare for its time knowledge of esoteric ninja history, etc., I would not be at all surprised to learn that this CIA report by "W. M. Trengrouse" was actually written by Bob Smith. In fact, I would be very surprised to learn that it was written by anyone else.

Style
    BJJ+Sanda
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kendamu View Post
    Pretty much all of this comes straight out of Ninjutsu: History and Tradition, which is a compilation of translated Hatsumi writings that was put together by Hayes back in 1981. I remember this book vividly because I found it in a book store in 2003 and said, "Oh, wow! This looks way more legit than that Ashida Kim stuff! It must be the real deal!"

In the above link, you can read the whole book.
    If the report was indeed from the 60s, then it's a case of two works from common sources.
    "Systema, which means, 'the system'..."

Quote Originally Posted by strikistanian View Post
    DROP SEIONAGI ************! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil
    Why is it so goddamn hard to find a video of it? I've seen videos I'm pretty sure are alien spacecraft. But still no good Krav.
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasma
    At the point, I must act! You see my rashguard saids "Jiu Jitsu vs The World" and "The World" was standing in front me teaching Anti-Grappling in a school I help run.

Style
    Rehab(Back Surgery)
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ermghoti View Post
    If the report was indeed from the 60s, then it's a case of two works from common sources.
    You know Hayes has the real knowledge.

The CIA (all of it) was the fellow student who trained with Hayes in childhood and betrayed the clan when Hayes was gifted True Knowledge™ by the scrolls themselves behind Hatsumi's back. Hatsumi was hiding and withholding the power in secret because he was jealous of his American students' especially Hayes's skill.

Once the Scrolls chose Hayes (think Sorting Hat from Harry Potter) Hatsumi was forced to teach "all" the secrets to the Crackers. The CIA got the joke version like Ashida Kim and Hayes got the cheddar.

It was dark days for the Booj.
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.”
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Quote Originally Posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
    Slamming the man in the bottom position from time to time keeps everybody on their toes and discourages butt scooting stupidity.

Style
    Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    Oops, I forgot, no basements in Florida...

Living in his Mother's house, somewhere in Florida, the exact location of which is public information, and relatively easy to find, but cannot be published here because banhammer mumble mumble mumble...
    Regardless of exact details, this is also consistent with the life of a true ninja. I know of what I speak, firsthand.

Style
    Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kendamu View Post
    Pretty much all of this comes straight out of Ninjutsu: History and Tradition, which is a compilation of translated Hatsumi writings that was put together by Hayes back in 1981.
    It's the other way around.

Everything Hatsumi and Hayes rely on is based on the same sources as what US intelligence agents were gathering for the two decades beyond World War II.

Some of it's true, and some of it is made up, like all great figures. Like the gunslingers (;) the story is only half the story.

Page 4 of 4 First 1234