Thread: Baloney 9th

Hell yeah! Hell no!

Baloney 9th

Just noticed some guy in Massachusetts claims he got a ninth dan in small circle jujitsu from professor jay in January of 2016.
    Professor jay must be some kind of powerful guy, since he died in 2011

Style
    Karate
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullcaller View Post
    Just noticed some guy in Massachusetts claims he got a ninth dan in small circle jujitsu from professor jay in January of 2016.
    Professor jay must be some kind of powerful guy, since he died in 2011
    Can I suggest that you provide a bit more information. For example:
    • Who is "this guy"
    • Where is it stated that he personally received his 9th Dan from Prof Jay and not his organisation?
    • What is your interest here? Are you from a rival school etc

Without sounding like one of the admins, this is a highly moderated forums. I do suggest that you read the "stickies" to get an understanding of what is required for an investigation.

Style
    all things in Moderation
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This thread doesn't even come close to MABS standards.

MABS ------------> YMAS

Dear OP,
    lern2postplz
    thnx
    ---BFM
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Quote Originally Posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
    Slamming the man in the bottom position from time to time keeps everybody on their toes and discourages butt scooting stupidity.

Hell yeah! Hell no!

Baloney ninth

Quote Originally Posted by scipio View Post
    • Who is "this guy"
    • Where is it stated that he personally received his 9th Dan from Prof Jay and not his organisation?

Without sounding like one of the admins, this is a highly moderated forums. I do suggest that you read the "stickies" to get an understanding of what is required for an investigation.
    His name is ed melaugh. From his website (jujitsudefense.com) "Sensei Melaugh was promoted by Professor Jay to Ninth Degree Black Belt 1/23/16 in Small Circle Jujitsu".
    My only interest is the reputation of professor jay, one of the most respected martial artist in recent times

By the Hoary Hand of Hoggoth.....
    Style
    JKD & Mok'bara
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Small Circle is notoriously divided, and the "official" association isn't necessarily a guarantee of anything anymore than the Bruce Lee Foundation means you are getting "real JKD"

This video clip below shows that at least Melaugh has trained with Professor Jay to a level

Frankly a bigger concern is SCJJ associating with Dillman's utter shite
    Last edited by Hanniballistic; 5/08/2017 9:26am at .

Style
    Combat Sambo | Pramek
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by scipio View Post
    • Who is "this guy"

To piggyback on this a simple Google search turned up the following letter from Wally Jay specifically naming Ed MeLaugh as one of his successors
    http://www.danzan.com/HTML/ESSAYS/smalsoke.html

Style
    judo, parenting
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Maybe Professor Leon Jay?

By the Hoary Hand of Hoggoth.....
    Style
    JKD & Mok'bara
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That was my first thought initially, but no it wasn't. Leon booted him out shortly after Wally passed.

The inside on Melaugh is that he was primarily a "seminar taught" instructor, and this didn't sit too well with those who had trained out of SCJJ main dojo under Wally on a daily/weekly basis. As I said above he clearly DID train with Wally and had some claim to Soke Dai...self promoting after? Well I wouldn't but if he wants to sure, why not

Claiming it was given to him by Wally though? That's not great - my guess for his explanation will be "a typo on the date"