Page 3 of 3 First 123
    Style
    BJJ, FMA
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
    I am a self-admitted atheist. But, I am for freedom of religion, so long as you don't harm others. It is hard to reconcile the reasonable practice of praying over the sick, and people who are sick wanting to be prayed over, with the practice of people who are in the business of taking donations in return for offering psychic cures, magic powers, or who claim that they have special divine connections that will heal the sick - especially where the flow of money to accompany the activity is the norm. Another failure of caveat emptor at work. How do we navigate the civil liberty issue with the predations of con men and con women willing to prey/pray over a willing vulnerable population as they empty the wallets of that vulnerable population? If you are in the business of taking in monies for displays of faith healing, it would seem reasonable to be able to claim that you are holding yourself out to the public to be practicing medicine, with all the medical licensure that would otherwise require.
    I am far from a person that thinks we should police words too much but I think if you use the word therapy in any sort of commercial sense you god damn better be able to back it up with published peer reviewed documentation that it works.
    I would be amendable to passing a law that states something along them lines.
    This of course after passing a place quakery place for a quakery sort of therapy the other morning.
    Of the single rapier fight between valiant men, having both skill, he that is the best wrestler, or if neither of them can wrestle, the strongest man most commonly kills the other, or leaves him at his mercy.
    –George Silver, Paradoxes of Defence

Style
    all things in Moderation
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You see part of Religious Freedom in America is the freedom to flat out lie and deceive.
    Healing Water? Prosperity Doctrines? Demonic Exorcisms? Psychic Healing? Energy/Holy Spirit/Miracle Healings? Home Blessings/Cleansings? Healing Circles? Magic Candles? Magic Prayer Cloth? Baptisms? Blessed Oil? There millions of Holy Relics, Spiritual Services, and Places out there for sale, rent or to visit with laundry lists of various alleged powers.

Yep all legal.

Buyer beware, because within Religion there is a totally Free Market. I think we all know how well it manages itself. Anyone remember the outcry and backlash when Etsy decided you could not sell such things on their site? Fucking hilarious levels of anger and outcry.

The number of scams and cons are beyond count vary in scope from seemingly innocent to full on deadly. Every single religion and every single sub sect contains these scams. Baptists, Methodists, Hindus, Muslims, Pagans, Spiritualists, Buddhists ... any and all of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.”
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Quote Originally Posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
    Slamming the man in the bottom position from time to time keeps everybody on their toes and discourages butt scooting stupidity.

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    I am far from a person that thinks we should police words too much but I think if you use the word therapy in any sort of commercial sense you god damn better be able to back it up with published peer reviewed documentation that it works.
    I would be amendable to passing a law that states something along them lines.
    This of course after passing a place quakery place for a quakery sort of therapy the other morning.
    Placebo effect is well documented.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    You see part of Religious Freedom in America is the freedom to flat out lie and deceive.
    Healing Water? Prosperity Doctrines? Demonic Exorcisms? Psychic Healing? Energy/Holy Spirit/Miracle Healings? Home Blessings/Cleansings? Healing Circles? Magic Candles? Magic Prayer Cloth? Baptisms? Blessed Oil? There millions of Holy Relics, Spiritual Services, and Places out there for sale, rent or to visit with laundry lists of various alleged powers.

Yep all legal.

Buyer beware, because within Religion there is a totally Free Market. I think we all know how well it manages itself. Anyone remember the outcry and backlash when Etsy decided you could not sell such things on their site? Fucking hilarious levels of anger and outcry.

The number of scams and cons are beyond count vary in scope from seemingly innocent to full on deadly. Every single religion and every single sub sect contains these scams. Baptists, Methodists, Hindus, Muslims, Pagans, Spiritualists, Buddhists ... any and all of them.
    And then there are those damned Nigerians, Russians, etc...
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Style
    BJJ, FMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    And then there are those damned Nigerians, Russians, etc...

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-0...rian-apartment

Of the single rapier fight between valiant men, having both skill, he that is the best wrestler, or if neither of them can wrestle, the strongest man most commonly kills the other, or leaves him at his mercy.
    –George Silver, Paradoxes of Defence

Page 3 of 3 First 123