Page 1 of 3 123 Last
    Style
    all things in Moderation
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

IRS Raids Benny Hinn Ministries

(image stole from Patheos)

I can't stop smiling!
    http://www.patheos.com/blogs/progres...nn-ministries/
    Good news: IRS raids the offices of televangelist Benny Hinn, a well known “prosperity gospel” televangelist who has made a fortune hustling gullible Christians.
    Ok well that made me stop smiling. God damn it. Why do people undermine perfectly good positions with bullshit like "gullable Christians"?

... and the end quote ... Jesus Tap Dancing Christ you preschol level dipshit idiots.

In the end, Benny Hinn is a moral monster who preys on the weak minded. In addition to being a snake oil salesman, it looks like the prosperity gospel preacher is also a crook.
    ughhhhhhhh

STOP BEING INSULTING WHEN DISCUSSING THE VICTIMS OF CON ARTISTS.

Sorry.

NBC has a good video and article with more specifics.
    Federal Investigators Searching Televangelist Benny Hinn's Grapevine Offices
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.”
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Quote Originally Posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
    Slamming the man in the bottom position from time to time keeps everybody on their toes and discourages butt scooting stupidity.

Style
    BJJ, FMA
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You mean they should be more like this in their reporting?

That video would be 20 mins long so make sure your boss is sitting in the can before watching it.
    Of the single rapier fight between valiant men, having both skill, he that is the best wrestler, or if neither of them can wrestle, the strongest man most commonly kills the other, or leaves him at his mercy.
    –George Silver, Paradoxes of Defence

Style
    all things in Moderation
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    You mean they should be more like this in their reporting?

That video would be 20 mins long so make sure your boss is sitting in the can before watching it.
    I love John Oliver and even for him that was a great episode.
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.”
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Slamming the man in the bottom position from time to time keeps everybody on their toes and discourages butt scooting stupidity.

Style
    Kendo
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I read that as Benny Hill Ministries and had a completely different picture of what the raid might look and sound like...

Style
    Kendo
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    Why do people undermine perfectly good positions with bullshit like "gullable Christians"?
    Were you worried about the redundancy in that phrase, or what?

Style
    BJJ+Sanda
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "Systema, which means, 'the system'..."

Quote Originally Posted by strikistanian View Post
    DROP SEIONAGI ************! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil
    Why is it so goddamn hard to find a video of it? I've seen videos I'm pretty sure are alien spacecraft. But still no good Krav.
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasma
    At the point, I must act! You see my rashguard saids "Jiu Jitsu vs The World" and "The World" was standing in front me teaching Anti-Grappling in a school I help run.
    [quote=SoulMechanic]Thank you, not dying really rewarding in more ways than I can express.[/[quote]

Style
    all things in Moderation
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilG View Post
    Were you worried about the redundancy in that phrase, or what?
    Slightly yeah.

But it is more along the lines of people are people. Everyone has a con that they will fall for. Just like terrorists are just people who have fallen for a con. People need to understand these things and get it through their fucking heads.

No one is immune to the fuckery and lies humans subject one another to.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Style
    Judo
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Brainwashing and hypnosis are real things.

Self-hypnosis is common in religious sects.

Gullible is definitely not the right word...

Susceptible.

Style
    Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "... preys on the weak minded."

The author, Michael Stone must believe he's too "strong minded" to be manipulated.

While it's true some people are more resistant to persuasion than others based on different things, like ideological conditioning...anybody can be broken, especially when they're already cracked.

That's why they call it "Original Sin"...Christians are supposed to believe they are flawed from birth. Guilt is a powerful emotion, it's not surprising people would react physically to someone they believed had some sort of cleansing spirit.

The trouble is he only cleanses them of their cash. The IRS will now cleanse him, and the cycle continues.

I overpaid my taxes this year, so I got a nice refund.
    Last edited by Pship Destroyer; 4/27/2017 12:39pm at .

Style
    street paddleboarding
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think "gullible Christians" accurately describes the people who donated to him.

Page 1 of 3 123 Last