Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Style
    BJJ, FMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by GrouchyOldMan View Post
    Please understand, this forum does not exist to concern itself with matters of family or marital law.
    Even if we where so inclined CA is what you call a no fault state.
    Of the single rapier fight between valiant men, having both skill, he that is the best wrestler, or if neither of them can wrestle, the strongest man most commonly kills the other, or leaves him at his mercy.
    –George Silver, Paradoxes of Defence

Style
    BJJ, FMA
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    I don't know... If by some miracle someone could actually prove adultery and the dismissal of the husband it would be note worthy... to some anyway... but yeah as is, it is just noise and hearsay.
    Really, mabs worthy note worthy? Dismissal of a student? Who gives a ****. This is high school drama type bullshit nothing more.
    Of the single rapier fight between valiant men, having both skill, he that is the best wrestler, or if neither of them can wrestle, the strongest man most commonly kills the other, or leaves him at his mercy.

Style
    all things in Moderation
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    Really, mabs worthy note worthy? Dismissal of a student? Who gives a ****. This is high school drama type bullshit nothing more.
    I said some and note worthy, not big deal, key note nor everyone... but I am sure it matters a great deal to some. Some people don't like giving money to people who's values ethics and morals are directly opposed to their's.

At this point in time it is just some random person saying some random **** on the internet with no evidence or support. So it isn't even miraculous case of evidence from which to make that choice as an informed one.
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.”
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Quote Originally Posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
    Slamming the man in the bottom position from time to time keeps everybody on their toes and discourages butt scooting stupidity.

Style
    BJJ, FMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    I said some and note worthy, not big deal, key note nor everyone... but I am sure it matters a great deal to some. Some people don't like giving money to people who's values ethics and morals are directly opposed to their's.

At this point in time it is just some random person saying some random **** on the internet with no evidence or support. So it isn't even miraculous case of evidence from which to make that choice as an informed one.
    I am sure people do care about adultery but do WE care about adultery?
    Do we give a voice to people exploring adultery in the martial arts?
    Do we allow for this sort of school yard gossip to be considered something worth investigating?

I am not saying this should be off to trollshido but it sure as **** doesn't belong in MABS.

Style
    xingyi
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Do we allow for this sort of school yard gossip to be considered something worth investigating?

I am not saying this should be off to trollshido but it sure as **** doesn't belong in MABS.
    You just reworded what he said just to add "doesn't belong in MABS." There is no "we" as there are threads in here I and others deemed unnecessary. As BFM said, for some it would be relevant.

Style
    all things in Moderation
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

All fair points and I agree with you.

I, personally, am not going to decide which accusations and actual incidences of moral, ethical, legal, or spiritual wrongdoings are worthy of MABS or attention by the readers (in most cases anyway). Some people have zero interest in people being actually qualified to teach and some people don't care about other things like previous sexual misconduct or criminal records. The world is a funny place.

I will sound off on the validity of such accusations (there is none at the moment) and give my personal opinions (if I wanted to be a "champion" I might check them out, if the records show that is what they produce).

All that said, since no evidence of wrongdoings has been presented this thread is going to YMAS.
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.”
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Quote Originally Posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
    Slamming the man in the bottom position from time to time keeps everybody on their toes and discourages butt scooting stupidity.

Style
    Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jlopezbjj View Post
    So I did more research on it and spoke to someone that i won't name that is very close to the situation. Basically it's true that he was having an affair with one of his students wife. He ended up kicking out the husband supposedly cause he was having issues with his wife.
    Is it true, or supposedly?

You didn't do research, you just talked to somebody.
    Last edited by Pship Destroyer; 6/19/2017 10:49pm at .

Style
    Judo
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

I agree with you that even if this were to be substantiated, it really isn't worthy of MABS. Maybe the problem is we really don't have a good place to put something that is not quite "MABS" but not quite "YMAS".

Some people won't care, and some people will, and those that DO will probably care for varying reasons. I agree with BFM that there is some validity to a discussion of issues of this nature, even if just as a footnote or casual mention.

Personally, I wouldn't want to train in a school where something of this nature had been substantiated. Not because I care what consenting adults do, but because it has been my experience that this type of drama is never able to be separated from the environment in which it takes place, and I don't want to train in a place where the cloud of this b.s. will most likely be constantly hanging over it, just to serve as an ever present distraction to my reason for being there. Rolling the mats out right in the middle of the sophomore hallway at the local high school would likely result in a more positive training environment.

All that being said...TO THE OP (since we're in ymas now)- Either substantiate this claim with something other than anonymous sources, secondhand information, and the words "basically" and "supposedly", or let this thread die of natural causes, because I don't think there is anyone here who is interested in your personal morality crusade or your feelz about Juan Pablo Garcia.

Style
    Muay Thai/Wrestling
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    With a name like Juan Pablo Garcia how could the guy not be a regular Casanova?

I mean 'Juan Pablo?' That's just dripping in masculine Latin lover sexuality.

I'm a little jealous even!

Style
    BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pship Destroyer View Post
    Is it true, or supposedly?

You didn't do research, you just talked to somebody.
    I spoke to one of the individuals involved and i was shown some text messages which showed proof.

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last