Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 289101112 1314151622 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/07/2005 12:41am

Style: none

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i actually had heard the news before but didnt type that cause i had to pee when i typed that post lol.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/07/2005 12:42am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake??
    Do you remember what he was teaching and the name of the form?
    the seminar was over tai chi chuan

EDIT:

CHEN!!!! NOT CHUAN. my bad sorry

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/07/2005 8:45pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    test requirements:

white to yellow
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    (sparring technique)
    reverse punch
    cat stance triple hit
    jump side thrust
    jump front sweep, side thrust, reverse punch
    jump front sweep, side thrust, reverse punch
    double reverse punch, jump front kick with block
    jump back sweep, front kick, reverse punch
    cross back hook kick
    jump monkey grab, front sweep, reverse punch
    jump side thrust, block down
    jump monkey grab, chop

(chin na self defense techniques)
    pull on wrist
    push on chest
    grab from gbehind
    wrist twist
    grab from behind and lift
    full nelson
    front choke with hands
    front hair grab
    hair grab from behind
    head lock

(lohan short forms)
    block-punch, block down, step
    block-punch, block down, block-punch, twist hit-kick
    block-finger thrust, block-punch, twist hit-kick
    block, monkey grab, grab with other hand and pivot foot, front sweep double front kick

that should wet your whistle while i read up on the actual lineage they teach in that system and post it for you guys.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/07/2005 9:05pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ok this is very summarized as i really dont want to type out 5 pages of stuff here....

sin kwang the was born in bandung in 1943

started his training with burning hands (thrusting them into buckets of hot sand.

he was allowed into grandmaster le's school at age 7 because he made sin pick up 855 grains of rice and blow the dust off of them, "many other tests", then spilled hot tea on him to see if he was surprised or angry from it.

5 years later at 13 (wouldnt this be 12?) he tested to black belt. "for his test, he had to spar against seven other students while blindfolded. He also had to do forms blindfolded. At different times during the forms, boards were held up in his path. Since he didn't know when there would be a board, every strike in every form had to be true"

oh this crap gets better.... i cant make **** up this good

"at sixteen, sin kwang the had developed tremendous strength. he realized this on a high school field trip to a farm. the farmer rented him a horse for a ride around a lake. sin kwang rode with great spirit, kicking his heels into the horse's flanks to make it go faster. when he dismounted, the horse decided to get in a few kicks of its own! sin kwang blocked the horse's kick and gave it a side thrust that sent it tumbling into the lake!"

ok ill laugh my balls off while makin a tv dinner and type you guys up some more. lol

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/03/2005 9:19am

Style: Shaolin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'd like to shed some light on some real history and factual events in shaolin do if I might. First of all, I'm not on here to piss anyone off or start trouble of any kind. I'd just like to share some information that I've dedicated more time than I care to mention to finding out.

I'll be posting on and off since I have so much stuff and so little time to pass it on. Here's the first of my entries:

Sin Kwan The' began his training under his grandfather, Ie Chang Ming in 1954 at the age of 10. He studied a total of 10 years under his tutelege. On January 15, 1964 he advanced to what Master Ie called "5th level black". I believe this is the equilavent to what the Japanese and other systems call 5th degree black belt. From 1954 to 1955 he completed what was called a basic course ending in 1st level black. From 1956 to 1958 he completed the middle course ending in 3rd level black and from 1959 to 1963 he completed the advanced course ending in 5th level black. In addition to completing the above mentioned courses he also studied (not mastered) Iron Finger Kung Fu, Golden Snake Kung Fu, and Cyclone (Tornado) Leg Kung Fu. His kung fu was the best in the school and he won championship awards. The name of the school was the Chung Yen Shaolin Kung Fu School. Chung Yen means "middle" or "central". The school was named this because the area of China from which Master Ie studied was in Central China. The name of the temple is not known, but it is definately NOT Fukien or Honan like many of them claim. There are many similarities, however between Shaolin Do (when it's practiced correctly) and the Fukien style of Ngo Cho Kun. What was master Ie's background? Can't tell you exactly, but I know he spent time in the temple in Central China and afterwards he traveled throughout Asia including Japan and possibly Korea. The Japanese influence came into being because of their organizational structure and their training methods. It was not uncommon during those years to blend the Chinese and Japanese arts. Did they wear Japanese gis there to "hide" from the commies? From all I can determine, for the most part they did not. Either the dress code was very lax allowing them to wear pretty much what they wanted whether it be Japanese gi or the Chinese kung fu unifoms, or it was instituted upon Sin The's coming to America in 1964. Master Ie died in 1968. Sin The' did not make a return visit to his home until the very late 60's or early 70's, long after Ie's death. He doesn't even know exactly where his grandfather is buried. His brother who joined him here in the states in 1968 was a pallbearer at Ie's funeral.

Well, gotta go to work. If any of this interests you guys I'll continue.

Thanks

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/03/2005 11:14am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kicker64
    I'd like to shed some light on some real history and factual events in shaolin do if I might. First of all, I'm not on here to piss anyone off or start trouble of any kind. I'd just like to share some information that I've dedicated more time than I care to mention to finding out.

I'll be posting on and off since I have so much stuff and so little time to pass it on. Here's the first of my entries:

Sin Kwan The' began his training under his grandfather, Ie Chang Ming in 1954 at the age of 10. He studied a total of 10 years under his tutelege. On January 15, 1964 he advanced to what Master Ie called "5th level black". I believe this is the equilavent to what the Japanese and other systems call 5th degree black belt. From 1954 to 1955 he completed what was called a basic course ending in 1st level black. From 1956 to 1958 he completed the middle course ending in 3rd level black and from 1959 to 1963 he completed the advanced course ending in 5th level black. In addition to completing the above mentioned courses he also studied (not mastered) Iron Finger Kung Fu, Golden Snake Kung Fu, and Cyclone (Tornado) Leg Kung Fu. His kung fu was the best in the school and he won championship awards. The name of the school was the Chung Yen Shaolin Kung Fu School. Chung Yen means "middle" or "central". The school was named this because the area of China from which Master Ie studied was in Central China. The name of the temple is not known, but it is definately NOT Fukien or Honan like many of them claim. There are many similarities, however between Shaolin Do (when it's practiced correctly) and the Fukien style of Ngo Cho Kun. What was master Ie's background? Can't tell you exactly, but I know he spent time in the temple in Central China and afterwards he traveled throughout Asia including Japan and possibly Korea. The Japanese influence came into being because of their organizational structure and their training methods. It was not uncommon during those years to blend the Chinese and Japanese arts. Did they wear Japanese gis there to "hide" from the commies? From all I can determine, for the most part they did not. Either the dress code was very lax allowing them to wear pretty much what they wanted whether it be Japanese gi or the Chinese kung fu unifoms, or it was instituted upon Sin The's coming to America in 1964. Master Ie died in 1968. Sin The' did not make a return visit to his home until the very late 60's or early 70's, long after Ie's death. He doesn't even know exactly where his grandfather is buried. His brother who joined him here in the states in 1968 was a pallbearer at Ie's funeral.

Well, gotta go to work. If any of this interests you guys I'll continue.

Thanks
    None claim Honan. None claim Ie was from Fukien either. None claim Sin The' trained in a temple. Much of what you are stating has already been hammered to death. Now, please if you have something new add it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/03/2005 1:42pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    First off, I never said anything about Sin The' training in a temple, did I? I'm not sure where you get your information, but I know full well that some have claimed Honan and some have claimed Fukien. Where else have you seen exactly how long he really studied? What rank he really received and when?

Obviously, I should go no further and will no longer post.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/03/2005 2:05pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sin's family roots is from the Fukien Province. That's the Fukien connection, so to speak. Anything Hiang claims, Sin will claim the opposite. They hate one another. Hiang says it was their grandfather, but he never revealed that until about 10 years ago when some of his students were talking to Hiang's wife, Jeannie. Jeannie said something about Ie being his grandfather assuming they knew. When confronted, Hiang said it was so and he had never revealed it, because he didn't want anyone to think he didn't earn what he had achieved. As for no photos of Master Ie, I can say that Sin doesn't have any photos of him. Sin hasn't kept up with anything of tried to preserve anything except the almighty dollar. Don't be surprised if eventually one doesn't surface from Hiang's camp. He is the one with the only other picture of Su Kong Tai Djin in his possession.

Sin and Hiang are so far at odds that one time a student asked Sin The' about the Tai Peng bird system. He replied that there was no such system because the Tai Peng wasn't important enough to have an entire system dedicated to it. Hiang has since taught out all 18 of the forms. Go figure.

Sin claims Ie's date of death as much later, I'm assuming to claim that he made it back to learn more from him. He didn't.

In my first post, I made mention of Shaolin Do being called "kung fu" in Ie's school. I double checked to make sure I was putting it exactly correct. He actually used kung fu, martial arts, and Shaolin Wu Tao pretty much interchangeable as well as drifting back and forth between writing in Chinese and Japanese characters.

When Sin The' first came to the United States, he began teaching as a 5th degree. The gi he wore had 5 diamonds (stripes) to indicate he was a 5th degree. It wasn't until around 1968 that he claimed the 10th degree.

In 1968 and 1969, Sin and Hiang hosted the Grand Nationals karate tournament. Fumio Demura among other notables was on hand. Bill "Superfoot" Wallace competed as well.

Maybe I should field questions instead of just rambling on and on with stuff that may already be common knowledge.

Posted On:
    6/04/2005 3:00am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Are Sin and Hiang in agreement about Ie's killing those eleven soldiers who confronted him?

One Ambulance, Eleven Cops...

Posted On:
    6/04/2005 8:16am

Join us... or die
     Style: Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Where did those forms come from? I ask because they look totally made up. Thanks.
    “We are surrounded by warships and don’t have time to talk. Please pray for us.” — One Somali Pirate.
Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 289101112 1314151622 ... LastLast