Welterweight

Posted On:
    5/29/2004 2:05am

supporting member
     Style: Roberto Traven BJJ (Blue)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by miguksaram
    Cool...up until recently TKD was 2000 years old until people started digging for the truth and found that they were being spoon fed crap for the sake of pride and money. Seems like SD is going down the same path. Thanks for the input that you have provided. It does help clear up some items.
    Not 2000 years old? I bet now you are going to say the kicks are not designed to kick people off horses.;)

Day Tripper/Dream Weaver

Posted On:
    5/29/2004 9:56am

supporting member
     Style: Shorei-ryu & Kumdo & TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by Chuan
    Not 2000 years old? I bet now you are going to say the kicks are not designed to kick people off horses.;)
    Chuan...you better sit down for what I have to tell you next. ;)-
    Jeremy M. Talbott

Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    "Bullshido isn't just a place to hang out when you're browsing the net. We really are trying to accomplish something fucking extraordinary here that nobody's ever had the balls to do before."
    Quote Originally Posted by D.Murray
    "Which is better, to learn the truth, or to enjoy the illusion of being right when you are not?"
    Quote Originally Posted by hangooknamja88 View Post
    My definition of Ki is our energy. it's rather hard to explain it in words. It's not some mystical type of energy like white people...

SUPPORT BULLSHIDO!

Welterweight

Posted On:
    5/29/2004 10:20am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sitting now....

Fig Newtons are fruit and cake, suckah.

Posted On:
    5/29/2004 1:23pm

supporting member
     Style: Buffalo Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Please don't tell me that the camo belts weren't made for hiding in the woods....
    Apu: "Oh! You have just been Apu'd!"

WARNING: BJJ may cause airway obstruction.

Posted On:
    6/04/2004 4:21pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Bajillion Joo Jizzu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have a friend who studies at the Shaolin Temple Overseas Headquarters in Flushing, NY. This is the only Shaolin Temple in United States that is recognized by the Henan Province Shaolin Temple. Needless to say, she told me that the Henan Province Shaolin Temple does not recognize any Shaolin Do or any other Shaolin schools. They are not and never have been a part of the temple in China.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    6/04/2004 4:24pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nuff said....

Unemployed

Posted On:
    6/04/2004 5:01pm

supporting member
     Style: Filthy Jailhouse Tactics

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A related thread about my Shaolin-Do experiences, linked here for your convenience.

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...threadid=13139
    MY NAME IS ANTAGONY I SUCK AT COMBAT SPORTS KTHX

"blahblahblah, but I don't think I'm going to train tonight."
    "Fag."
    "Well if that were true, then I'd really REALLY want to come train!"

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/06/2005 11:35pm

Style: none

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    what do you want to know about the history of shaolin-do under sin the'? i have the training manual sitting here right in front of me as i tried this pile of crap art out for 2 months about 5 years ago and quit after my privillage of training directly under sin for a weekend.

my personal experiences with sin, and the reason i quit were i found out this guy is a pathological liar first hand.

where to start. he told me francis ford copella was in pre production of a trilogy of movies based on his life and shaolin-do. i knew this was bs.

he told me he was at a bar waiting for a meeting about the film and told me he watched jean claude van damme get his ass kicked by his bodyguard.

he told me next time he came he would bring me a mushroom that cures cancer even in advanced stages if i make yogurt out of its spores.

all this and a mullet to boot. i knew it was bs before that based on how sloppy the black belts in the school were. but still i hung in there as the oportunity to study w/ a grandmaster in any real art is a big deal. so i figured, wtf, ill stick it out and if i still hate it, ill quit after that.

this guys a complete tool.

so anyway, fire away with the history questions as i have the manual right here at my desk. thankfully im a pack rat and rarely throw anything away lol

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    5/07/2005 12:35am

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by christian_w

he told me he was at a bar waiting for a meeting about the film and told me he watched jean claude van damme get his ass kicked by his bodyguard.
    I doubt Sin The was there, but this happened - it was a stuntman/bodyguard by the name of Chuck Zito, lost his patience with Van Damme (who is reported to be kind of . . . less then nice to the help). He planted one on Van Damme, knocking him on his ass, then actor/former boxer mickey rourke broke it up. Zito plays on Oz, and is a prominent Hell's Angel.

Link to news item
    Link to Zito's website.

Note that if Sin was there, he might have a little 'splainin to do - as it happened in Scores.
    Last edited by JohnnyCache; 5/07/2005 12:40am at .
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/07/2005 12:41am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by christian_w
    what do you want to know about the history of shaolin-do under sin the'? i have the training manual sitting here right in front of me as i tried this pile of crap art out for 2 months about 5 years ago and quit after my privillage of training directly under sin for a weekend.

my personal experiences with sin, and the reason i quit were i found out this guy is a pathological liar first hand.

where to start. he told me francis ford copella was in pre production of a trilogy of movies based on his life and shaolin-do. i knew this was bs.

he told me next time he came he would bring me a mushroom that cures cancer even in advanced stages if i make yogurt out of its spores.

all this and a mullet to boot. i knew it was bs before that based on how sloppy the black belts in the school were. but still i hung in there as the oportunity to study w/ a grandmaster in any real art is a big deal. so i figured, wtf, ill stick it out and if i still hate it, ill quit after that.

this guys a complete tool.

so anyway, fire away with the history questions as i have the manual right here at my desk. thankfully im a pack rat and rarely throw anything away lol
    Do you remember what he was teaching and the name of the form?
Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 7891011 1213141521 ... LastLast