Style
    Gracie Jiu Jitsu
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

The Can opener and 100% prevention.

So I was asked about escapes for these by a member and figured I would make two short video responses.

Last edited by Raycetpfl; 4/21/2017 10:31pm at .

Style
    Boxing
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks for these video responses man! I now understand the defenses much better.

Style
    Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I hope my question isn't too nubile, but these escapes are NOT competition legal right?

Referring specifically to the first video, "Crush their face" part.

Not that there's anything wrong with that, but this would get you DQ'd in any BJJ tourney, no?

Style
    Gracie Jiu Jitsu
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pship Destroyer View Post
    I hope my question isn't too nubile, but these escapes are NOT competition legal right?

Not that there's anything wrong with that, but this would get you DQ'd in any BJJ tourney, no?
    You're allowed to build frames and post on faces. You can't strike. These will fly in NAGA and every place can openers are legal.
    Can openers are actually illegal in all major tournaments for "GI BJJ" . They are legal in submission grappling and mma.

Style
    Gracie Jiu Jitsu
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    From mount I actually post on people's neck and face to spin for armbars in competition. It's very distracting for them.

Style
    Boxing
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pship Destroyer View Post

My question wasn't really about BJJ Competitions,it was self-defense oriented. The reason being is that the 100% neck crank/Can opener is one of the most simple submissions,and therefore it is one of the most likely submissions you will encounter from an untrained but semi-competent opponent/brute. (Besides the guillotine choke)

I asked Rayce about it because even though I knew how to use the submission,I didn't know how to defend against it. at least now I do.