Page 6 of 6 First ... 23456

Thread: Street Kimura

Style
    Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kovacs View Post
    As far as I know, US cop's range of force is scalable from verbal to lethal. It all depends on if it's justified and most importantly of all, if they can prove it was justified.

So busting arms is potentially legit.
    If so, then where are the cases where cops got immunity from civil suits for breaking bones.

I already found a counterexample. I'll bet we can find countless civil cases against cops for both injuries and deaths. There are countless cases. The cases where qualified immunity is granted are mostly special cases unrelated to bodily harm.

So..where is the cop who got immunity from maiming a school age kids?

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pship Destroyer View Post
    Beaumont TX .
    proof?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    Lift a lot of weights and sexually assault anyone who tries step to you. Flip the script. Watch that fight turn to flight when you go for penetration.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raycetpfl View Post
    Just for future reference dude..... when you are doing it right you don't soil your under-roos when you nail chicks.

Style
    Cross Fit, small arms.
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If so, then where are the cases where cops got immunity from civil suits for breaking bones.

I already found a counterexample. I'll bet we can find countless civil cases against cops for both injuries and deaths. There are countless cases. The cases where qualified immunity is granted are mostly special cases unrelated to bodily harm.

Reference: 'if it's justified'
    Ne Obliviscaris

Style
    Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
    proof?
    Beaumont is a pretty poor town. 1 in 5 are below the poverty level. Per capita family income is just over 23K/yr.

Median total FAMILY income is barely 50k.

Beaumont is a pretty poor town, income wise (but their business sector is doing OK).

Style
    Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As a general rule, police may only use the degree of force that is necessary to maintain control of an incident, affect an arrest, or protect the officer or the public from harm. Any use of force falling outside those parameters could be viewed as excessive.

Personal injuries resulting from excessive application of force are actionable. While police officers are shielded, somewhat, by theories of governmental immunity, their protection is not absolute. If your injuries were the direct result of excessive application of force, and can be clearly attributed to the officer in question, your lawsuit will likely stand.
    http://www.alllaw.com/articles/nolo/...ty-guards.html

Here's what I know for sure. This video is trending (for the second time) in several places other than here, and people are discussing what appears to be a slam dunk lawsuit.

It's possible this was a ho-hum incident up until it went viral. Now people are talking and the talk is: sue.

Style
    BJJ, FMA
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's possible this was a ho-hum incident up until it went viral. Now people are talking and the talk is: sue.
    Oh neat, well we all know everyone on the internet is both a Doctor and a Lawyer.
    Of the single rapier fight between valiant men, having both skill, he that is the best wrestler, or if neither of them can wrestle, the strongest man most commonly kills the other, or leaves him at his mercy.
    –George Silver, Paradoxes of Defence

Style
    Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    Oh neat, well we all know everyone on the internet is both a Doctor and a Lawyer.
    You wouldn't sue?

I would.

Style
    BJJ, FMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You wouldn't sue?

I would.
    It would depend on what my lawyer advises.
    Of the single rapier fight between valiant men, having both skill, he that is the best wrestler, or if neither of them can wrestle, the strongest man most commonly kills the other, or leaves him at his mercy.
    –George Silver, Paradoxes of Defence

Style
    Jiu-Jitsu, Judo,Wrestling
    Click Here to Visit My Business
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    It would depend on what my lawyer advises.
    Or how one's conscience dictates if one has a conscience.

My dog is cuter and smarter than yours. Join us... or die
    Style
    Kodokan Judo
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Are you okay?

Seriously I I never said cops always get qualified immunity or other people to whom the term can apply that law can apply for their actions acting in their official capacity.

You're such a great internet sleuth I'm sure you've already found other examples to go both ways.

Like I said the standards for granny qualified immunity are very well defined although not without controversy I'm sure in your internet searching on the subject I'm sure you have found that there are some people who think qualified immunity is it illegal or unconstitutional perhaps is the right word.

Whatever the case may be qualified immunity is a thing and some cops are granted qualified immunity and others are not it's a matter for the courts to decide and so is my understanding goes it happens on a case by case basis.

Goodnight.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

Page 6 of 6 First ... 23456