Page 25 of 25 First ... 152122232425
  1. #241
    My dog is cuter and smarter than yours. Join us... or die
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    13,524
    Style
    Kodokan Judo
    4
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Raycetpfl View Post
    It's a flying mare! Not Ippon Seio Nage
    Which came first the Flying Mare, Jap Whizzer, or Ippon Seoi Nage?

    Inquiring minds want to know...

    You know, it would vastly improve the quality of this whole troll job would improve if the troller was more of a cosmopolitan grappler. And I don't mean a super model...
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

  2. #242
    My dog is cuter and smarter than yours. Join us... or die
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    13,524
    Style
    Kodokan Judo
    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Raycetpfl View Post
    Dudes not horrible and says his style is Muay Thai and Bjj.

    Weird he doesn't claim to be a folk wrestler.
    I wasn't commenting on his technical ability, just showing up to a fight like that looking like a couch potato.

    I mean, I know you don't have to be ripped like Arnold to be in great shape, but, please...
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

  3. #243
    Raycetpfl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Tampa Fl
    Posts
    4,489
    Style
    Gracie Jiu Jitsu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Tzadok View Post
    Now unless Rayce's teacher was happy with Rayce being an inferior black belt, my guess would be that Rayce is probably at roughly the same ability level.
    I Am probably around Ricky's level when he competed here. This was around 8 years ago. Ricky is even better now. He's much better than me.

  4. #244

    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Jerusalem
    Posts
    715
    Style
    Pramek/Sambo/BJJ
    3
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Raycetpfl View Post
    I Am probably around Ricky's level when he competed here. This was around 8 years ago. Ricky is even better now. He's much better than me.
    That is sorta the nature of things until age starts to slow you down too much.

  5. #245
    My dog is cuter and smarter than yours. Join us... or die
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    13,524
    Style
    Kodokan Judo
    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by preschol View Post
    If you like transitions, here is my old training partner and the person who gave me a Black Belt in JJJ (that I never wear).

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_qikOybOgQ
    Great take-down defense and transitions, right here ! Must have been the hip toss to scarf hold that caught him by surprise.

    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

  6. #246
    Raycetpfl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Tampa Fl
    Posts
    4,489
    Style
    Gracie Jiu Jitsu
    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    Great take-down defense and transitions, right here ! Must have been the hip toss to scarf hold that caught him by surprise.

    Chris Barrnett would compete in the novice division of grappling tournaments locally after he had like 5 pro fights. It was really annoying. They would claim it was OK because he is a kickboxer. He beat one of my students back then. Novice is for people with less than a year of training. I never understood the fighting below your skill level mentality of people.

  7. #247
    Pship Destroyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    The Imperial Security Complex
    Posts
    1,942
    Style
    Judo
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Raycetpfl View Post
    Novice is for people with less than a year of training. I never understood the fighting below your skill level mentality of people.
    There was a study done on this exact subject.



    Last edited by Pship Destroyer; 4/24/2017 5:46pm at . Reason: Disclaimer: not a real study, but probably true anyway.

Page 25 of 25 First ... 152122232425

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in