Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last
  1. #11
    DCS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    6,501
    Style
    Jits
    4
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Raycetpfl View Post
    How come all the other types of jiu jitsu seem to have control over the force ....... except mine?
    You should get your midi-chlorians levels checked.

  2. #12

    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    448
    Style
    Bjj
    4
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Raycetpfl View Post
    How come all the other types of jiu jitsu seem to have control over the force ....... except mine?
    Your chakra's are misaligned or your opponents have one toe pointing up and one pointing down.

  3. #13

    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    513
    Style
    Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kravbizarre View Post
    Your chakra's are misaligned or your opponents have one toe pointing up and one pointing down.
    I was taught if you do that it will misalign your own chi.

  4. #14

    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    The Street
    Posts
    503
    Style
    Turkish oil wrestling
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I once was a fraud

  5. #15

    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    1
    Style
    Hsing-I Ch'uan
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    [QUOTE=SILAS CROCKER;2924316]Lol, this guy claims to be a 10th Dan Soke of Seki Ryu JuJitsu from Sanzo Seki; however, the truth is Linda Gross was left the Seki Ryu system by Sanzo Seki upon his death. Go look up his YouTube videos, they are pathetic yet hilarious. His techniques are all magician tricks, no real waza at all. Anybody have info on this phony quack?


    Skip Koepke was a legitimate student of Sanzo Seki. In fact, he was #2. Linda Gross was Seki's ichiban. For some time Skip was hooked up with Gene LaBelle operating a training center they called "The Welcome Mat." I only met Skip once back in the '80's when I was training with Linda. She mentioned at that time that Skip was pretty busted up (accident I think) That may account for his inability to perform well. But he certainly had the experience of first-hand training with Sanzo Seki himself.

    Cheers,
    Jgendoa

  6. #16

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    670
    Style
    BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Raycetpfl View Post
    How come all the other types of jiu jitsu seem to have control over the force ....... except mine?
    You gotta meditate harder. Here's a demonstration video.


  7. #17

    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    7
    Style
    JKD, Kali, Aikido, JJ
    -2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    Response for

    I am a current student of Soke Skip Koepke and I would like to shed some actual primary-source light on the situation.
    Koepke's Sokeship is, in truth, legitimate and in no way disputed. Seki-ryu and his Sokeship of it is recognized clearly by the USJJF. He has also received an honorary rank from the USJF. He did in fact run the "Welcome Mat" with Gene Labell, as a previous poster stated. Also replying to a previous post, he has in recent years received multiple joint replacements, leaving him unable to demonstrate techniques at significant speed or risk. Therefore, he focuses on teaching us (his students) the fundamentals of body mechanics and honing each one of us independently based on our body types and previous skill sets.
    He seeks only to preserve the most ancient concepts of jujitsu. In fact, he charges us almost nothing for private lessons and spends hours making hand-crafted, personalized weapons for us each. We're never charged for belts or tests or certificates or any of the bullshido. The money is literally a formality.

    You could see him perform his more advanced techniques from his earlier (80's and 90's) filmed seminars. However, they're not for sale because he's no bullshidoka! The man is upstanding.

    As for the situation with New Orleans, there was originally another individual in New Orleans who was pushing to inherit Seki-ryu by the name of Frank Caracci. It became apparent that he was an alcoholic who was trying to take advantage of Soke Koepke to inherit the school for marketing his own ego. When this became clear, Soke Skip stripped him of his Seki-ryu rank and began training Eric Hite to form the New Orleans school. Eric is an experience jujitsu practitioner with instructorships under the Machados. When he was evaluated by Koepke, he was granted his 4th Dan based on this experienced to help the New Orleans chapter get off the ground, with the understanding that he would continue to train with Soke Koepke.
    At this point Frank Caracci started bad-mouthing Koepke all over the internet and even tried to steal the Welcome Mat name and logo for himself (the one formed with Gene Labell). Based on the nature and timing of the original post, I would say it's probably Frank.
    Again, this is from someone who trains with Soke Koepke every week. He also observes us in our other martial arts classes in an attempt to better tailor our training. Soke Koepke's design with Seki-ryu is to preserve the oldest traditions of jujitsu. While it may not seem as glamorous or "practical" as say bjj or other japanese schools, he is attempting to preserve the fundamental understandings and training methods of jujitsu's formation hundreds of years ago. It is not a sport and is not a self-defense system. It is a Martial Art.
    Last edited by leopardpaw; 6/06/2017 7:49am at . Reason: typos

  8. #18
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    16,611
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by leopardpaw View Post
    I am a current student of Soke Skip Koepke and I would like to shed some actual primary-source light on the situation.
    Koepke's Sokeship is, in truth, legitimate and in no way disputed. Seki-ryu and his Sokeship of it is recognized clearly by the USJJF. He has also received an honorary rank from the USJF. He did in fact run the "Welcome Mat" with Gene Labell, as a previous poster stated. Also replying to a previous post, he has in recent years received multiple joint replacements, leaving him unable to demonstrate techniques at significant speed or risk. Therefore, he focuses on teaching us (his students) the fundamentals of body mechanics and honing each one of us independently based on our body types and previous skill sets.
    He seeks only to preserve the most ancient concepts of jujitsu. In fact, he charges us almost nothing for private lessons and spends hours making hand-crafted, personalized weapons for us each. We're never charged for belts or tests or certificates or any of the bullshido. The money is literally a formality.

    You could see him perform his more advanced techniques from his earlier (80's and 90's) filmed seminars. However, they're not for sale because he's no bullshidoka! The man is upstanding.

    As for the situation with New Orleans, there was originally another individual in New Orleans who was pushing to inherit Seki-ryu by the name of Frank Caracci. It became apparent that he was an alcoholic who was trying to take advantage of Soke Koepke to inherit the school for marketing his own ego. When this became clear, Soke Skip stripped him of his Seki-ryu rank and began training Eric Hite to form the New Orleans school. Eric is an experience jujitsu practitioner with instructorships under the Machados. When he was evaluated by Koepke, he was granted his 4th Dan based on this experienced to help the New Orleans chapter get off the ground, with the understanding that he would continue to train with Soke Koepke.
    At this point Frank Caracci started bad-mouthing Koepke all over the internet and even tried to steal the Welcome Mat name and logo for himself (the one formed with Gene Labell). Based on the nature and timing of the original post, I would say it's probably Frank.
    Again, this is from someone who trains with Soke Koepke every week. He also observes us in our other martial arts classes in an attempt to better tailor our training. Soke Koepke's design with Seki-ryu is to preserve the oldest traditions of jujitsu. While it may not seem as glamorous or "practical" as say bjj or other japanese schools, he is attempting to preserve the fundamental understandings and training methods of jujitsu's formation hundreds of years ago. It is not a sport and is not a self-defense system. It is a Martial Art.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

  9. #19

    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    7
    Style
    JKD, Kali, Aikido, JJ
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    Confused

    I don't understand. Your footer makes me fee like you disagree with me but what you posted is a video of Linda Gross performing at an expo 30 years ago. It's a video that was already posted to the forum and I don't think Linda and Soke Skip have trained together since Sanzo Seki died. I'm not sure what this has to do with the topic or what you're trying to say.

  10. #20
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    16,611
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by leopardpaw View Post
    I don't understand. Your footer makes me fee like you disagree with me but what you posted is a video of Linda Gross performing at an expo 30 years ago. It's a video that was already posted to the forum and I don't think Linda and Soke Skip have trained together since Sanzo Seki died. I'm not sure what this has to do with the topic or what you're trying to say.
    Informational purposes for context. I thought the video had been posted before.

    What is the origin of Seki Ryu Ju Jutsu ? What earlier ryu is it derived from? What is the lineage going back from Sanzo Seki (RIP) ?

    I mean no disrespect, in any case.

    I'm curious.

    OK, would this history be fairly accurate?

    http://www.budoshin.com/bjjfact.htm
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in