Page 2 of 6 First 123456 Last
    Style
    BJJ, MMA
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Raycetpfl View Post
    They have adorable accents but some technical holes.
    Haha, well I guess adorable is pretty subjective.

All demonstrators are either blue or purple belts so that is to be expected, would genuinely appreciate any feedback you're willing to provide.
    Last edited by cualltaigh; 5/24/2017 11:56pm at .
    Dum spiro, spero.
    Tada gan iarracht.

Style
    BJJ, MMA
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by battlefields View Post
    Simple step by step. Might help with details missed. And I've heard that the more you have to think about the description, the better your own recollection later.
    Oh it definitely does. The idea for these is meant more as a technical hors d'oeuvre than full on instructional though, but I may try and add some more details if I get to do another one.

So I'm really looking out for you here, bro!
    As always! Much appreciated mate!
    Dum spiro, spero.
    Tada gan iarracht.

Style
    Gracie Jiu Jitsu
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh snap! Shots fired!

Both those women are decorated fighters on the Australian scene.

Can you point out the technical holes? This isn't a challenge, by the way, just interested, as I'm sure Cualltaigh would be too.
    The guys are solid. No real holes that I saw.
    The girls It's little things that their accents more than make up for. Also I am not some white belt being snippy. I out rank them by two and 3 belts respectively. They move well . it's just little things.

1. Rolling Omoplata sweep from closed guard: Once the leg comes over the overhook should be immediately abandoned and needs go over the back. She kinda takes her time and leaves her arm in the overhook while she re-orients her body. This is where a savy opponent would roll fast and could likely end up on top. You should re-orient your body after you overhook over the back. Also imho this sweep really should be taught as a b side. You dont want this sweep. You want to finish the lock, you settle for this sweep.

2.Triangle Defence to wrong-legged triangle: generally you can't finish the wrong leg triangle without sticking your fist in their throat and then pull their head down into the fist.

3. Rolling ninja choke: it's dumb and no one should do it because I don't care for it. It has too many moving parts and chokes are best done from a dominant position. :-p

Palm to palm rnc- the detail of pushing the elbow of the nonchoking hand off the back to add to the force of the choke is important. That should be covered. I can't see if she is actually doing it or not.
    B side of that: it shouldn't be common for someone to be peeling you're hands off a rnc. You should hide your nonchoking hand under your head.
    Last edited by Raycetpfl; 5/25/2017 1:49am at .

Style
    BJJ/ MMA/ MT
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Also I am not some white belt being snippy. I out rank them by two and 3 belts respectively. They move well . it's just little things.
    I was being genuine because I know you outrank them. I know all of them personally and have trained with them, including Cualltaigh and his coach. As I said, I wanted to hear your opinion because I thought it would add to the thread.

EDIT: And I was right, you've pointed out something to look in to, for me, and I'm sure for Cualltaigh.
    Last edited by battlefields; 5/25/2017 1:56am at . Reason: Nunya
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    I think Battlefields and I had a spirited discussion once about who was the biggest narcissist. We both wanted the title but at the end of the day I had to concede defeat. Can't win 'em all.
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    I <3 Battlefields...

Style
    Gracie Jiu Jitsu
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The thing that really stuck out that I don't care for is when the girls are in guard they are being mat slugs, their whole back and butt are on the mat. They should have their hips up and extended to prevent their opponents from throwing big shots. By extending their hips they would prevent weight transfer into the punches. It's a super common mistake people make and the difference between staying awake in certain cases.

Style
    BJJ, MMA
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The guys are solid. No real holes that I saw.
    The girls It's little things that their accents more than make up for. Also I am not some white belt being snippy. I out rank them by two and 3 belts respectively. They move well . it's just little things.

1. Rolling Omoplata sweep from closed guard: Once the leg comes over the overhook should be immediately abandoned and needs go over the back. She kinda takes her time and leaves her arm in the overhook while she re-orients her body. This is where a savy opponent would roll fast and could likely end up on top. You should re-orient your body after you overhook over the back. Also imho this sweep really should be taught as a b side. You dont want this sweep. You want to finish the lock, you settle for this sweep.

2.Triangle Defence to wrong-legged triangle: generally you can't finish the wrong leg triangle without sticking your fist in their throat and then pull their head down into the fist.

3. Rolling ninja choke: it's dumb and no one should do it because I don't care for it. It has too many moving parts and chokes are best done from a dominant position. :-p

Palm to palm rnc- the detail of pushing the elbow of the nonchoking hand off the back to add to the force of the choke is important. That should be covered. I can't see if she is actually doing it or not.
    B side of that: it shouldn't be common for someone to be peeling you're hands off a rnc. You should hide your nonchoking hand under your head.
    Thanks for that Rayce.

Definitely agree with point 1.

I'm not particularly competent at wrong-legged triangles so will take this on board next time we drill them.

For 3, this is kinda the b side to a near side armbar using your lapel to isolate and control that near shoulder and head. Definitely not a meat and potatoes move but a good one to catch people napping occasionally.

Definitely agree on the rear arm for the palm to palm choke. I also tend to emphasise using your head to push theirs forward, as the first thing most people do when you tell the to drive forward with that rear arm is arch their head back into the losing-your-teeth-from-a-reverse-headbutt zone.
    Dum spiro, spero.
    Tada gan iarracht.

Style
    Jits
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm not anyone to say there are technical mistakes in the clips however there are some things I would have done slighty differently.

Style
    Gracie Jiu Jitsu
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by cualltaigh View Post
    occasionally.

Definitely agree on the rear arm for the palm to palm choke. I also tend to emphasise using your head to push theirs forward, as the first thing most people do when you tell the to drive forward with that rear arm is arch their head back into the losing-your-teeth-from-a-reverse-headbutt zone.
    Your head should be on the side of their's keeping them from being able to escape by rolling to their back.
    ideally want to be ear to ear with them. Using your head to help hold them in place. I always say pretend their ear is a sea shell and you are trying to hear the ocean.

Style
    BJJ, MMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DCS View Post
    I'm not anyone to say there are technical mistakes in the clips however there are some things I would have done slighty differently.
    Well don't be shy, this is what the technical forums are for.
    Dum spiro, spero.
    Tada gan iarracht.

Style
    Jits
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by cualltaigh View Post
    Well don't be shy, this is what the technical forums are for.
    Not shy, but lacking time.

Anyway, in the leg grab rollover sweep (https://www.facebook.com/CombatLabMa...9997052391829/) @ 0:48 I would have grabbed partner's arm not over, but under, like for an armdrag and for the rolling over I would have tried to bring my leg closer to his armpit.

Regarding the palm up palm down choke, I always go for the classic Judo form as seen in this clip @2:40.

Page 2 of 6 First 123456 Last