Page 2 of 26 First 12345612 ... Last

Style
    Jiu-Jitsu, Judo,Wrestling
    Click Here to Visit My Business
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Raycetpfl View Post
    I am not listed as an ibjjf certified black belt either, Because that list is of certified black belts. That means you took a ref course,cpr course, and have a background check that came back clean and you gave him $400.

A sexual predator can't be an ibjjf certified black belt. He will fail the background test. I'm not a certified ibjjf black belt because I keep forgetting to do my paperwork and send in my check.

I am however listed as a 2 times IBJJF black belt bronze medalist and I have a current ibjjf membership as a black belt.
    The point is, anybody can put up a page saying they are a black belt in anything (and often do).

Where is the proof of his claim that Rigan Machado promoted him to black belt in Jiu-Jitsu?

Until I see that proof, and until Rigan Machado verifies that the proof is indeed bonafide,

I say that Paul Saucido has made an unsubstantiated claim that should in no way reflect poorly on Rigan Machado.

How many people have come on these boards dropping names, as if dropping names was golden armor or a valid appeal to authority or a substitute for a proper argument.

Dropping names along with making claims without proof, is the ultimate tool of a bullshitter.
    Last edited by WFMurphyPhD; 3/20/2017 11:34am at .

Style
    Gracie Jiu Jitsu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
    The point, is anybody can put up a page saying they are a black belt in anything (and often do).

Where is the proof of his claim that Rigan Machado promoted him to black belt in Jiu-Jitsu?

Until I see that proof, and until Rigan Machado verifies that the proof is indeed bonafide,

I say that Paul Saucido has made an unsubstantiated claim that should in no way reflect poorly on Rigan Machado.

How many people have come on these boards dropping names, as if dropping names was golden armor or a valid appeal to authority or a substitute for a proper argument.

Dropping names along with making claims without proof, is the ultimate tool of a bullshitter.
    Agreed about the name dropping, but if you read the previous statements on the issue it's not looking good. Have you read the original story from 2013?

Style
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Agreed about the name dropping, but if you read the previous statements on the issue it's not looking good. Have you read the original story from 2013?
    I think I have read the original story, regarding the sexual assault.

Has there been any acknowledgement from Rigan Machado that he did promote this guy?

That I have not seen...

But, I have seen many people in the past claim to have black belts that were later found out to have not been promoted from the person they alleged to have promoted them.
    Last edited by WFMurphyPhD; 3/20/2017 11:24am at .

Style
    Jits
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The story of why he probably doesn't deserve to share our air.
    What if the guy is reformed?

Googling about him found this site: http://www.paulsaucido.com/give/

Style
    Gracie Jiu Jitsu
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DCS View Post
    What if the guy is reformed?

Googling about him found this site: http://www.paulsaucido.com/give/
    The woman drank too much, an arrest affidavit says, and blacked out in the bathroom after getting sick. She awoke in the bathroom to find Saucido raping her, she told police, and she screamed in pain before blacking out again.

"(The friend) knocked on the bathroom door, as it was believed that (the woman) was inside. After a moment ... (the friend) heard the bathroom door open and saw Saucido look out, then close and lock the door again," the affidavit says. "Once Saucido opened the door, (the friend) saw (the woman) was in there with him. (The friend) said Saucido carried (the woman) to the taxi."

Half an hour later, the friend and boyfriend heard noises coming from the living room, the affidavit says. The boyfriend went to investigate and found Saucido again having sex with the woman, who was still passed out face down on the couch, the affidavit says.

On police request, the victim agreed to a recorded phone call to Saucido, during which she asked him about the assault, the affidavit says. The papers say Saucido told her during the call that while the incident was happening, he thought to himself, "I don't know what ... I'm doing. I need to sober up."
    When a virus or bacteria or some other lifeform that causes pain,immense pain, sickness for the others and that serves no purpose is present it should be eradicated.
    I feel the same way about the bubonic plague or ebola as I do about rapists. I don't hate them. I don't want revenge. They should just be wipe clean from this earth.
    Date rapers are especially broken. They are cowardly weasels who use words,lies and deny what they are until the victim is incapacitated. Their words mean nothing. Their words are what allowed them to be close to their victims in the first place. Their brain programing has a defect.It needs to be deleted.
    If they are sorry? Good for them. Their brain programing has a defect.It needs to be deleted just the same.

Style
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When a virus or bacteria or some other lifeform that causes pain,immense pain, sickness for the others and that serves no purpose is present it should be eradicated.
    I feel the same way about the bubonic plague or ebola as I do about rapists. I don't hate them. I don't want revenge. They should just be wipe clean from this earth.
    Date rapers are especially broken. They are cowardly weasels who use words,lies and deny what they are until the victim is incapacitated. Their words mean nothing. Their words are what allowed them to be close to their victims in the first place. Their brain programing has a defect.It needs to be deleted.
    If they are sorry? Good for them. Their brain programing has a defect.It needs to be deleted just the same.
    We don't need people in coaching roles that are rapists.

We have enough problems already without that problem, and the students deserve better.

Style
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I reached out to a friend of mine who is a Machado black belt,

to let them know that Paul Saucido was spreading this vile rumor at Rigan Machado's expense.

And I sent an email to Rigan's academy to let them know.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten. supporting member
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Rigan Machado seems to me to have questionable integrity, even before I heard about this, with his celebrity jiu jitsu and his public support of Systema bullshido. He seems like a people pleaser.

Style
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    Rigan Machado seems to me to have questionable integrity, even before I heard about this, with his celebrity jiu jitsu and his public support of Systema bullshido. He seems like a people pleaser.
    Many people on this board have noted that when you take "soft" arts without an expert background in "hard" (and live) arts,
    that knowledge of the "soft" art may not enable the practitioner to apply the techniques of the soft art
    against somebody really trying to smash or hurt them.
    Conversely, you take an Olympic wrestler or Judoka, and you cross train them in tai chi, Aikido, Krav Maga, or Systema,
    and they may be able to draw insights, and perform application that is very damaging to their opponent,
    because they did not forget their background in their core art,
    and can integrate in distinctions from other arts and other approaches with the full weight of their prior practical, live combat art experience to do so.
    I don't know much about "soft" arts.
    I have focused on Wrestling, Judo, G/BJJ, and Boxing.
    However, Rigan has had people trying to smash him live, including some of the toughest people, his whole life.
    If he says he learned something from somebody, it is because he has an open mind,
    and given his expert's expert level in G/BJJ, he will see things that even new black belts in BJJ (or mid level Black belts in BJJ like myself) may not see.
    Rigan has just been at it longer, been teaching it longer, and has journeyed from young teenager through advancing middle aged stages of human life
    himself as an expert practitioner of G/BJJ.
    That is a lot of mat time, and practical experience studying martial arts, and their application and teaching.
    Not everything is a sell out;
    Sometimes people have an open mind, and have a lot of experience and context.
    If you are Rigan and have been practicing Jiu-Jitsu for around 40 years,
    sometimes the way to learn new things is to study new things with an open mind.
    I don't presume to speak for Rigan, because I do not have his experience,
    and I have not spoken to him.
    But that is my guess.
    Last edited by WFMurphyPhD; 3/20/2017 6:10pm at .

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten. supporting member
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
    Many people on this board have noted that when you take "soft" arts without an expert background in "hard" (and live) arts,
    that knowledge of the "soft" art may not enable the practitioner to apply the techniques of the soft art
    against somebody really trying to smash or hurt them.
    Conversely, you take an Olympic wrestler or Judoka, and you cross train them in tai chi, Aikido, Krav Maga, or Systema,
    and they may be able to draw insights, and perform application that is very damaging to their opponent,
    because they did not forget their background in their core art,
    and can integrate in distinctions from other arts and other approaches with the full weight of the practical, live experience to do so.
    I don't know much about "soft" arts.
    I have focused on Wrestling, Judo, G/BJJ, and Boxing.
    However, Rigan has had people trying to smash him live, including some of the toughest people, his whole life.
    If he says he learned something from somebody, it is because he has an open mind,
    and given his expert's expert level in G/BJJ, he will see things that even new black belts in BJJ (or mid level Black belts in BJJ like myself) may not see.
    He has just been at it longer, been teaching it longer, and has journey from young teenager through advancing middle aged stages of human life
    as an expert practitioner of G/BJJ.
    Not everything is a sell out;
    Sometimes people have an open mind, and have a lot of experience and context.
    Having vast jiu jitsu experience doesn't magically make you a good or honorable person. Also, some people are good at things but dumb as ****. (See George Foreman).

I don't know which is the case with Machado but something seems amiss to me. Some of the stuff he says and does is bullshit. I don't care what belt he wears.

Page 2 of 26 First 12345612 ... Last