Page 3 of 3 First 123
    Style
    Wrestling
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Or, you might bend your lower leg back 90 degrees because you thought you had indestructible Thai legs, like Silva did.
    Anderson Silva is a 5th dan in TKD. It was his first martial art. He's even petitioned to compete for Brazil in the Olympics.

Style
    Pumping iron
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Moment View Post
    Anderson Silva is a 5th dan in TKD. It was his first martial art. He's even petitioned to compete for Brazil in the Olympics.
    He's also a professional troll (i.e. a Brazillian).
    go to http://www.bullshido.net/forums/prof...do=editoptions > under Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

Style
    Pumping iron
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    He's also a professional troll (i.e. a Brazillian).
    Ugh, this sounded more clever (and coherent) in my head.
    go to http://www.bullshido.net/forums/prof...do=editoptions > under Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

Style
    FMA, Ego Warrior
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Martial15 View Post
    After the fast and intense sessions of kickboxing over a five year period, I have joined an ITF taekwondo club as additional training. The first session was brilliant with lots of padwork and combinations. But the last two sessions have been literally almost all pattern work. I've done the four direction punch and block countless times. Whilst I understand that patterns are a part of TKD, I didn't think that they'd be the main focus and I don't feel I'm improving my punches, kicks or blocks. Are all ITF clubs like this and would WTF be closer to the high energy training I'm looking for, or should I just stick to kickboxing/Muay Thai/boxing?
    The way I see it you've got two choices.
    Either pull up your silkies and join a real full contact combat sport that will keep the adrenaline level appropriately jacked or...

...Watch Cyborg (1989), China O'Brien (1990) and Mortal Combat (1995) in that order and get totally pumped for Tae Kwon Do again!
    So good!

Style
    MMA,BJJ, Gongkwon Yusul
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I trained at a WTF place for a while. I do feel that it helped my kicks a lot when I went to kickboxing after, but when I went back and tried to train both at once I found the way I was expected to move in tkd incompatible with kickboxing, so I dropped it and just went for kickboxing.

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Am I the only one surprised it took 3 lessons??

Style
    Kickboxing
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Martial15 View Post
    Bored of taekwondo after only 3 sessions?
    TKD, that's yer problem right thur.

Style
    KARATE-BJJ-MMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Moment View Post
    Those people are typically known as "pussies" around these parts.
    (Raises hand) Here!

Style
    Bjj
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Tkd was destroyed by the olympics and bussiness models based around making money off parents.

Uncle did tkd in the late 70s. Was common to see people with broken ribs or selection of bruises. Fast forward 3 decades, had a client come through. Hes from england and competed in tkd over there few years ago and got disqualified. He said he kicked his opponent to his face and gave him a good nose bleed, and got told he was dq'ed for 'lacking control'.........

Style
    Jiu-Jitsu, Judo,Wrestling
    Click Here to Visit My Business
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kravbizarre View Post
    Tkd was destroyed by the olympics and bussiness models based around making money off parents.

Uncle did tkd in the late 70s. Was common to see people with broken ribs or selection of bruises. Fast forward 3 decades, had a client come through. Hes from england and competed in tkd over there few years ago and got disqualified. He said he kicked his opponent to his face and gave him a good nose bleed, and got told he was dq'ed for 'lacking control'.........
    When I was in Korea, I asked about Ssireum.

Only the older people had seen it live.

When I asked about Tae Kwon Do, almost all of my Korean colleagues largely independently answered:

"Oh yeah, for children."

I don't know how representative the sample was, as they were all medical doctors, and work-a-holics (not meant as an insult).

Page 3 of 3 First 123