Page 11 of 30 First ... 78910111213141521 ... Last
    Style
    all things in Moderation
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Raycetpfl View Post
    Yea I agree. McGregor is a fast twitch muscle guy as evident by his Dim Mak, but he gets to come in heavy and is a very professional dedicated guy. The physical stress of boxing vs mma is negligible. He's been in a 25 min war with a ridiculously tough guy.

It's gonna come down to Landing better more effective strikes.
    I think strategy and gaming the rules are going to be the deciding factor. If I remember correctly Mayweather has a couple maybe just a few more boxing rounds behind him and a pretty fair history on the score card.

Knockout artists are great in boxing ...but uhhh ... you know ... there are strategies to stuff that **** and win gloriously boring money.
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Quote Originally Posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
    Slamming the man in the bottom position from time to time keeps everybody on their toes and discourages butt scooting stupidity.

Style
    Pumping iron
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I wouldn't wanna be Connor's trainer right now.

"So uh, we got 2 months to prepare you for Floyd. Uh... so like, what can we actually do... uh."
    go to http://www.bullshido.net/forums/prof...do=editoptions > under Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

Style
    Pumping iron
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And get raped by floyd's lawyers and the NSAC. It's a boxing match.
    They actually put that in the contract!

https://www.badlefthook.com/2017/6/1...-on-mayweather
    go to http://www.bullshido.net/forums/prof...do=editoptions > under Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

Style
    Judo, Nippon Kempo
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So it turns out I know absolutely nothing about MMA. It also happens that my brother is a boxe coach, and I drop in at his course once or twice a week so I get boxe instruction for free.

Some time ago he was speaking with the other students of the course about a guy, a certain MacGregor, who choose to fight Mayweather (nobody there follws MMA so MacGregor was a vaguely known name, whereas Mayweather is Teh Monster). The general opinion was: this MacGregor guy is just a fool.
    In facts my brother remarked that he saw a video of MacGregor training and he had problems against his sparring partner, how could this guy think to go against Mayweather?
    My brother description was that this MacGregor guy was contantly rushing against his opponent, but this is foolish in boxe since you put yourself at danger and have no real advantage from closing the distance that much.

My opinion is that Devil is right, and that MacGregor just hopes to make big, REALLY BIG money out of it, and I give something like 99% chance[1] of victory to Mayweather. And I too totally have no idea of who MacGregor is, I just think that boxe is very technical and that while punches from MMA are really close to boxe, the dynamics of the match are very different so that an MMA "puncher" is at big disadvantage in boxe. Plus Mayweather is Teh Monster.

[1] This number comes from a very complex computer simulation, whose proprietary algorythm I won't disclose, but trust me.

Style
    Pumping iron
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    If McNugget doesn't retire after this **** and stay retired permanently, he's a goddamn fool. Retire super young with your health and don't look back. You already won, ************. It's rocking chair time.
    Hard to say no to another $$MILLION$$.

Style
    Kyokushin/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post

Yup. That's why I said it.

Style
    Pumping iron
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yup. That's why I said it.
    MMA doesn't work in a boxing ring anyway.

Try it and you'll end up like this

Style
    Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post

I had a feeling they would.

You can't really "unlearn" MMA, right? So it's a real risk that Connor's training will kick in at some point.

McGregor better learn real quick to be a cool head. I don't think he can pull it off without a trip to some mythical temple for a few years, training with monks, eating porridge.

Style
    Judo
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Raycetpfl View Post
    Floyd has been a more reliable invest than the S&P........ but that also means he's due for a crash.
    This same gambler's fallacy is why I've lost money every time I've bet against Mayweather.

I don't make that mistake any more...BUT I'm sure a lot of people will, given the odds.

It's not a sure thing by any means...but one guy has to step it up, and the other guy is Floyd Mayweather.

Style
    Kyokushin/BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Fun fact from reddit: this fight is for the lineal WWF Brawl for All title

Bart Gunn KOs Bradshaw and wins WWF Brawl for All on August 24, 1998
    Butterbean def. Bart Gunn
    Genki Sudo def. Butterbean
    Norifumi Yamamoto def. Sudo
    Joe warren def. Yamamoto
    Bibiano Fernandes def. Warren
    Hiroyuki Takaya def. Fernandes
    Robbie Peralta def. Takaya
    Akiri Corassani def. Peralta
    Dustin Poirier def. Corassani
    Conor McGregor def. Poirier
    Nate Diaz def. McGregor
    Conor McGregor def. Nate Diaz
    Conor McGregor vs. Floyd Mayweather on August 26, 2017
    If Floyd wins and then retires, he'll retire as the very last Lineal Brawl for All Champion. After 19 years, a dumb Vince Russo idea has culminated in the biggest boxing match of all time.

This is the most absurd bullshit I've heard about this fight yet.

Page 11 of 30 First ... 78910111213141521 ... Last