Page 1 of 8 12345 ... Last

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Hung Gar places in Snohomish County, WA, I can't read forum descriptions and rules

Hey all,

Looking for a legitimate place the teaches Hung Gar for a reasonable price in Snohomish County. Allot of places around here that looks like MCDojos and charge up the a**, hard to filter out all the garbage. Does not necessarily need to be a school. A group people/person knowledgeable of the art would be sufficient as long as they're willing to teach.

Thanks.

Style
    Prying Mantis Kung-f, SBD
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why re you interested in Hung Gar?

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Tradition and interest in the art itself. Took MMA/BJJ and found no interest, has no principles, traditions and anything involving art has been completely stripped of it. I do not see it as something one can dedicate their life to mastering.

Style
    all things in Moderation
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Antonb1985 View Post
    Tradition and interest in the art itself. Took MMA/BJJ and found no interest, has no principles, traditions and anything involving art has been completely stripped of it. I do not see it as something one can dedicate their life to mastering.
    Well good luck!

I really don't see you doing well in any environment with such a mindset tho. The whole making things up part of it, not just the sillyness. You see you either tried MMA and/or BJJ (which was it?) and did not want to learn how to fight but instead wanted to break boards and pretend or didn't actually train in either...

Welcome to Bullshido.
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.”
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Quote Originally Posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
    Slamming the man in the bottom position from time to time keeps everybody on their toes and discourages butt scooting stupidity.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey man you're untitled to you opinion but everyone seeks to learn an art simply for the purpose of knocking someones head off. It's fine and all, but that should be the least of reason to learn something. You're free to study whatever you want and if you think mma, wrestling or whatever are end be all fighting methods best of luck to you.

Style
    Kyokushin/BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you want an art full of "tradition", but actually want to learn how to fight, you may enjoy Kyokushin.

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So how long to you think it would take to "master" BJJ ?

I mean, I can imagine how getting into MMA might be a bit discouraging, but BJJ has quite a bit of tradition to it.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey man you're untitled to you opinion but everyone seeks to learn an art simply for the purpose of knocking someones head off. It's fine and all, but that should be the least of reason to learn something. You're free to study whatever you want and if you think mma, wrestling or whatever are end be all fighting methods best of luck to you.
    BJJ is primarily grappling, so no knocking a guys head off there. I can see where MMA might not appeal, really, but BJJ (outside of the context of MMA) has a lot to offer.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Style
    BJJ, FMA
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    LMAO at the no "tradition" in BJJ comment....
    Of the single rapier fight between valiant men, having both skill, he that is the best wrestler, or if neither of them can wrestle, the strongest man most commonly kills the other, or leaves him at his mercy.
    –George Silver, Paradoxes of Defence

Style
    Prying Mantis Kung-f, SBD
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What exactly do you mean by "principles" and "tradition?" Give SPECIFIC examples of what you want to learn.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... Last