Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dragon-punch kept him at bay.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/19/2004 4:08am

Style: I'm Freestylin' it, Baby!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hedge did an awesome job. If anything, he can't be denied props for having balls. Damn good fighting!

__________________________________________________ _________________________________________

"Also, for the record he at least five major cuts on his face, we had a hard time mopping up his blood all over our floor" - Originally posted by shaolindoite
    __________________________________________________ ________________________________________

AND shaolindoite; DUDE, be honest! Hedge had one cut under his eye and a cut on his lip! It only seemed worse cause of the bloody nose!

Props be given that the 2nd guy he fought was good...Hedge also had a bit of a workout with the first match. While a short amount of time was given to recover, it would have been better had he had someone to switch out with.

Baji demigod.

Posted On:
    5/19/2004 5:13am

Join us... or die
     Style: Chinese Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is actually in line with what I have been told by friends of mine who have direct experience with Shaolin Do guys. What I heard about this other guy, 2nd hand, was that despite their having their head up their ass history-wise, MA wise they are not bad. They train ok and some can actually fight.

I think it's really cool the school owner came here and posted. If he happens to drop in again to see what we're saying then he should know that this is maybe the first time anyone has gone and checked out a school like this and actually found people who could fight. Very cool.

*sigh* makes me jealous of you guys having all these opportunities to check out other schools. The irony. I guess the grass really Is always greener. These days, especially as I start to feel that I really am getting some seriously authentic Baji flavor in my moves.....DAMN! I wanna go whup some ass. ..I got that "brown belt syndrome" bad.
    Fighting evil and upholding justice in blue silk pajamas baby!
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=UGaYD_wcaIg

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6Uepo9ahg-M

Bah!!! Puny Humans.

Certified Fitness Trainer

Posted On:
    5/19/2004 5:18am

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Judo, Jujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hedge didn't have ANY visual cuts on his face that I saw. He had a couple marks under his eyes, but they weren't open cuts. He had a small cut on his lip that didn't bleed much. 99% of the blood came from his nose.
    Click To Get My Free Training Newsletter... Do It NOW!

"You all just got fucking owned.";
    "TaeBo_Master and GajusCaesar just scored 10,000,000 points on all you pawns."

- The Wastrel

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/19/2004 5:26am

Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    An excellent write-up, a good discussion and interesting points made.

Props to all concerned.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/19/2004 5:30am

Style: Brazilian JiuJitsu, Wing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Did anyone take pics or just video?

Posted On:
    5/19/2004 5:30am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hedge had trouble closing to clinch because the guy he was fighting had longer reach than him and was really quick. He also seemed to know enough about grappling to at least know that he wants to keep from closing in on a guy. He kept his punching combos short and fast, and then would back up really quick. Hedge was also telling me that without his glasses he had really poor depth perception, so that was part of it. Hedge still should have kept his hands up more, and lured the guy into a takedown. I was telling him to pull back a little, to get the guy to move forward at him, and as soon as the guy moved forward, change levels and shoot in hard for the double leg.

No doubt about it though, Hedge's opponent was good at avoiding getting grappled.

- The Wastrel

Posted On:
    5/19/2004 5:32am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I would have loved to spar these guys, but by the time Hedge finished with the second guy, 45 minutes or more had passed, and egos were starting to flare. While no one was visually pissed off, you could feel the tension in the room. Muchlove did a really good job at diffusing everything and keeping things as friendly as possible. Next time I'm in Austin, I'd like to spar them myself.

- The Wastrel

Posted On:
    5/19/2004 5:33am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh, and Hedge, you should get your face clean and take a quick pic of it to post here, to show that you don't have 5 cuts.

- The Wastrel

Stallowned!

Posted On:
    5/19/2004 5:46am

Style: BJJ/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If the vid is posted in Realplayer format I WILL go ninja on all you motherfuckers.
Page 4 of 84 FirstFirst 1234 56781454 ... LastLast