Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Tsun-Derrorist

Posted On:
    5/19/2004 1:30am

supporting member
     Style: ^_^

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Shaolin-do sparring report (no video...ever)

So me, taebomaster, muchlove and tbm's ex arrive at north SD. We sign waivers.
    Turns out i'm the only one sparring. There are perhaps seven black belts there, all at least second degree (I am an 140 pound, 9 month bjj white belt).
    I won't bore you with details. Straight to the sparring (Rules: no biting).
    The first one was me vs a second degree. We exchange blows on the feet, me getting off more leg kicks and he more punches. He catches one of my kicks, whirls me around. I go to guard, sweep him over and struggle for a foot or leg submission. I can't get enough leverage, so I go to guard again. He tries for GnP, I catch the arm for an armbar.

Second match: Me vs a second degree (fresh). This was signifigantly harder and ended inconclusively, with much wrangling over the rules.
    Although I didn't feel them at the time, now my shoulder is hurting from the axe kicks, and i'm unable to hold my right arm up.
    He consistently out punched me and snapped down my takedowns (I suspect he either prepared extensively beforehand or wrestled) for about ten minutes, though I got in a few leg kicks. I pull guard/start buttscooting when one of the other black belts suddenly runs up to me to stop the fight. Turns out my nose and lip were bloody.

Although I and my opponent express a willingness to keep going, the other black belt says it's unsanitary and dangerous for both of us.
    Fair enough. It's their school, and they have no way of knowing if I have any diseases, and although neither my nose or lip were broken, there would have inevitably been blood mingling if we kept going.
    If it were a vale tudo match, we would have kept going, though the other guy would have been ahead on points.
    I invited them to our open mat and, although they unfortuenately declined, I hope to see them there sometime.

Video forthcoming. EDIT: Video never forthcoming.
    Last edited by Hedgehogey; 8/03/2005 2:08pm at .

"The only important elements in any society
    are the artistic and the criminal,
    because they alone, by questioning the society's values,
    can force it to change."-Samuel R. Delany

RENDERING GELATINOUS WINDMILL OF DICKS

THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST NON-EUCLIDIAN SPLATTERJOUST EVER

It seems that the only people who support anarchy are faggots, who want their pathetic immoral lifestyle accepted by the mainstream society. It wont be so they try to create their own.-Oldman34, friend to all children

Posted On:
    5/19/2004 1:33am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nice.

At some point I guess you want to flaunt the weight difference?
    Have you done MA other than BJJ before? There ain't nothing in your profile.
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Tsun-Derrorist

Posted On:
    5/19/2004 1:36am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Their black belts did.

The weight difference wasn't actually all that big. I think both had twenty pounds on me.

I've done various MA before but muay thai/vo tu do was the only one worth anything.

It seems that the only people who support anarchy are faggots, who want their pathetic immoral lifestyle accepted by the mainstream society. It wont be so they try to create their own.-Oldman34, friend to all children

Fancy a milkshake?

Posted On:
    5/19/2004 1:40am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well done stepping up to the plate and throwing down.
    Would your time frame studying MA be similar to theirs?
    "Pussyhole"

Tsun-Derrorist

Posted On:
    5/19/2004 1:42am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Not in the least. They all were much more experienced than me (that is unless you can get your fourth degree there in a year).

Fancy a milkshake?

Posted On:
    5/19/2004 1:46am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Train hard, go back pwn them even harder.
    "Pussyhole"

Posted On:
    5/19/2004 1:48am

hall of fame
     Style: jits with hits

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Very cool. Any clinch work?
    "I'm offering straight punch, kick while downed to the ribs or head, and of course- the german suplex...which is one suplex quickly followed by another." - Guerilla Fists

Matt Thornton explains "aliveness": http://www.bullshido.com/videos/sbg2.wmv

West Wind Karate / West Wind Bok Fu / West Wind Kung Fu thread
    West Wind Karate / West Wind Bok Fu / West Wind Kung Fu archive thread
    (experiment to see if I can boost the thread's Google rank)

Tsun-Derrorist

Posted On:
    5/19/2004 1:49am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Very little.

Dysfunctionally Strong

Posted On:
    5/19/2004 1:49am

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by Osiris
    So they actually had a bit of skill?
    If 4th Degrees are losing to students of 9 months, you really hafta question it.
    "Emevas,
    You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/19/2004 1:57am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Re: Shaolin-do sparring report

Originally posted by hedgehogey
    So me, taebomaster, muchlove and tbm's ex arrive at north SD. We sign waivers.
    Turns out i'm the only one sparring. There are perhaps seven black belts there, all at least second degree (I am an 150 pound, 9 month bjj white belt).
    I won't bore you with details. Straight to the sparring (Rules: no biting).
    The first one was me vs a fourth degree. We exchange blows on the feet, me getting off more leg kicks and he more punches. He catches one of my kicks, whirls me around. I go to guard, sweep him over and struggle for a foot or leg submission. I can't get enough leverage, so I go to guard again. He tries for GnP, I catch the arm for an armbar.

Second match: Me vs a second degree (fresh). This was signifigantly harder and ended inconclusively, with much wrangling over the rules.
    Although I didn't feel them at the time, now my shoulder is hurting from the axe kicks, and i'm unable to hold my right arm up.
    He consistently out punched me and snapped down my takedowns (I suspect he either prepared extensively beforehand or wrestled) for about ten minutes, though I got in a few leg kicks. I pull guard/start buttscooting when one of the other black belts suddenly runs up to me to stop the fight. Turns out my nose and lip were bloody.
    Although I and my opponent express a willingness to keep going, the other black belt says it's unsanitary and dangerous for both of us.
    Fair enough. It's their school, and they have no way of knowing if I have any diseases, and although neither my nose or lip were broken, there would have inevitably been blood mingling if we kept going.
    If it were a vale tudo match, we would have kept going, though the other guy would have been ahead on points.
    I invited them to our open mat and, although they unfortuenately declined, I hope to see them there sometime.

Video forthcoming.
    Good stuff! :) I've been wondering about these guys for quite some time, I'm glad to hear you actually went down and tried them out. I'm looking forward to the video.
Page 1 of 84 1 23451151 ... LastLast