Page 2 of 11 First 123456 ... Last
    Style
    Jits
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pship Destroyer View Post
    WTF is this? Are you triyng to give us seizures?

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Good ole fashioned boxing has some of the best cardio work in martial arts and as a bonus you learn how to punch.

Style
    street paddleboarding
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There's a CKO a block from my house. They don't even try to keep their hands up.

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DCS View Post
    WTF is this? Are you triyng to give us seizures?
    Not only that, most of that stuff you can do at home. I mean, decline pushups on a bench, man, that is some high-tech training right there. I have my 13 year old son doing that kind of stuff for his IDLA Fitness class.

PShip, I appreciate the sense of irony in your OP...
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Style
    Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kovacs View Post
    Only chicks? No men?
    There are plenty of men in CKO gyms, too. I wasn't looking for feedback on "manliness", "gayness", or "martial arts" aspects of this school, but I get that's how various people try to make lolz.

Pardon me for posting the first video with just women in it...I guess I'm a little gender blind but I wasn't expecting all the gay jokes.

I was just curious if anybody had actually trained in one. These places have a good reputation for cardio/bag workouts. I wanted something cheap, close by to supplement by usual weight training.

So far, nobody here seems to know much about these places in concrete details. I can wait for somebody to post something useful.
    Last edited by Pship Destroyer; 2/28/2017 8:13pm at .

Style
    Judo
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    Good ole fashioned boxing has some of the best cardio work in martial arts and as a bonus you learn how to punch.
    I didn't ask about boxing. I asked about CKO gyms, brah.

Style
    Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    There's a CKO a block from my house. They don't even try to keep their hands up.
    Have you ever trained there or met the staff? I'm looking for practical, useful info on the school/franchises.

Style
    Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ermghoti View Post
    I'd suspect most serious striking gyms have cardio kickboxing/conditioning classes. You can probably join for a reduced rate that just gives you access to that material. You'll get a workout, more reasonable instruction, and be less gay.
    You should explain exactly what you mean by that LOL. I didn't get the "gayness" factor, so maybe that's all you.

Why is CKO instruction "unreasonable"? As far as workout, all the CKO videos show people doing decent workouts.

I don't have any intention of joining a "serious striking gym" or have that option available, anyway. CKO gym...tell me a story, post a serious video discussion, or something. Cheers.
    Last edited by Pship Destroyer; 2/28/2017 8:13pm at .

Style
    Judo
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    Dude...
    Don't be a fag.
    Get your ass on the floor and put a sweaty man between your legs.
    You should also explain the "fag" factor with CKO, and leave BJJ out of this.

What are you some kind of BJJ nutrider?

Style
    all things in Moderation
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pship Destroyer View Post
    You should also explain the "fag" factor with CKO, and leave BJJ out of this.

What are you some kind of BJJ nutrider?
    By fag I mean a useless bundle of sticks useful for burning only.

Seriously, I know you don't want to get hit in your delicate lil nose or check leg kicks and ding up your pretty shapely legs so go do some Judo or BJJ. You will be active and be learning a useful and applicable skill set.

Cardio and kata based versions of martial arts are just ... Trump.
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Quote Originally Posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
    Slamming the man in the bottom position from time to time keeps everybody on their toes and discourages butt scooting stupidity.

Page 2 of 11 First 123456 ... Last