Page 3 of 7 First 1234567 Last
  1. #21

    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    17
    Style
    wrestling
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Trolling? Basic approach to lineage? LOL~

    Yeah, I must admit when it comes to lineage I usually stick to basics! Like a legitimate, qualified, higher ranked BJJ instructor usually promotes you to your next rank. I'm a real fundamentalist I guess. I have no clue what backwater **** kicker of a tournament you speak of, but great way to try and distract from the main and only important fact in this thread, one that no longer ends in dispute. You obviously know Mr. Kasten or you are Mr. Kasten so who awarded him his brown belt? Or tell me more about the Big Apple tourney, whatever floats your boat!

  2. #22

    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    17
    Style
    wrestling
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "I don't know the history you speak of" and also "I know more about this situation then I could ever tell" those two statements completely contradict each other you do realize that?

    And once again "Your basic approach to lineage tells me...." Did you really seriously spew that bullshit as a response? That is exactly what scam artists and these people who self promote say!! **** like that is a gigantic red flag! You have yet to answer where Mr. Kasten received his rank and we now have confirmed directly from the source it was not Maxum! It was not the place that gave him his purple belt, he leaves that school and opens his own now as a brown belt! You can duck, and deflect and but you cannot deny the simple verified fact that Mr. Kasten promoted himself! The only way to do that is to name a different instructor that awarded him his brown belt and from all indications and evidence there is none!

    I have been researching phony bjj instructors and apparently there was a man named Matt Barvo that claimed a false black belt and was so successful he even fooled Checkmat and received a temporary affiliation from them!! You know what his response was when Checkmat originally approached him? "Those are just other local schools that are jealous we beat them at competitions!"

    It's like every line you said is straight out of the "fake your lineage" playbook! Talk about "basic approach to lineage" and "other schools are jealous" when the simple fact is you or your instructor (whichever you are) were caught in a lie. You should either post the elusive proof of a brown belt ranking or apologize and admit you were wrong. The community would be much more sympathetic to someone who can own up to a mistake, as opposed to continuing to run from the truth or justify these shady practices.

  3. #23

    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    7
    Style
    BJJ, Kempo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    whatever DUDE!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by alchemyfrauds View Post
    "I don't know the history you speak of" and also "I know more about this situation then I could ever tell" those two statements completely contradict each other you do realize that?

    And once again "Your basic approach to lineage tells me...." Did you really seriously spew that bullshit as a response? That is exactly what scam artists and these people who self promote say!! **** like that is a gigantic red flag! You have yet to answer where Mr. Kasten received his rank and we now have confirmed directly from the source it was not Maxum! It was not the place that gave him his purple belt, he leaves that school and opens his own now as a brown belt! You can duck, and deflect and but you cannot deny the simple verified fact that Mr. Kasten promoted himself! The only way to do that is to name a different instructor that awarded him his brown belt and from all indications and evidence there is none!

    I have been researching phony bjj instructors and apparently there was a man named Matt Barvo that claimed a false black belt and was so successful he even fooled Checkmat and received a temporary affiliation from them!! You know what his response was when Checkmat originally approached him? "Those are just other local schools that are jealous we beat them at competitions!"

    It's like every line you said is straight out of the "fake your lineage" playbook! Talk about "basic approach to lineage" and "other schools are jealous" when the simple fact is you or your instructor (whichever you are) were caught in a lie. You should either post the elusive proof of a brown belt ranking or apologize and admit you were wrong. The community would be much more sympathetic to someone who can own up to a mistake, as opposed to continuing to run from the truth or justify these shady practices.

    lol, ok,,I admit...your crazy and obviously obsessed. I do not know if he promoted himself but I do know the school and it is highly creditable. As stated before if you are that local please come by and roll anytime. I would ask that you remain respectful at a minimum. That would be the BJJ way (at least from what I've been taught....by Steve). As far as your statements regarding him opening a school???? Not correct, that school has been in the same location for 20 years. It has changed hands a few times but has a strong base of dedicated individuals that practice many martial arts. They have been training in Kempo and MMA for the majority of the time until recently. All i know is that these are great people and great schools and not sure what your trying to prove by discrediting Steve. If you are concerned he has mislead his students then let me reassure you of a few things.
    1, since he is my professor I would never ask him or approach the subject as that would be disrespectful.
    2, I know he trained and competed a Maxim for many years.
    3, I have seen him roll with all the locals (brown and higher) and he is a force to be reckoned with. (maybe the best locally??)
    4, I have seen him roll and win many tournaments at brown or higher.....with my own eyes.
    5, He is very talented martial artist over all and a great person and instructor
    6, Contradiction statements you refer (Above), mean...who the hell are you and why does anyone have to prove anything to you.....who are you anyway? Troller, that is who

    So, in Summary, even if you are correct it doesn't matter to me or anyone close to the school because we are a family and his skill set if on fire. I will keep an eye out for any clues to your claim but ultimately it would be a waist of time. My question to you is why do you care so much? That is why i made the comments about the tournament, because based on your comments alone that everyone in the community knows already, why the investigation, why the need to bash or prove another practitioner wrong? Not sure what your motives are but lets assume your correct.......it obviously means nothing to the "local community" that already know based on your statements. It would mean nothing to any students who train under him (me). It seems your upset based off of Sh*t you've seen on you-tube about "Storming the dojo". We have all seen it and most of them are funny because the guy is a fraud and doesn't roll or will not roll. That is not the case here homie, we live to roll. And im done with this convo so peace out forever, or see you on the matts (maybe).........OSS!!

  4. #24

    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    7
    Style
    BJJ, Kempo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    blaa, blaaa, blaa

    Quote Originally Posted by alchemyfrauds View Post
    Trolling? Basic approach to lineage? LOL~

    Yeah, I must admit when it comes to lineage I usually stick to basics! Like a legitimate, qualified, higher ranked BJJ instructor usually promotes you to your next rank. I'm a real fundamentalist I guess. I have no clue what backwater **** kicker of a tournament you speak of, but great way to try and distract from the main and only important fact in this thread, one that no longer ends in dispute. You obviously know Mr. Kasten or you are Mr. Kasten so who awarded him his brown belt? Or tell me more about the Big Apple tourney, whatever floats your boat!

    trolling.........yes 100%. You are a troll. You admitted everyone locally knew and now your doing a secret (anonymous) investigation......sounds dumb because it is dumb.

    basic approach to lineage.......yes 100%. People move schools more than they should. Sometimes this causes issues but mostly because someone is butt hurt. I dont know your accusation to be true but I have seen the guy roll 1000 times and he is defiantly a Brown belt if not black. But I mean that literally, like on the mat literately. You care more about the cult then the ability i guess ====basic approach to lineage.

    Honestly, he is so talented in his ability to teach and roll I am proud to have received my belt from him......Proud to be part of his lineage!!!

  5. #25

    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    17
    Style
    wrestling
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I hope everyone can see that exact response and realize this case is closed. Why do I care? If you have to ask yourself that question then you don't belong training in any martial art period. It takes a lifetime of sacrifice and dedication to wrap that black belt around your waist. There are no shortcuts, no cutting the line, this is a thing of honor and respect. You do not get to skip to a rank because you decide you deserve to be there.

    Why don't you ask the creators of this forum, and the people that have done some of the finest martial arts fraud investigations on this site why they care. You have a lot to learn about humility "homie." I have no ulterior motive beyond what I have represented since my first post.

  6. #26

    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    17
    Style
    wrestling
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Shedding light on your instructor self promoting doesn't make me a troll. Around these parts it makes me a concerned martial artist trying to do their part. There is nothing you can say to change what we now know is a fact. I'm glad you are proud of your rank under him, good luck trying to compete under that banner in the worlds. The IBJJF only certifies schools that are run by LEGIT black belts. I'm glad things are going good over there though, it seems you guys have everything but the legitimacy.

  7. #27
    ermghoti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    OW, MY KNEE
    Posts
    4,647
    Style
    BJJ+Sanda
    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alchemyrealdeal View Post
    I do not know if he promoted himself
    Then you have nothing to contribute to this thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Alchemyrealdeal View Post
    1, since he is my professor I would never ask him or approach the subject as that would be disrespectful.
    There is absolutely nothing, ever, disrespectful about asking someone to show you their qualifications before employing them. If I ask a doctor where he graduated from, and he went on a rant, I would leave his office and never return. Similarly, if a BJJ instructor can't or won't say who belted him, he doesn't have legitimate rank.
    "Systema, which means, 'the system'..."

    Quote Originally Posted by strikistanian View Post
    DROP SEIONAGI ************! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil
    Why is it so goddamn hard to find a video of it? I've seen videos I'm pretty sure are alien spacecraft. But still no good Krav.
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasma
    At the point, I must act! You see my rashguard saids "Jiu Jitsu vs The World" and "The World" was standing in front me teaching Anti-Grappling in a school I help run.
    [quote=SoulMechanic]Thank you, not dying really rewarding in more ways than I can express.[/[quote]

  8. #28
    Raycetpfl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Tampa Fl
    Posts
    5,523
    Style
    Gracie Jiu Jitsu
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alchemyrealdeal View Post
    lol, ok,,I admit...your crazy and obviously obsessed. I do not know if he promoted himself but I do know the school and it is highly creditable. As stated before if you are that local please come by and roll anytime. I would ask that you remain respectful at a minimum. That would be the BJJ way (at least from what I've been taught....by Steve). As far as your statements regarding him opening a school???? Not correct, that school has been in the same location for 20 years. It has changed hands a few times but has a strong base of dedicated individuals that practice many martial arts. They have been training in Kempo and MMA for the majority of the time until recently. All i know is that these are great people and great schools and not sure what your trying to prove by discrediting Steve. If you are concerned he has mislead his students then let me reassure you of a few things.
    1, since he is my professor I would never ask him or approach the subject as that would be disrespectful.
    2, I know he trained and competed a Maxim for many years.
    3, I have seen him roll with all the locals (brown and higher) and he is a force to be reckoned with. (maybe the best locally??)
    4, I have seen him roll and win many tournaments at brown or higher.....with my own eyes.
    5, He is very talented martial artist over all and a great person and instructor
    6, Contradiction statements you refer (Above), mean...who the hell are you and why does anyone have to prove anything to you.....who are you anyway? Troller, that is who

    So, in Summary, even if you are correct it doesn't matter to me or anyone close to the school because we are a family and his skill set if on fire. I will keep an eye out for any clues to your claim but ultimately it would be a waist of time. My question to you is why do you care so much? That is why i made the comments about the tournament, because based on your comments alone that everyone in the community knows already, why the investigation, why the need to bash or prove another practitioner wrong? Not sure what your motives are but lets assume your correct.......it obviously means nothing to the "local community" that already know based on your statements. It would mean nothing to any students who train under him (me). It seems your upset based off of Sh*t you've seen on you-tube about "Storming the dojo". We have all seen it and most of them are funny because the guy is a fraud and doesn't roll or will not roll. That is not the case here homie, we live to roll. And im done with this convo so peace out forever, or see you on the matts (maybe).........OSS!!
    By wearing a brown belt with a BJJ rank bar that was not awarded to him from a black belt he's misleading paying customers. Also brown belts can not issue rank. This means his students can not earn legitimate BJJ rank. For some people this is important because they would like to compete in tournaments that make you verify rank.

    My recommendation to anyone who is skilled in BJJ and would like to further their development and rank us that they work with a black belt second degree. This so that they can one day receive a legitimate black belt. It's not hard to find legitimate teachers to work under.

    Working under fake credentials in any field is a horrible idea. It's an even worse idea for people who are actually skill in those fields. Why not just work under your legitimate credentials and work on ranking up through somebody you get along better with?

    Self ranking is a silly thing to do and people always get caught in BJJ.

  9. #29
    ermghoti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    OW, MY KNEE
    Posts
    4,647
    Style
    BJJ+Sanda
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by alchemyfrauds View Post
    I hope everyone can see that exact response and realize this case is closed.
    Before you take a victory lap, a guy saying "I heard he promoted himself" isn't proof. You have still yet to establish who he claims promoted him, or that he refuses to answer the question.
    "Systema, which means, 'the system'..."

    Quote Originally Posted by strikistanian View Post
    DROP SEIONAGI ************! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil
    Why is it so goddamn hard to find a video of it? I've seen videos I'm pretty sure are alien spacecraft. But still no good Krav.
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasma
    At the point, I must act! You see my rashguard saids "Jiu Jitsu vs The World" and "The World" was standing in front me teaching Anti-Grappling in a school I help run.
    [quote=SoulMechanic]Thank you, not dying really rewarding in more ways than I can express.[/[quote]

  10. #30

    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    17
    Style
    wrestling
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Na unfortunately for him this is the victory lap. The "one guy" was his former instructor which directly preceded him teaching at this Alchemy place. He left a purple and was magically wearing a brown directly thereafter. After being personally invited with said proof provided in the form of the email chain from his old school to come to this forum and defend his credentials, he has chosen to remain silent. All we have heard comes from "Alchemy Student" which is probably Steve himself. Smart money says it is anyway.

    His goose is cooked. I think I will run around the track for another.

Page 3 of 7 First 1234567 Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in