Page 2 of 7 First 123456 ... Last

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wouldn't this be resolved fairly easily by calling him and asking him and then asking whoever gave him his belt if they did indeed do so?

Crazy, I know, but seems like this should be dealt with in private first before dragging in the internet goon squad.

Style
    Pramek/Sambo/BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawarma View Post
    Wouldn't this be resolved fairly easily by calling him and asking him and then asking whoever gave him his belt if they did indeed do so?

Crazy, I know, but seems like this should be dealt with in private first before dragging in the internet goon squad.
    I know this is a minor derail, but when was the last time that you saw an actual investigation happen here? Most of what I've seen in recent months have been essentially drive by defamations by people with beef with little to no actual evidence to back up anything that they say. It is to the point that when ever I see the little "new" marker light up next to this forum I instinctively roll my eyes fair certain it is going to be something like this. It wouldn't be quite so bad if there weren't a bunch of stickies and read mes spelling out how to use this particular subforum.

Style
    wrestling
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Tzadok View Post
    I know this is a minor derail, but when was the last time that you saw an actual investigation happen here? Most of what I've seen in recent months have been essentially drive by defamations by people with beef with little to no actual evidence to back up anything that they say. It is to the point that when ever I see the little "new" marker light up next to this forum I instinctively roll my eyes fair certain it is going to be something like this. It wouldn't be quite so bad if there weren't a bunch of stickies and read mes spelling out how to use this particular subforum.
    I have heard from upper ranks within the school that gave him his last rank (purple). I tried to call that school today (Maxum) and nobody answered. So I guess once i get someone within the school to verify what dozens of people and myself already know, I will post it on here.

Style
    wrestling
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think there is a disconnect somewhere and people are not understanding what I am saying exactly. I have no axe to grind, just have never heard of someone faking rank in Long Island before. The jury is already out on this kid, but I will take the steps to backup exactly what I already know. (from multiple sources inside his school and out) If someone knows how please save the webpage showing his rank because odds are once they get wind of this, they are going to pull it.

solves problems with violence supporting member
    Style
    Judo, Hung Family Boxing
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by alchemyfrauds View Post
    I think there is a disconnect somewhere and people are not understanding what I am saying exactly.
    the only disconnect is that you seem unclear about what does and doesn't constitute "fraud" and "proof". people have referenced the stickies in this forum, have you read them? is anything in those stickies unclear about what does and doesn't constitute a proper MABS post?
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Style
    xingyi
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by alchemyfrauds View Post
    I think there is a disconnect somewhere and people are not understanding what I am saying exactly. I have no axe to grind, just have never heard of someone faking rank in Long Island before. The jury is already out on this kid, but I will take the steps to backup exactly what I already know. (from multiple sources inside his school and out) If someone knows how please save the webpage showing his rank because odds are once they get wind of this, they are going to pull it.
    We understand EXACTLY what you said, the disconnect isn't from this website. People have been highly cordial with you. You have YET to prove he is "faking Rank". Everything you have stated is second and third hand information based on "a close knit bjj community."
    You might be right, but to post in this forum and call someone a fraud YOU MUST PROVIDE PROOF. It is not for me or anyone else to do the Job for you. Someone even helped you out by showing, he has competition records through Purple Belt. Honestly, why would 6+ years, we do not know how long he trained before he competed, seem weird to be a Brown Belt?

Style
    BJJ, MMA
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here's a little more help to get you on your way OP.

A quick perusal of the photo albums (including the December 2015 grading) on Maxum BJJ's FB page was devoid of Mr. Kasten after June 2015.

I contacted Maxum BJJ through their website and received the following (albeit brief) response:

The guy left the gym as a purple belt and from what I heard promoted himself not to say that he wasn't a talented Bjj practitioner but as a person has a lot to be desired
    I have sent an invitation for Mr Kasten to comment on this thread via the e-mail provided on the website.

Image of the e-mail chain for posterity:
    Dum spiro, spero.
    Tada gan iarracht.

Style
    BJJ, Kempo
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

@achemyfrauds

First and foremost Alchemy is not a fraud. It is great environment with great people. I do not know of the history you speak of but I do know Steve is the best instructor I have ever seen (not to mention his Jiu Jitsu). Based on your poor research and the timing of your comments I can only assume you lost at the last tournament (Feb 4th). I am pretty sure Alchemy represented itself well, in practice and in character. I know I am new to this forum and my comments hold little value but so do yours. Your attempt to defame anyone this way is a sign of poor character. I know more about this situation then anyone could ever spell out for you but I will not justify or explain to anyone who is irrelevant. What makes you irrelevant is your choice of words and tactics. If you were a true BJJ practitioner you would have honor and respect, you would approach this subject with evidence and not inquiries. Feel free to come to the school anytime and learn what its really like and what Steve is really about. The world is a complicated place and your basic approach to BJJ linage and trolling is not necessary. Peace, Love, Jiu Jitsue!!!

Style
    wrestling
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thank you Dan! I didn't email them I only called but this is even better! My guess is Mr. Kasten won't come anywhere near this thread because after hearing from his instructor, there is no plausible deniability now. He would have to name a different black belt instructor that promoted him, which from all indications does not exist! Job well done.

Style
    all things in Moderation
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alchemyrealdeal View Post
    First and foremost Alchemy is not a fraud. It is great environment with great people. I do not know of the history you speak of but I do know Steve is the best instructor I have ever seen (not to mention his Jiu Jitsu). Based on your poor research and the timing of your comments I can only assume you lost at the last tournament (Feb 4th). I am pretty sure Alchemy represented itself well, in practice and in character. I know I am new to this forum and my comments hold little value but so do yours. Your attempt to defame anyone this way is a sign of poor character. I know more about this situation then anyone could ever spell out for you but I will not justify or explain to anyone who is irrelevant. What makes you irrelevant is your choice of words and tactics. If you were a true BJJ practitioner you would have honor and respect, you would approach this subject with evidence and not inquiries. Feel free to come to the school anytime and learn what its really like and what Steve is really about. The world is a complicated place and your basic approach to BJJ linage and trolling is not necessary. Peace, Love, Jiu Jitsue!!!
    Sorry for the delay, your post got swept up in the approval queue.
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Quote Originally Posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
    Slamming the man in the bottom position from time to time keeps everybody on their toes and discourages butt scooting stupidity.

Page 2 of 7 First 123456 ... Last