Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12 3456 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/18/2004 8:04pm

Style: JKDC

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    learn kali/escrima/pengamut/silat/etc and carry two rattan canes with you everywhere you go. wherever they can carry a bat you should for the most part be able to carry a stick.

if you still think you're in deep ****, back up like 10 ft., chuck the sticks at his face and cry like a pansy.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/18/2004 8:20pm

Style: Sanshou/Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Turn invisible, and choke them out.

Either that, or just throw your show at them as a distraction. And then when they swing at it, close in the gap, and smack them a couple of times.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/18/2004 9:35pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    wait for the attacker to swing through and then close... you may wear a strike but hopefully you'll be inside his power arc by then.

Chemist

Posted On:
    5/18/2004 9:52pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    gojujkddude is right, that's what we do, generally we either get off the line and get inside fast to get before the bat and inside the strike, attacking the center of our opponent (ie punch him in the face) OR we back out of range of the strike and enter and attack right as it swings by using the force of the swing to offbalance the attacker, It's good that you're practicing with a dummy bat, it puts you way ahead, you've probably come to realize though that it's hard and takes lots of practice
    "Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration." -A. Lincoln

Vote your conscience.... Vote Libertarian!
  5. 9chambers

Posted On:
    5/18/2004 9:56pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was attacked with a bat once. The guy swung low and I caught it as it hit my body, kind of breaking it's momentum with my hands and turning to absorb the impact. It still whacked me pretty good though. Then I yanked on the bat for leverage, climbed up the guy's arms and got him in a choke. I used the choke to take him down. He was dazed when I let go because people were stepping in to split us up.

What I do in practice is just close the distance, if you are too close he can't use the bat. Grabbing the bat is good, kicking or striking his hands can make him legt go of it once you've grabbed it. If he swings at your head get your head under your shoulders and duck. After a hard swing that misses he is vulnerable to an attack to his body. If you can, grab for the bat up close to his grip or grab his arm. If you can grab his arm then you can tug it and get yourself close for a strike or grappling. -- This is all assuming that he is swinging it like a bat and not using it like a staff.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/18/2004 10:58pm

Style: Five Animal Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What 9 chambers said.

When someone swings a blunt object at you the best thing to do is close the gap before they start swinging (wind-up) or after they're done (recovery).

When that bat's in motion, get away from it! Let them swing and miss, then do whatever. (Takedowns, strikes, etc.) Grabbing the bat is a really good idea too. Take it from them.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    5/18/2004 11:23pm

supporting member
     Style: Kudo / Kyokushin / FFS

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Bridge the gap, get inside fast and use what ever necessary to subdue your attacker.

:)
    "All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us...they can't get away this time"
    - Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller, USMC

This forum is getting downright retarded.
    - Osiris

Posted On:
    5/19/2004 12:51am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Excellent, same ideas as what was taught in my first WC school.

Haven't done bat defense since then though, over 2 years hahaha!
    I'm thinking, grab step in, hopefully unbalance, then stomp the knees.
    I ain't playing, this is a serious possibility, so I'm keeping all my bases covered.
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Unexpected Elbow

Posted On:
    5/19/2004 2:22am

Join us... or die
     Style: MMA/Pankration

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Make a lightsabre.
    "The depressing thing about tennis is that no matter how good I get, I'll never be as good as a wall." - Mitch Hedberg

El Guapo says dance!

Posted On:
    5/19/2004 2:57am

hall of fame
     Style: jits with hits

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by PizDoff
    I ain't playing, this is a serious possibility, so I'm keeping all my bases covered.
    Stop picking fights with baseball players. Mess with the ping-pong team instead.
    "I'm offering straight punch, kick while downed to the ribs or head, and of course- the german suplex...which is one suplex quickly followed by another." - Guerilla Fists

Matt Thornton explains "aliveness": http://www.bullshido.com/videos/sbg2.wmv

West Wind Karate / West Wind Bok Fu / West Wind Kung Fu thread
    West Wind Karate / West Wind Bok Fu / West Wind Kung Fu archive thread
    (experiment to see if I can boost the thread's Google rank)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12 3456 LastLast