Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... Last
    Style
    Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

The "caliber" wars

**** it, let's do this. Use this thread to talk about what you think is best, worst, and everything in between. Rifle, pistol, rimfire, grenade, harpoon, etc. Go for it.
    "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i'll move this here so i don't continue to derail the p320 thread:

i tried out a G22 (.40) today and it felt like i was shooting a 9mm. i really feel like a G31 is in my near(ish, maybe) future. if it's good enough for the virginia state police...lol

i really want to get ma dukes squared away first. we were talking about that yesterday and she actually really wants a pistol and her concealed carry. this surprised me because she's always been against guns in the house, so i'm pleased with her turn of heart and want to get her straightened out. i'm gonna take her this week or next to try on guns. she's a tiny thing, no clue how i came out of her. i'm thinking a G26 might do her fine.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    and here's my latest for the home:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rsz_20170128_155056.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	11.6 KB 
ID:	17266

mossberg maverick 88 12ga. think i'm gonna keep these handy.

not entirely sure how i feel about a shotgun for home protection. my dad swears by it and i've always wanted one just because they destroy ****, so why not have it laying around just in case.

solves problems with violence supporting member
    Style
    Judo, Hung Family Boxing
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
    not entirely sure how i feel about a shotgun for home protection. my dad swears by it and i've always wanted one just because they destroy ****, so why not have it laying around just in case.
    it really depends on the construction of your home, and how close any neighbors are. 12 gauge slugs and buckshot can penetrate a lot of sheetrock.
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    50 calibur for both pistols and rifles.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist View Post
    it really depends on the construction of your home, and how close any neighbors are. 12 gauge slugs and buckshot can penetrate a lot of sheetrock.
    i can't remember what slug he advised using. how close do you think i'd have to be to start worrying about fragments flying into my neighbors house?

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    50 calibur for both pistols and rifles.
    your opinion is wrong.

5.56 for rifles. i imagine i'd be choosing between a .40 and .357 sig for pistols.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
    your opinion is wrong.

5.56 for rifles. i imagine i'd be choosing between a .40 and .357 sig for pistols.
    5.56 is for toys, and .40 is just for people who can't choose between 9 or .45.

Style
    Kyokushin/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    10mm auto best handgat blat blat.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    lol uh huuuhh. have you ever shot a .50? i imagine that would not be fun to shoot from a pistol.

Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... Last