1. #501
    DCS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    6,496
    Style
    Jits
    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Tzadok View Post
    Here is a question which I don't see anyone asking. Why can't Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, the UAE ect absorb any of these refugees?
    Why should they? If western countries are giving asylum to a shitload fo Syrians, Libyans, Somalians... there will be less ethnic cleansing, which takes time and money, needed when wahabbists take full control of their countries.

  2. #502
    Bneterasedmynam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    4,637
    3
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Tzadok View Post
    Lack of prior attack or criminal activity does not guarantee lack of future said activity. Especially lacking proper and appropriate assimilation into American society and culture. Honestly I fail to see how Trump's ban is different from Carter's or Obama's.
    Now regarding this quote:

    Aside from cherry picking statistics, that simply is not true. Here are some quick ones that I've found
    Abdul Rahman Yasin- Iraqi immigrant- co-conspirator 1993 World Trade Center Bombing
    Abdul Razak Ali Artan- Somali refugee- 2016 Ohio State University Attack.

    While I don't think a ban is the answer, especially one wherein only one people group is blocked, as it is easy enough for terrorists to pose as an acceptable people group. I do think a review of the vetting process and assimilation infrastructure is more than in order. Otherwise the US runs the very real risk of hitting the same problems that now plague the UK and Europe, which the BBC has so well documented.



    Humanitarian catastrophe? Hyperbole much? A 90 day ban is hardly a humanitarian catastrophe.

    Here is a question which I don't see anyone asking. Why can't Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, the UAE ect absorb any of these refugees?

    Yes I'm one of those people who are worried that Muslim refugees will not be content to assimilate into a multi-cultural system, but will rather seek to game the system to establish an Islamic system. Not because fake right wing news sources are claiming it will happen, but because the BBC has documented it happening in England:

    Unfortunately I have to grudgingly agree with you on this point. I mean it's horrible and everything that some people have shitty countries, but it's hardly our responsibility to fix problems that they could have fixed if they weren't busy throwing acid on women. If Europe is any indication the refugees don't want to conform to the societies they move to, but rather demand that those societies bend to their will. I say **** that bullshit.

  3. #503
    DCS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    6,496
    Style
    Jits
    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    If Europe is any indication the refugees don't want to conform to the societies they move to, but rather demand that those societies bend to their will. I say **** that bullshit.
    People causing trouble in Europe are usually immigrants from former european colonies not refugees.

  4. #504
    Michael Tzadok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Jerusalem
    Posts
    1,277
    Style
    Pramek/Sambo/BJJ
    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    Thank you, I hate being ignorant. I think the problem may just be people named Abdul based on the available info.
    But seriously... I had somehow missed (one hundred percent missed) the Ohio State attack, based on the dates it was when I was in the hospital.
    You are very welcome. I respect Vox, but they clearly missed it. Still the majority of Islamic terrorist attacks on the US Homeland were actually carried out by Saudis, Egyptians and Pakistanis. None of which were hit by a travel ban. So the ban is of questionable usefulness.


    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    I think it is different because the people behind it openly said and planned it to be different. Intention does matter.
    That is a fair point. I can agree with that.

    Quote Originally Posted by DCS View Post
    Why should they? If western countries are giving asylum to a shitload fo Syrians, Libyans, Somalians... there will be less ethnic cleansing, which takes time and money, needed when wahabbists take full control of their countries.
    When? Prove to me that the royal house of Saud isn't just a whitewash on a backward theocracy. I think the best argument you could make is that they double dip.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    Unfortunately I have to grudgingly agree with you on this point. I mean it's horrible and everything that some people have shitty countries, but it's hardly our responsibility to fix problems that they could have fixed if they weren't busy throwing acid on women. If Europe is any indication the refugees don't want to conform to the societies they move to, but rather demand that those societies bend to their will. I say **** that bullshit.
    Well see my solution would be to allow all the immigrants and refugees in, but watch them like a hawk. As soon as they started acting like the asshats they were running away from, I would ship them straight back to the home they want to recreate within US borders. Personally I'm a big fan of liberal democracies, and I have an absolute phobia of theocracies. I find it absolutely nuts that the immigrants and refugees in Europe want to recreate the same crappy systems they fled in their adopted countries. It's like the battered wife that goes back to her abusive husband thinking it is going to be different this time. Admittedly I have a bit more patience with the Jewish and Christian nutters that want to set up theocracies, but that is because their own are so far in the past they don't remember how bad they were.

  5. #505
    Michael Tzadok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Jerusalem
    Posts
    1,277
    Style
    Pramek/Sambo/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DCS View Post
    People causing trouble in Europe are usually immigrants from former european colonies not refugees.
    Isn't most of the Middle East and Africa former European colonies? Not sure I follow the distinction you are trying to make.

  6. #506
    Wounded Ronin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    7,357
    Style
    German longsword, .45 ACP
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sweats View Post
    May I borrow this language for a similar letter?
    Of course! But please paraphrase so they don't think it's some kind of form letter from the ACLU or something. I think it's more effective if each message is worded somewhat differently.
    Best Vietnam War music video I've ever seen put together by a vet: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDY8raKsdfg

  7. #507
    DCS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    6,496
    Style
    Jits
    4
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I mean asylum seekers from war revaged countries are not, for the most part, the ones commiting crimes or trying to make Sharia the law of the land around here. The economy driven immigrants from Morocco, Algeria, Pakistan, etc. are; and the 2nd/3rd banlieue-ghetto risen generation are the worst.

  8. #508
    Michael Tzadok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Jerusalem
    Posts
    1,277
    Style
    Pramek/Sambo/BJJ
    4
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DCS View Post
    I mean asylum seekers from war revaged countries are not, for the most part, the ones commiting crimes or trying to make Sharia the law of the land around here. The economy driven immigrants from Morocco, Algeria, Pakistan, etc. are; and the 2nd/3rd banlieue-ghetto risen generation are the worst.
    Which is my reason for saying allow all immigrants and deport the trouble makers. You want a liberal democracy? Welcome. You want to make a new theocracy? GTFO.

  9. #509
    DCS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    6,496
    Style
    Jits
    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    But if you get rid of the trouble makers you cant pit native working class members against foreign working class members for rapin' our wimmins and stealing our burger flipping jobs.

    That would be bad for business.

  10. #510
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    16,592
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Tzadok View Post
    Which is my reason for saying allow all immigrants and deport the trouble makers. You want a liberal democracy? Welcome. You want to make a new theocracy? GTFO.
    I think that in the USA at least, you would have huge legal problems deporting "trouble makers" once they get any sort of permanent status.

    I can already imagine the cries of religious and racial discrimination from the ACLU et al..
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in