Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pship Destroyer View Post
    Na, if Putin had access to magic we'd already be dead.

What he does have access to is scarier than anything J.K. Rowling is capable of writing.
    I don't know, that Whomping Willow is pretty scary...
    https://youtu.be/85A__OIBxx8?t=43s
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Style
    Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kovacs View Post
    The West needs to leave Afghan. To truly rid the country of terrosism in all it's forms the country will need be to be thoroughly conquered and rebuilt with an entire infrastructure and to have its social, political and economic bodies rebuilt from the ground up. This would take decades, would have a huge body count and the cost would be crippling for anyone involved. Plus to gain any sort of lasting victory against the myriad terrorist/insurgent/criminal elements there; Pakistan would have to be taken to task and that wouldn't be pretty.

And for what? To bring western ideals to a country that doesn't understand or actually need them?

After all this time, money and dead bodies Kabul is marginally less ****, the rest of the county is the same or even worse. It's a bottomless pit that Trump's wasting his time with and everyone's else's money and lives with. Going there initially was a symbolic revenge attack for 9/11 and utterly just, it had to happen and rightly so but the politicians and military elite's led the West's public on a merry dance that had an end goal. What a fucking joke.

As the Taliban always said 'You've got the watches, we've got the time'.
    Hmm I have a disagree that Afghanistan doesn't need or understand quite a few "Western" ideals (is not wanting acid thrown in your face for going to school a "Western" ideal?)...or that the "West" needs to leave because then you basically you'd be giving it over to groups as bad or worse than ISIS.

I don't know if allowing any state to fail like you're advocating is a good idea for the rest of the world. The outcome is typically piracy, terrorism, crime, and death on a massive scale. Iraq proved that wherever the "West" pulls out...terrorists and murderers rush there.

The quote from "The Warrior Ethos" is great, but also bullshit. The Taliban's days are numbered, with NATO support. If you read the numbers I posted, literacy and education in Afghanistan is skyrocketing. There's been a 1000% increase in the number of women educated in Afghanistan since the US intervention.

You'd vote to stop this trend, and hand everything built so far over to violent hordes? For what? ISIS would destroy everything Afghanistan has built in a handful of years paid for with blood, as quickly as they blew up millennia-old artifacts.
    Last edited by Pship Destroyer; 8/22/2017 6:45pm at .

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hmm I have a disagree that Afghanistan doesn't need or understand quite a few "Western" ideals (is not wanting acid thrown in your face for going to school a "Western" ideal?)...or that the "West" needs to leave because then you basically you'd be giving it over to groups as bad or worse than ISIS.

I don't know if allowing any state to fail like you're advocating is a good idea for the rest of the world. The outcome is typically piracy, terrorism, crime, and death on a massive scale. Iraq proved that wherever the "West" pulls out...terrorists and murderers rush there.

The quote from "The Warrior Ethos" is great, but also bullshit. The Taliban's days are numbered, with NATO support. If you read the numbers I posted, literacy and education in Afghanistan is skyrocketing. There's been a 1000% increase in the number of women educated in Afghanistan since the US intervention.

You'd vote to stop this trend, and hand everything built so far over to violent hordes? For what? ISIS would destroy everything Afghanistan has built in a handful of years paid for with blood, as quickly as they blew up millennia-old artifacts.
    I wonder what N.O.W policy position is on Afghanistan?
    Hmmm, at least they are paying attention...
    http://now.org/blog/women-s-rights-t...f-afghanistan/

http://www.msmagazine.com/summer2006/crude_full.asp
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Style
    Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    I wonder what N.O.W policy position is on Afghanistan?
    Hmmm, at least they are paying attention...
    http://now.org/blog/women-s-rights-t...f-afghanistan/

http://www.msmagazine.com/summer2006/crude_full.asp
    It gives new meaning to "suffrage", doesn't it.

If my tax dollars need to go to protecting foreign girls from getting acid thrown in their face for wanting to learn (stuff about Western values)...just take it.

It's much better than paying for this "Trumpian" type of "winning". Yes, I know she said she was sorry. She had to, she's an actress, she wants work.

The glamour is a lie.

Style
    Pramek/Sambo/BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I know this comes from Fox news, so I'm skeptical about its accuracy,
    http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...rals-name.html
    has a Confederate general's name
    Published August 22, 2017 Fox News

NOW PLAYING
    ESPN pulls announcer named Robert Lee from game
    Close
    In the wake of the events in Charlottesville, Va., ESPN decided to pull one of its announcers from calling a University of Virginia football game -- because his name is Robert Lee.

Lee, an Asian-American sportscaster who started with the network in 2016, was moved to a different game "simply because of the coincidence of his name," ESPN said, referencing the Confederate general Robert E. Lee.
    If true, this type of stupidity is definitely not helping the situation at all.

Style
    Pramek/Sambo/BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The Taliban's days are numbered, with NATO support. If you read the numbers I posted, literacy and education in Afghanistan is skyrocketing. There's been a 1000% increase in the number of women educated in Afghanistan since the US intervention.

When in history has an outside army ever defeated a grass roots insurgency?

Now you may think that this will be the first, but I highly doubt it. It really isn't the Taliban you have to worry about, it is the tribals, people who do not want a change in their way of life, and who will join with the Taliban or ISIS or whoever will fight the foreign corruptors who are trying to change their way of life. Sure now that the Taliban is out of power women's literacy is skyrocketing, in urban areas. It still hasn't hit pre-Afghan-Soviet war levels, so that is something to think about. Even then it was only the Urban areas that were affected but said "progress."
    Unless the US wants to colonize and annex Afghanistan eventually you have to give the country back to the people, and the vast majority of those people don't want the "progress" that you are trying to give them. In fact they resent it as they feel that you are attacking the core values of their religion in a deliberate attempt to proselytize them to another religion.
    Like it or not Western Civilization and Western democracy are the outflow of thousands of years of development of Western philosophy and religion. You are falling victim to the same issues as Seven Pinker when he wrote The Better Angels of our Nature and frankly the same criticisms that applied to him apply to your idealism here.