LOL !!

Middleweight

Posted On:
    5/21/2004 9:49am

supporting member
     Style: 5AF & Sub Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    go to iron mind they make specialized gripping tools that will make your hands wrist and forearms get really strong really fast.

link:

http://www.ironmind.com

Posted On:
    5/21/2004 10:22am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow, what good advice, I wonder if it has been mentioned yet on this thread??!?!
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/21/2004 9:54pm

Style: WMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That ulnar and radial deviation stuff is very good.

You can do a set of wrist curls, then from the extended position, slowly relax your grip but stop before the bar falls out of your hand, then up again. Repeat until your muscles burn.

Unemployed

Posted On:
    5/22/2004 2:14am

supporting member
     Style: Filthy Jailhouse Tactics

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    For my own forearm/wrist strength exercises, I went to a store and purchased one-gallon pickle jars. I fill them with water and basically do curls while gripping the lids of the jars with my fingertips.

Haven't been doing it religiously enough because I'm lazy, so I can't give you some awesome result like, "OMG DUDE MY WRISTS GOT HUGE IN 2 MONTHS LOL"
    MY NAME IS ANTAGONY I SUCK AT COMBAT SPORTS KTHX

"blahblahblah, but I don't think I'm going to train tonight."
    "Fag."
    "Well if that were true, then I'd really REALLY want to come train!"
  6. 9chambers

Posted On:
    5/22/2004 6:15am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Lot's of good advice so far, wrist curls and masturbation being the best. I think Ronin is is right though. Some guys are just going to have bigger wrists than other guys no matter what.

Still, this is an exercise I saw these two huge guys doing in a gym once so I started doing it and it worked pretty well for me. It's built for the forearm but it helps the wrists too. They called them "Poppeyes" .. as in Poppeye the Sailor. You hold a dumbbell in each hand and let your arms hang at your sides. Then without moving your arms you curl your wrist toward your body, then away, then back toward your body and then away. You just keep twisting your wrist back and forth. I usually do two sets of however many I can do with the same weight I use for bent over dumbbell rows. I also mix it up sometimes by twisting my wrist up and down like I'm holding a mug for a set. Play with that one and see if it works for you.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12