Page 1 of 8 12345 ... Last
    Style
    TKD/ BJJ/Kickboxing
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

UFC Fight Night: Rodríguez vs. Penn

Can the king reclaim the throne? Should be an interesting night hoping Penn doesn't embarrass himself again.

Main Card (Fox Sports 1)
    Weight class Method Round Time Notes
    Featherweight Yair Rodriguez vs. B.J. Penn
    Lightweight Joe Lauzon vs. Marcin Held
    Welterweight Court McGee vs. Ben Saunders
    Flyweight John Moraga vs. Sergio Pettis
    Preliminary Card (Fox Sports 1)
    Bantamweight Frankie Saenz vs. Augusto Mendes
    Heavyweight Oleksiy Oliynyk vs. Viktor Pešta
    Lightweight Alex White vs. Tony Martin
    Heavyweight Walt Harris vs. Chase Sherman
    Preliminary Card (UFC Fight Pass)
    Women's Strawweight Jocelyn Jones-Lybarger vs. Nina Ansaroff
    Lightweight Devin Powell vs. Drakkar Klose
    Light Heavyweight Joachim Christensen vs. Bojan Mihajlović
    Heavyweight Dmitri Smoliakov vs. Cyril Asker
    Fu Hung Hsieh remains Fu Hung Hsieh and Kung-tzu Yu remains Kung-tzu Yu.

Style
    Bjj, Muay Thai, MMA (SBG)
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Should be interesting at the very least. Penn's fall from grace has to be one of the saddest in the sport. While Anderson Silva's and Ronda Rousey's relatively recent downfalls have been dramatic, initially sudden and, at times, downright bizarre, Penn's has been grindingly irritating to watch. That third fight with Edgar was particularly strange- most baffling was how Penn abandoned his more Boxing orientated stance for an awkwardly upright posture and paid for it.

It would be great to see Bj win this fight and reclaim some of his former glory but, unlike Anderson and Rousey who still demonstrate/seem to have potential at a high level, Penn has so far fallen flat to the point that the general consensus among fans seems to be that he should stay retired...

That said training at Jacksons might see Penn return to form so I'm personally not counting him out. Working with his old coach Parillo is also a good sign- it was with that partnership that he dominated at light weight so consecutively. So far his preparation hasn't looked too shabby either. The only concern I have from the training footage is that his age shows as he doesn't seem to possess the same athleticism. That's to be expected, of course, but it seems particularly true with Penn. Rodriguez, on the other hand, is a young and hungry up and comer and therefore one to watch.

Assuming Penn returns to form Rodriguez isn't the worst match up for stylistically but he's certainly dangerous, especially from an athletic standpoint. He still has a propensity for abandoning substance for flash at times but his recent KO victory is emphatic of the threat he poses. Penn should capitalise on Rodriguezs lack of set up and, at times, erratic boxing if he wants to win. To do that he needs to go back to his old style and keep up the pace. Whether or not he still has it in him will be interesting for sure.
    Last edited by Aka-Tora; 1/14/2017 2:42pm at .

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten. supporting member
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Did any of you guys watch this? Penn looked like ass again. Holy ****, he got mule kicked like 100 times. He is not looking good at all with more age and less juice. He looks like a fucking cancer patient.

And Marcin Held got absolutely robbed when they gave the decision to Joe Lauzon. Lauzon has always been one of my favorite fighters but Held was looking like the hungry young lion in that fight.

For those of you who didn't see it, it was a clear win for Held and Lauzon shook his head when he was awarded the decision and said repeatedly that he completely disagreed with the decision. He was classy about it. Not his fault at all. But goddamn if MMA officiating isn't horrible.

Style
    Pumping iron
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I guess Penn wasn't mighter than Rod. Ba-doom-tsch
    go to http://www.bullshido.net/forums/prof...do=editoptions > under Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

Style
    Kendo
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    And Marcin Held got absolutely robbed when they gave the decision to Joe Lauzon. Lauzon has always been one of my favorite fighters but Held was looking like the hungry young lion in that fight.
    If it's any consolation to you, Joe agrees with you.

Style
    Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Did any of you guys watch this? Penn looked like ass again. Holy ****, he got mule kicked like 100 times. He is not looking good at all with more age and less juice. He looks like a fucking cancer patient.

For those of you who didn't see it, it was a clear win for Held and Lauzon shook his head when he was awarded the decision and said repeatedly that he completely disagreed with the decision. He was classy about it. Not his fault at all. But goddamn if MMA officiating isn't horrible.

I thought BJ looked at least a little better than his last outing.

Lauzon was indeed a class act as always.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten. supporting member
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilG View Post
    If it's any consolation to you, Joe agrees with you.
    Did you read the part in my post where I said he acknowledged that he lost the fight?

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChenPengFi View Post
    I thought BJ looked at least a little better than his last outing.

Lauzon was indeed a class act as always.
    Yeah, maybe a little better. Like the difference between Spam and bologna, or something along those lines.

Style
    Kendo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Did you read the part in my post where I said he acknowledged that he lost the fight?
    Glossed over it, just saw you mention the fight and remembered Joe posted about it on Reddit.

Style
    Muay Thai / BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The Russian dude pulling off the Ezekiel from bottom mount was pretty slick.

https://www.rt.com/sport/373874-alek...ezekiel-choke/

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... Last