Page 1 of 6 12345 ... Last
    Style
    all things in Moderation
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

TKD in all of it's broken insteps glory.

The more time I spend on the internet the more I realize educating the masses is a damn near impossible task. I look at gifs like

and all I can see is terrible technique and combat roleplay complete with toy props to fluff up the image of competence. Maybe someone can help me out, how the **** is this a thing?
    Last edited by BackFistMonkey; 1/03/2017 2:42am at .
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Quote Originally Posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
    Slamming the man in the bottom position from time to time keeps everybody on their toes and discourages butt scooting stupidity.

Style
    Bjj
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Its a thing because people are stupid and belive films. Then they take their kids to a stripmall mcdojo/dojang thinking they are going to learn real stuff. So they take their kids to said place and learn garbage cos the parents dont know any better. Generations later we have this ****.

Style
    Wrestling
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Maybe someone can help me out, how the **** is this a thing?
    It looks cool.

And in my mind, that at least gives it a smidgeon of value for SOMETHING. Unlike the Chun.

Style
    BJJ+Sanda
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Was that pre-scored drywall? LOL. Nice jump though.
    "Systema, which means, 'the system'..."

Quote Originally Posted by strikistanian View Post
    DROP SEIONAGI ************! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil
    Why is it so goddamn hard to find a video of it? I've seen videos I'm pretty sure are alien spacecraft. But still no good Krav.
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasma
    At the point, I must act! You see my rashguard saids "Jiu Jitsu vs The World" and "The World" was standing in front me teaching Anti-Grappling in a school I help run.
    [quote=SoulMechanic]Thank you, not dying really rewarding in more ways than I can express.[/[quote]

Style
    all things in Moderation
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kravbizarre View Post
    Its a thing because people are stupid and belive films. Then they take their kids to a stripmall mcdojo/dojang thinking they are going to learn real stuff. So they take their kids to said place and learn garbage cos the parents dont know any better. Generations later we have this ****.
    yeah
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Moment View Post
    It looks cool.

And in my mind, that at least gives it a smidgeon of value for SOMETHING. Unlike the Chun.
    .. ok I guess thats all it takes then.

...huh...
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Slamming the man in the bottom position from time to time keeps everybody on their toes and discourages butt scooting stupidity.

Style
    all things in Moderation
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ermghoti View Post
    Was that pre-scored drywall? LOL. Nice jump though.
    ...some people on reddit were talking about little poppers in the board to poof the powder.
    I have yet to actually see if they exist, I had never heard of them.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Style
    Jits
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    The more time I spend on the internet the more I realize educating the masses is a damn near impossible task.
    If you educate the masses then they'll cease to be the masses.

Style
    all things in Moderation
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DCS View Post
    If you educate the masses then they'll cease to be the masses.
    That's good, I like most the individuals quite a bit.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Style
    BJJ+Sanda
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    ...some people on reddit were talking about little poppers in the board to poof the powder.
    I have yet to actually see if they exist, I had never heard of them.
    Well, the middle one in particular is trying to fold over just from being held vertical. Maybe the top one was dipped in baby powder or corn starch or something as well?
    "Systema, which means, 'the system'..."

Quote Originally Posted by strikistanian View Post
    DROP SEIONAGI ************! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil
    Why is it so goddamn hard to find a video of it? I've seen videos I'm pretty sure are alien spacecraft. But still no good Krav.
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasma
    At the point, I must act! You see my rashguard saids "Jiu Jitsu vs The World" and "The World" was standing in front me teaching Anti-Grappling in a school I help run.
    [quote=SoulMechanic]Thank you, not dying really rewarding in more ways than I can express.[/[quote]

Style
    BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ermghoti View Post
    Well, the middle one in particular is trying to fold over just from being held vertical. Maybe the top one was dipped in baby powder or corn starch or something as well?
    It's hard to discount that he made the strikes. Impressive, but not martially useful. The technique itself is vulnerable to all manner of attack; forget the fact that if it was anything harder than a sheet of paper he wouldn't have been likely to score all three hits. Also, who fights opponents that tall?

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... Last