Page 1 of 27 1234511 ... Last
    Style
    TKD/ BJJ/Kickboxing
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

UFC 207: Nunes vs Rousey

So is Rhonda back or are we getting a future tragedy... I've got to get used to these ppv's on Friday will be interesting.
    Main Card
    Weight class Method Round Time Notes
    Women's Bantamweight Amanda Nunes (c) vs. Ronda Rousey [a]
    Bantamweight Dominick Cruz (c) vs. Cody Garbrandt [b]
    Bantamweight T.J. Dillashaw vs. John Lineker
    Welterweight Dong Hyun Kim vs. Tarec Saffiedine
    Flyweight Louis Smolka vs. Ray Borg
    Preliminary Card (Fox Sports 1)
    Welterweight Johny Hendricks vs. Neil Magny
    Welterweight Mike Pyle vs. Alex Garcia
    Middleweight Antônio Carlos Júnior vs. Marvin Vettori
    Welterweight Brandon Thatch vs. Niko Price
    Preliminary Card (UFC Fight Pass)
    Welterweight Alex Oliveira vs. Tim Means
    Fu Hung Hsieh remains Fu Hung Hsieh and Kung-tzu Yu remains Kung-tzu Yu.

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Should be a good one !
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Style
    Judo
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Future tragedy? I think it's important to realize there's no such thing as being king of the hill forever. What's important is Rhonda came back, not whether she wins or loses.

And not whether her "tough girl" face is convincing or not. Sorry, had to add it.

Style
    TKD/ BJJ/Kickboxing
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pship Destroyer View Post
    Future tragedy? I think it's important to realize there's no such thing as being king of the hill forever. What's important is Rhonda came back, not whether she wins or loses.

And not whether her "tough girl" face is convincing or not. Sorry, had to add it.
    I didn't mean fighting when I said future tragedy.
    Fu Hung Hsieh remains Fu Hung Hsieh and Kung-tzu Yu remains Kung-tzu Yu.

Style
    Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by danharr View Post
    I didn't mean fighting when I said future tragedy.
    I think she'll win. Rousey is a tough woman, and anybody who can make a come back from a beat down is a dangerous foe.

The advertising and 100 pt font...meh.

Style
    BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dana has a penchant for bringing back the has-been for one final fight. I would not be surprised if that's the play, here, with Rousey. She was a juggernaut, until the women's divisions started getting some real talent.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten. supporting member
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is a very interesting fight to me. Not sure how it will play out. I think it is definitely a winnable fight for Rousey but I also think she has a couple things going against her. 1. Rust. She's had a long layoff and that always has the potential to cause problems. 2. Nunes has a road map now. We've seen that before with dangerous fighters who pose a problem that someone finally solves. (Brock Lesnar). Then others follow that same path to victory.

But I think it's a toss up. I'll buy the fight and I don't buy many fights anymore.

Style
    TKD, CMA & American Kenpo
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nutcracker, sweet View Post
    Dana has a penchant for bringing back the has-been for one final fight. I would not be surprised if that's the play, here, with Rousey. She was a juggernaut, until the women's divisions started getting some real talent.
    I would have to agree with this about 95%, Dana knows how to squeeze the last drop of juice from a lemon. I don't believe that Rouseyhad ever faced anyone with skills and conditioning like Holly Holm before and she damned sure better take Amanda Nunez seriously. IMHO, if Rousey loses this one, she will likely retire from the sport. That having been said, Rousey is still formidable; she is still within a good age group (not over-the-hill) and always brought a very physical game. It's going to be a good fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    You can not intellectualize your way to being a competent fighter.

Style
    Judo
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I wish I could afford to PPV the fight...

Did Rousey ever "fix" her coaching issues? That always seem to be her worst enemy. "Keep doing what you're doing" only works up to a point; like you said with increased competition especially outside Rousey's A game, she didn't have much of a chance with that sort of mentality.

It was sink or swim, train harder or die, and she got flattened. I hope somebody showed her the animated gif of her goofy shadowboxing, and said "fix this." It should have been pretty clear where her vulnerabilities are to anybody, so little to no excuse for not closing the gaps. She has access to everything she needs to do it..
    Last edited by Pship Destroyer; 12/29/2016 10:58am at .

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten. supporting member
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I remember a time not that long ago when I acknowledged Rousey was a very good fighter but I attributed much of her astronomical success to the fact that the female MMA talent pool was relatively weak. Some of you dipshits were beside yourself that I could even insinuate such a thing. How dare I?!! Ronda Rousey was one of the greatest fighters of all time!!! Joe Rogan said so!!!

Now look at you. A couple years later, with only minor improvements in the talent pool of women's MMA and you're all talking about how the rest of the talent is catching up.

I guess that means I was right again.

Page 1 of 27 1234511 ... Last