Page 8 of 8 First ... 45678

Style
    Prying Mantis Kung-f, SBD
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Instead of making the Frank Dux video this weekend, I'm just going to look up bad Bullshido posts from 2006.
    Dan Severn loves raping people.

Style
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is the kind of 5,000 page sandbag fest you don't see on Bullshido anymore:

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=45706

Quote Originally Posted by aikiguy View Post
    Just a thought here.... Have people lost sight of what MA really mean? I recall when learning martial arts was learning a tradition, learning discipline, learning how to defend ones self if need be, but today I see alot of people who are only proponents of arts that are found in MMA/cage fighting/ufc etc. Suffice to say, at least to me, isn't this the wrong focus of what true martial arts really is. It seems to me that many people have fallen away from what the core beleifs are vs. teaching that total destruction is the way. any thoughts?
    piss off rookie, what are you 15? You have no fucking clue waht you are talking about... MA is about discipline, honor, courage, strength of character, not inposing ones self on another.... aren't you not allowed to patrol noobs here....?
    bushido was the warrior way last i looked.... and a warrior does fight for a cause, not for money or pride...

who says all I have studied is AIkido, anyhow?

the reality is : what we teach kids in the " arts " is not the same as it used to be....
    Quote Originally Posted by Nestorius View Post
    I learnt from this website, there are only four martial arts: MMA, BBJ, MT, and Boxing. Everything else is for the weak. Honor is for the weak. A martial artist is a gladiator, and nothing more. The highest pinacle of his carear should be smashing in someone's face in a barfight or to participate in a no-holds-barred tournament with little asian people betting upon him like a dog.
    bullshit... ican teach a monkey to put on a gi and kick and punch ( maybe not ) but the fact reamins that without the mental teaching of courage and strength of character, you cannot fight, because you have neither of these... could you fight with NO confidence... NO... so you assumably have confidence, and you LEARNED it from somewhere..... I am saying that in teaching people, this must be a part of the curriculum...

Style
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I could care less about bowing. really. But, i do care about the traditonal teaching methods being preserved. That the stance is important, that the technique is done so many times that it is perfected. The ideals that incapacitating your opponent is not the first way, but the last way... escalation etc...

it is not right, in my mind that people use the MA's that they TOOK from another culture and pick the parts they like the best and ignoring the rest...
    Quote Originally Posted by Da_AzN View Post
    I agree with you... partially...

Yes. Martial arts are about tradition, discipline, honor... etc...

I am not like the others here in this site who condone beating up emos and homeless people.

I do not go out and pick fights with people either (unless its for fun and with people I trust). There is a rule in the place where I go to... sensei always tells this to us... that if I hear anyone of you causing trouble out there... in the bar, in the club, in the school, etc... you will be kicked out of this club and you dont belong here...

I also do not agree with some professional MMA fighters (and some people on these boards) who act up like fucking 10 year olds and talk ****. Because they destroy the image of MMA. MMA isnt about thugs who wanna just get in there and beat the **** outta each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Da_AzN View Post
    ok fine. martial arts is all about fighting and only fighting nothing else. Concepts of honor, tradition, pride, and everything else is nothing but bullshit.

Ok fine.

Um... unless you guys wouldnt mind the negative stereotype that is associated with MA practitioners... that were nothing but a bunch of thugs and animals who only wanna fight fight fight and fight.

Ok ok... not all fighters behave like that but a good number of em do. There are matured and respectable people in the business... like Randy Couture and Nate Quarry... who doesnt really **** talk on opponents.

Seriously... ****-talking opponents can sound funny and all... but its damaging for the image of martial arts.

It defeats the purpose. If you people in bullshido wanna stop the spread of mcdojos and ****... now how the hell can I encourage the little kids (or the adults) to do muai thai or bjj or a mix of both? The reason they are flocking to the mcdojos and believing that mcdojos are teh [email protected] is because these mcdojos are good in packaging their whole fraud... by throwing in concepts of tradition, honor, and pride into the package.

As proven time and time again... the best lies are the ones with bits and pieces of truth in them.

So in conclusion... if these "krotty" and TKD schools do hard contact sparring and become open to evolution of their techniques... but do their forms, and tradition... teaching values and honor codes... and stop charging mcdojo fees... they would all be cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by xcal View Post
    a very interesting thread...although I only read the first and last few pages.

I strongly believe that most of the problems with weak MA is in the practioner, and not the practice... e.g. a person weak in mind and body will never become a good fighter even if (s)he attended the best school ever. HOWEVER a person strong in mind and body will eventually become a good fighter even (s)he attended a McDojo.
    Penis.

Style
    BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Alright, people, get your nominations in. I intend for this to go off on schedule, this year, next Tuesday to be precise.

Style
    BJJ, wrestling
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    *considers banning HM for no reason at all*

Style
    BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Today is the day. I've got some work roundup to do, then I will get the poll up around lunchtime. You still have time to get a nomination in!

Style
    Judo
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Heuristic View Post
    Traditional Karate guys strike air and have non contact sparring. How on earth is that more effective training? TKD guys at least hit **** and train power.
    Had to nominate at least one post of his...

Style
    BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    OK, here's the cutoff. Nominations after this point go in next year's thread, which I'll open up in a little bit.

Page 8 of 8 First ... 45678