Page 3 of 8 First 1234567 ... Last

Style
    Prying Mantis Kung-f, SBD
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Don't push it.
    Dan Severn: But how else am I going to get your **** back up into you?

Style
    Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Moment View Post
    No, Nutcracker is just taking a crack at trolling. He's banking on the likelihood that people will be too lazy to actually fucking look up RexKwonBlow's posts:

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=93856
    But none of his posts are in that thread either, unless he's got another name. You sneaky little hussy...

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    How is this stupid? Please. Enlighten me. It's physically intense. It requires balance and coordination. It includes some neat takedown entries. And it has been shown to work on at least the regional MMA level:

I'm not saying that it's the be all and end all of "teh deadly", just that you get a lot out of it in terms of coordination, footwork, and athleticism, which is more than can be said for a lot of other styles we like to make fun of.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelio
    "Other martial arts like Wushu, Kung Fu or even Jiu-Jitsu they all have books and they have instruction on how to properly apply movement and how to teach this and uniforms and stuff like that," he said. "Capoeira really didn't have that, Capoeira really came from the streets, it came from slaves, people who couldn't learn how to write or read, people who couldn't write things down to pass it on. What was passed on through Capoeira was just body, I would come and show you how to move your body and you would show it to somebody else."
    i know this doesn't answer your question, i just found it funny.

also, american football fulfills all the benefits you listed so is that the next martial art you want to try? bill duff once used it to win a sambo fight.

Style
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pship Destroyer View Post
    But none of his posts are in that thread either, unless he's got another name. You sneaky little hussy...
    Did you actually fucking LOOK through the thread? The search function is notoriously crap here.

Unless Nutcracker is using his mod power to delete posts and enhance the verisimilitude of his ruse...

Style
    Judo
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
    also, american football fulfills all the benefits you listed so is that the next martial art you want to try? bill duff once used it to win a sambo fight.
    Counterpoint: Football won't help you to do this (double entendre intended).

Style
    Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Did you actually fucking LOOK through the thread? The search function is notoriously crap here.

2,000+ posts? NO thanks! I'm on to you, you cheeky monkey.

Style
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    **** you.

Style
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nutcracker, sweet View Post
    Don't push it. You got me, this time. Enjoy your success, or go back to pleading Phrost to unban you.
    Also, can I really be banned for trolling you homos with a dupe account that doesn't even exist?

This is a hypothetical question because RexKwonBlow3699 was real.

Style
    Kyokushin/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
    i know this doesn't answer your question, i just found it funny.

It does and it doesn't. Speaking of what Marcus Aurelio said, Renzo Gracie himself said something somewhat similar about BJJ. It's been a year, so his exact phrasing escapes me, but the jist of it was that he credited a good chunk of the rapid evolution of BJJ to the fact that Portuguese isn't as descriptive as English when someone asked him the name of a technique. He said that because most of their techniques didn't have a specific name they just fell under broad categories (like choke or armlock) and as such there was no "right" way to perform them so people were more free to innovate and try new things.

Counterpoint to your football analogy: football doesn't try to sell itself as a martial art and the objective is to move a ball, not **** people up.

Point in favor of your analogy: the football players I do know wrestled in the off season and I am pretty sure that the average college football player would beat the **** out of me in a fight.

Style
    Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Also, can I really be banned for trolling you homos with a dupe account that doesn't even exist?

This is a hypothetical question because RexKwonBlow3699 was real.
    By real you mean you woodshopped, right? Like Pinocchio. He wants to be real, and only love can make him so.

Page 3 of 8 First 1234567 ... Last