Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last
    Style
    BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BigJim520 View Post
    Haha, I bet your next act is to call me a tree-hugging hippie.
    I've actually hugged trees. It's the best way to get up them for bow season, unless you had the foresight to install a ladder the previous year. Trees are good. Know what else is good? A nice fat doob. Yeah, I voted for legalization, again. Any other labels you want me to dispel?

Style
    xingyi
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BigJim520 View Post
    '00-'05
    Yep, this is what I figured. You saw one basically, for the reason he is lamenting above.

Style
    BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Yep, this is what I figured. You saw one basically, for the reason he is lamenting above.
    **** me, does this mean we're old, now?

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just to compare, open carry has been legal in Idaho for quite some time. When I moved here in 2001, it was legal, but I don't remember seeing anyone carrying outside of hunting or working on a farm/ranch.

Now concealed carry is legal throughout the state, no permit required. Until this June, concealed carry without out a permit was only legal outside city limits.

I have not noticed many people carrying openly where I live now, but it's not especially rare, speaking primarily of handguns. Of course, you still see shotguns and or rifles hanging in the back of truck windows.

I'd rather carry concealed in most cases anyway, unless hiking/hunting/fishing, although even then I tend to carry concealed because it's often easier when wearing a jacket.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Style
    xingyi
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    BKR still posts, he is the old one.

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    BKR still posts, he is the old one.
    You whippersnappers need to STFU and read more ThinkProgress and OccupyDemocrat to get your minds right...

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Style
    BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm gonna have to look this up, now. My probably flawed memory was that open carry wasn't illegal; but, you had to be some sort of special super-cop to get a concealed carry permit. Somehow, over the years, that morphed into you can only carry a gun if you had a concealed carry permit. I don't remember gun ownership or carry issues being a thing in my childhood, or really until the last dozen or so years.

(a little google later) yep, that's pretty much how it went: http://txcha.org/texas-ltc-informati...ncealed-carry/ though it was illegal, it was basically jaywalking - you had to piss off the right officer in order to be charged with a crime.

Style
    xingyi
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That's basically what happened in AZ. It was a tad more convoluted, but it was left up to the officers discretion. Why deal with the hassle when you can pay anywhere from $40-$100, take a class and carry EVERYWHERE. Yes, even in those stores which have "No weapons" signs. The down side is everyone calls it flaunting now, when someone exercises their right to open carry.

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That's basically what happened in AZ. It was a tad more convoluted, but it was left up to the officers discretion. Why deal with the hassle when you can pay anywhere from $40-$100, take a class and carry EVERYWHERE. Yes, even in those stores which have "No weapons" signs. The down side is everyone calls it flaunting now, when someone exercises their right to open carry.
    Flaunting 2nd amendment bad, flaunting 1st amendment good...

And then there are those "I voted stickers", pure, pure evil !

Style
    TKD, CMA & American Kenpo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This guy makes entirely too much sense and brings up some really good points regarding when to open and when to conceal.

Last edited by slamdunc; 11/28/2016 8:34pm at .

Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    You can not intellectualize your way to being a competent fighter.

Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last