Page 2 of 2 First 12

Style
    Judo
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "Since September 12th, 2001, the American HomeGuard has been gathering, preparing for the inevitable conflict that will come. When the People must fight to defend their Homeland. Writing these books, training, assembling our resources, forming special units, to be ready. "

"Members of this group are considered Tatenokai, the Shield Society, who must act in a manner befitting a martial artist and may petition for membership and volunteer to serve as unregistered agents of the society, much like the Baker Street Irregulars of the Sherlock Holmes novels. "

Aside from the fact that the Baker Street Irregulars were NOT volunteers (they were homeless kids that Holmes paid, and even incentivized with bonuses), I've noticed this pattern in the BDFS materials of making up a moniker and then making it sound as if it's a huge organization.

Black Dragon Fighting Society
    The American HomeGuard
    Tatenokai/Shield Society

Does anyone else get the sense the writers are auditioning for a Marvel super heroes movie? It really does seem to suggest a sort of mass delusion of grandeur, in the cult sense, but with a money-making, capitalist facet. What impressionable person, especially youth, wouldn't shell out $20 to feel they are part of the Avengers or whatever? To me, it looks like that's what Ron Collins did. He joined this fantasy superhero squad as a way of confirming his own delusions about being a master ninja. When real people started to criticize him and his associations online, he was actually able to put a small crew together and attempted to silence a critic, in person.

By objective standards, he failed, but since Dojo Press seems willing to make a buck off anything, including 9-11...they're just going to add this video to the pile of huckstering they're already engaged in...something associated with the movie industry and celebrity fan clubs.

Hell I shelled out $20 to be part of the Star Wars fan club back in the 1980's, and got some sort of "Jedi Knight" patch in the mail. I felt pretty damn cool at the time. But it's all charades. By the look of it, if you're upset about 9/11...here buy into the American HomeGuard club! People criticizing you online? Buy into the Shield Society/Black Dragon Fighting Society and help them rid the world of ...whatever.

Anybody can profit from this sort of cartoonery. Just pick out an impressive name, and then stock your club with naive people without a real sense of purpose, and profit. Clearly Dojo Press has no problem profiting off videos of BDFS members like Ron Collins and others making total clown of themselves. The only people who can watch that video and think Ron Collins or the BDFS were in the right are probably their own fanboys.
    Last edited by Pship Destroyer; 11/17/2016 2:20pm at .

Style
    Sento-jutsu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, it turns out that Radford does have some assets. To be exact, he has a house he inherited from his mother.
    I am not saying I am going to sue him. I am just exploring my options at this point. Thanks for the responses.

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by GunslingerAdept View Post
    Well, it turns out that Radford does have some assets. To be exact, he has a house he inherited from his mother.
    I am not saying I am going to sue him. I am just exploring my options at this point. Thanks for the responses.
    You might want to take a look at it before you go forward...
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Style
    Judo
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Does anybody know who "M.A. Miller" is? This Dojo Press advert is copyrighted to that person, living dead or fictional.

Style
    BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm from Lexington, and know one guy who was a member of BDFS. He's all the time going on about how "legit" Ron Collins is. This guy also told me he could knock me out from across the room with Chi. I told him to please try, and if he could I'd dedicate my life to BDFS and learning their ways. I guess these guys are so popular here because its the seat of Sin The's Shaolin-Do association.

Needless to say, He couldn't and I still study BJJ.

Style
    German longsword, .45 ACP
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This guy should have just written ninja novels or ninja RPG sourcebooks. They would have been the most entertaining ninja fiction ever. Kind of like Stony Man, but for hypermasculine ninjas. Then we'd all be loving him and talking about how much we enjoyed the novels, instead of this.

Quote Originally Posted by HarshMallow View Post
    I think that video is hilarious, but I sure wouldn't buy it. I would, however, buy one of these:

http://dojopress.com/catalogts2.bdfs.html

Attachment 17208

All this power for $30:

Maybe if we all get one we can get a discount.

Then, there's also this:

http://dojopress.com/catalogbk41.html

Attachment 17209

I totally wouldn't get this (wink, wink). I mean, I'm already a ninja in the bedroom.
    Best Vietnam War music video I've ever seen put together by a vet: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDY8raKsdfg

Style
    Wrestling
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wounded Ronin View Post
    This guy should have just written ninja novels or ninja RPG sourcebooks. They would have been the most entertaining ninja fiction ever. Kind of like Stony Man, but for hypermasculine ninjas. Then we'd all be loving him and talking about how much we enjoyed the novels, instead of this.
    Phil Elmore writes satirical action novels.

That's the one really positive thing about ol' Phil: Despite all the crap he's put out through the years, he's never quite fallen to the depths that Ashida Kim has. He can actually kind of function in the real world, almost.

Style
    MMA and Luta Livre noob
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by HarshMallow View Post
    I mean, I'm already a ninja in the bedroom.
    In and out before anyone notices?

EDIT: Sorry. Didn't notice this was in MABS.

Page 2 of 2 First 12