Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

Style
    Western Boxing
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The old Boxing Trick is the tight fist. A loose fist while in guard position then tighten the fist as you go to punch. this reduces fagiute in the arms. The secret of the tight fist is the tighter the little the little finger the tighter the fist. Most people hurt their fingers because of loose fist strikes. Joe

Style
    TKD/ BJJ/Kickboxing
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Okay now we're talking thanks.
    Fu Hung Hsieh remains Fu Hung Hsieh and Kung-tzu Yu remains Kung-tzu Yu.

Style
    street paddleboarding
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Karish View Post
    That's actually a good advice, but you mentionned other reasons not to do that. Could you tell me more if you don't mind?
    Most kicking arts teach to throw a head kick when your opponent repeatedly low blocks. Or, if they step in to punch, you're in an equally bad position. Tucking your elbow sets you up to follow up with a tight uppercut of your own. If they try to head kick instead of a lower kick, your hand will be ready to cover at least. The only real advantage of the low block is that you can transition right into a kick catch, but that's also possible from the elbow tuck.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by danharr View Post
    So I get pins and needles in my boxing and kickboxing cardio classes about 30 minutes in. I also take 3 class two days of the week and two on Saturday. My wraps aren't very tight but no matter what I do pins and needles. Guessing nothing I can do about the hurt knuckles with that volume of punching.
    Following are the precautions to avoid injuries during sports..
    Wear protective equipments...
    You must know the rules of the game, you are playing...
    Keep an eye at every action and step of your opponent...
    Try not to play while you are injured...

Somewhere between a baguettte and a croissant
    Style
    Yoseikan Budo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    Most kicking arts teach to throw a head kick when your opponent repeatedly low blocks. Or, if they step in to punch, you're in an equally bad position. Tucking your elbow sets you up to follow up with a tight uppercut of your own. If they try to head kick instead of a lower kick, your hand will be ready to cover at least. The only real advantage of the low block is that you can transition right into a kick catch, but that's also possible from the elbow tuck.
    Interestingly enough, this is what I am up to regarding my striking game : figuring out how to use head kick. Now that I am flexible enough to throw them high, I have to figure out how to use them wisely in sparring session. Because I have realised quickly that no one let you just throw a kick to their head, setting them up is needed. And this low kick/low block thing is one way to do it. Guess I have to dig into that now

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hello
    As we all know that sports like MMA,Boxing etc are dangerous sports means there is always fear of injury....Some time there are very severe injuries which can be very dangerous....But by using proper gears like protective gears one can save himself from injury... So in my eyes using protective gear can help you to prevent injuries during sports...
    Last edited by WorldChampions; 6/13/2017 2:14am at .

Style
    all things in Moderation
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by WorldChampions View Post
    Hello
    As we all know that sports like MMA,Boxing etc are dangerous sports means there is always fear of injury....Some time there are very severe injuries which can be very dangerous....But by using proper gears like protective gears one can save himself from injury... So in my eyes using protective gear can help you to prevent injuries during sports...
    Post that link one more time and you are banned for spam you ignorant piece of ****. The only reason you aren't banned now is because I figured you were too stupid to know the rules when you started the other thread.

You have been warned officially.
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Quote Originally Posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
    Slamming the man in the bottom position from time to time keeps everybody on their toes and discourages butt scooting stupidity.

Style
    all things in Moderation
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i mean
    Good Morning World !!!
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Slamming the man in the bottom position from time to time keeps everybody on their toes and discourages butt scooting stupidity.

Style
    BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    Post that link one more time and you are banned for spam you ignorant piece of ****. The only reason you aren't banned now is because I figured you were too stupid to know the rules when you started the other thread.

You have been warned officially.

Why wait? Temp bans are phun. Just ask BKR :)

Style
    all things in Moderation
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by submessenger View Post
    Why wait? Temp bans are phun. Just ask BKR :)
    Don't I have to go into the Moderator's view to do that? I know that option isn't in the normal profile infraction list or I would have temp banned two posters last week.

Edit
    I found it and book marked it for easy access.
    Last edited by BackFistMonkey; 6/13/2017 8:25am at .
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last