Thread: Oh Oh, it's a knife...
3/16/2005 4:12pm, #51
3/16/2005 4:14pm, #52Originally Posted by ronin69
3/16/2005 4:15pm, #53
3/16/2005 4:18pm, #54Originally Posted by ronin69
3/16/2005 4:19pm, #55
3/16/2005 4:21pm, #56Originally Posted by ronin69
3/16/2005 4:22pm, #57Originally Posted by ronin69
2 Theres bad disarm techniques and good disarm techniques. The bad ones will get you badly cut or killed. Just remember theres also alot of stupid fighting positions you find in Bullshido books that will get your ass killed. Readers beware.
3 If a knife to knife fight breaks out. Its better to have your forward arm as the defensive or countering arm. The rear arm is best to hold your knife with. Do not hold the knife like a sword. It isnt.
4 With a knife to knife fight you got to fight for position. Position, position, position!!!!
5 With all respect dude. I disagree with you about stepping back. You might have to if you need a better position. Also you might have to if you want him to make a Committed Move and then you nail him.
6. Most knife fights end fast to begin with. Just remember an experience knifer will sometimes sacrifice his arm to bait you so that he can come in for a fatal kill.
7. Always be aware in public or where ever. A knife attacker is not going to let you know when he is going to stab you. Be very very aware if you sense something is wrong. If there are more than one guy you might be getting set up to be killed. The guys will jump you and hold on to you; while the knifer will stab you to death. Its always good to have reliable friends to watch your back.
8. Obviously if dealing with a weopon you want a weopon for yourself. Find anything.
9. Know the differences between bad knifers from the experience knifers.
10. Expect to get cut regardless. Remember you will most likely live if you get medical attaention quickly. Also theres always duct tape if worst come to worst. If that doesnt work then its the old fire poker on the cut.
11. Inoculate yourself from shock with as much practice as possible. Just try to figure out the bad moves from the good ones. Be mentally prepared. Even if your cut badly and the bones of your ribs are showing. (yep it happens)
12. How do I know? I picked up a few things from friends with whose been in and out of prison. (Not that I associate with prison types anymore.)Ghost of Charles Dickens
3/16/2005 4:27pm, #58
3/16/2005 4:28pm, #593 If a knife to knife fight breaks out. Its better to have your forward arm as the defensive or countering arm. The rear arm is best to hold your knife with. Do not hold the knife like a sword. It isnt.
. Just remember an experience knifer will sometimes sacrifice his arm to bait you so that he can come in for a fatal kill.
Otherwise, I agree with the rest of your post."Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." – Voltaire.
3/16/2005 4:31pm, #60Originally Posted by ronin69