Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Merry Christmas Bitch

Posted On:
    3/16/2005 4:12pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Canadian Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The first rule of fighting and armed attacker is NOT to fight if you can avoid it.
    Unfortunatly, avoidance is not always an option.

Yes Koto got his name changed, quit asking...

Posted On:
    3/16/2005 4:14pm

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushin Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ronin69
    That drill is very old, I am surprised it seems "new" to you.
    I never did any art that used weapons until I joined the Booj, and we've never done it.

Merry Christmas Bitch

Posted On:
    3/16/2005 4:15pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Koto_Ryu
    I never did any art that used weapons until I joined the Booj, and we've never done it.

Booj ???

Posted On:
    3/16/2005 4:18pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Booj ???
    Bujinkan, just a quick way of typing it.

Merry Christmas Bitch

Posted On:
    3/16/2005 4:19pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The fact that they don't do such a basic drill is another reason to be concerend about their training methods.

Posted On:
    3/16/2005 4:21pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The fact that they don't do such a basic drill is another reason to be concerend about their training methods.
    We do several different types of knife fighting and defense exercises, just never did that particular one.

Posted On:
    3/16/2005 4:22pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Be Happy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Knife 101

Ok, bare with me on this.
    The knife, blade: anywhere from 3" to 10", anymore and it’s a freaking machete !!!
    It cuts, slashes, tabs and, if heavy enough, chops.
    It can come at you straight, up, down and all 45 degree directions, in fact, any movemtn you make with your hand/arm is an attack with a knife.
    It can be single or double edges, folding or fixed.

And for all the times that running and giving into the knife wielder, are NOT options:
    Knife protection 101 ( note I did not say defence, I don’t like the “defensive” mind that the word defence implies).

I don’t care how you do it, get out of the way of the fucking blade !!!!!!
    I don’t care how you do it, disarm the fucker.
    If you have to, use the fucking knife on him.
    If you have your own knife, use it.

Now, that being said.
    HOW ??
    Suggestion #1:
    Train knife fighting or fighting with a knife if you prefer that way of expressing it.
    Start with a rubber knife, move to a wooden knife, then a marker, then a DULL steel knife and finally, and you MUST to this, a live blade.
    At a certain point, you need to understand how a vision and feel of a live blade will effect you.
    You will get cut, you will bleed, BUT, you will understand what it means to deal with a blade.
    You MUST wear protection.
    UNDERSTAND that, this type of training is for ADVANCED practitioners, and I mean ADVANCED.
    Suggestion #2:
    Whatever art you choose to apply to this training, do NOT give the attacker ALL the time and ALL the opportunities he needs to stab you.
    Do NOT step back unless caught be surprise, if you step back, you are giving him ANOTHER chance to stab you, how many do you think he needs ?
    DO neutralise the attacking blade/hand/arm, how you do it, is up to you, BUT if how you are trying to do it does NOT work, time to try something else.
    REMEMBER THIS: he can have MORE than one knife, you MUST finish the fight FAST.
    Suggestion #3:
    If you manage to acquire the knife, use it, but understand the legalities of it.
    No weapon can harm you if you are NOT in the “line of fire”, master positional awareness.

Some arts advocate attacking the armed limb, other advocate “killing the body and the limb dies”.
    Whatever your chosen art advocates, PERFECT IT, fighting someone with a bladed weapon means, NO MISTAKES.
    Please feel free to add anything you feel can be of use.

And yes, we ALL know and agree, its better to run or to avoid.
    That is not the point of THIS thread.
    1 Its better to stay on the outside of his cutting arm. Rarely in the inside. He will cut you bad in the inside arch.
    2 Theres bad disarm techniques and good disarm techniques. The bad ones will get you badly cut or killed. Just remember theres also alot of stupid fighting positions you find in Bullshido books that will get your ass killed. Readers beware.
    3 If a knife to knife fight breaks out. Its better to have your forward arm as the defensive or countering arm. The rear arm is best to hold your knife with. Do not hold the knife like a sword. It isnt.
    4 With a knife to knife fight you got to fight for position. Position, position, position!!!!
    5 With all respect dude. I disagree with you about stepping back. You might have to if you need a better position. Also you might have to if you want him to make a Committed Move and then you nail him.
    6. Most knife fights end fast to begin with. Just remember an experience knifer will sometimes sacrifice his arm to bait you so that he can come in for a fatal kill.
    7. Always be aware in public or where ever. A knife attacker is not going to let you know when he is going to stab you. Be very very aware if you sense something is wrong. If there are more than one guy you might be getting set up to be killed. The guys will jump you and hold on to you; while the knifer will stab you to death. Its always good to have reliable friends to watch your back.
    8. Obviously if dealing with a weopon you want a weopon for yourself. Find anything.
    9. Know the differences between bad knifers from the experience knifers.
    10. Expect to get cut regardless. Remember you will most likely live if you get medical attaention quickly. Also theres always duct tape if worst come to worst. If that doesnt work then its the old fire poker on the cut.
    11. Inoculate yourself from shock with as much practice as possible. Just try to figure out the bad moves from the good ones. Be mentally prepared. Even if your cut badly and the bones of your ribs are showing. (yep it happens)
    12. How do I know? I picked up a few things from friends with whose been in and out of prison. (Not that I associate with prison types anymore.)
    Ghost of Charles Dickens

Merry Christmas Bitch

Posted On:
    3/16/2005 4:27pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Koto_Ryu
    We do several different types of knife fighting and defense exercises, just never did that particular one.
    Please feel free to to share.

Genius

Posted On:
    3/16/2005 4:28pm

supporting member
     Style: Kru-MuayThai,GJJ-Blue

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    3 If a knife to knife fight breaks out. Its better to have your forward arm as the defensive or countering arm. The rear arm is best to hold your knife with. Do not hold the knife like a sword. It isnt.
    I don't agree. You can't cut an incoming attack with your unarmed hand. In FMA, the knife hand is usually the lead, as it acts both defensively and offensively cutting any incoming attack.

. Just remember an experience knifer will sometimes sacrifice his arm to bait you so that he can come in for a fatal kill.
    Maybe, but what are the chances? Is there any data to go with on this?

Otherwise, I agree with the rest of your post.
    "Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." – Voltaire.

Posted On:
    3/16/2005 4:31pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Please feel free to to share.
    The same ones Shinbushi or Katana would tell you, and since they've taken BTJ a lot longer than I have they'd be able to tell you more. Sufficient to say, chances are you probably will get the knife off the guy but you're probably going to get cut somewhere. The shodan test in the Bujinkan is to take a knife off of a resisting opponent without using strikes at all, just your taijutsu.
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456 78910 ... LastLast