Sponsored Links Spacer Image

UAAAH!

Posted On:
    3/21/2005 5:41am

Join us... or die
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Kind of, except I'd be able to throw my belt from the palm of my hand like a spear.
    Tough is not how you act, tough is how you train.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/21/2005 6:25am

Style: Moo Thai & Crappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Reikon
    You do realize that you're talking about 90% of the Kalista on this board right? And probably a good amount of the people who posted in this thread...

As I said...quite a bit of Kalista carry knives, and most train how to deploy them in realistic situations. And even spar that way.
    Phil Elmore carries a knife.

Why? Because he is paranoid of homeless and black people and can't fight.

Good news is that it's illegal where I live and they are giving police more powers to search people. This is a good thing.

Lord Of the Rhymes

Posted On:
    3/21/2005 11:28am

Style: Pimpin/Tango-thanks Xango

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem

Good news is that it's illegal where I live and they are giving police more powers to search people. This is a good thing.
    Phil is a paranoid because he suffers paranoia, not because he carries a knife.
    Sadly, I have been attacked (never by homeless, but by rich, drunken kids), stabbed and on one occasion, shot by the police. It was when a march of protest agaisnt the government was three streets down from where I was, and I was going the other way, because I knew that repression was on the way. I was shot point blank when I walked by some cops dressed in civilian clothes, and since then, I have developed a certain disregard on how the police forces should be the only ones with weapons.
    Still, perhaps it´s paranoia, after all.
    Canuckyokushin:

These women can do back flips right over my head and still land on there feet .GRrrrrrrr!

THAT'S NOTHING, I USED TO KNOW SOME 12 YEAR-OLDS WHO COULD FIT INSIDE A SUITCASE AND STAY ALIVE FOR 7 OR WAS IT 6 HOURS

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/22/2005 7:50pm

Style: Shou Shu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Reikon
    Let them say what they want. let's see them try to proove it's ****.
    Yeah, I'll piss off a guy with a knife, just for kicks.

The last time I faced a dude with a knife was in high school--and I ran. I don't ever want to face something like that again, but assuming I do, and there's no way out, I'd have to try and see where and how he was holding the knife--and if I could redirect/block the arm that's using it.

I did hear once about putting a shoe over your hand to deflect the knife blade itself, but seriously... why stop, divert your attention, and remove your shoe when the other guy has a damn knife?

Lord Of the Rhymes

Posted On:
    3/22/2005 8:53pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Martial Cartoonist
    Yeah, I'll piss off a guy with a knife, just for kicks.

The last time I faced a dude with a knife was in high school--and I ran. I don't ever want to face something like that again, but assuming I do, and there's no way out, I'd have to try and see where and how he was holding the knife--and if I could redirect/block the arm that's using it.

I did hear once about putting a shoe over your hand to deflect the knife blade itself, but seriously... why stop, divert your attention, and remove your shoe when the other guy has a damn knife?
    It works as a revenge-from-beyond-the-grave move if you have AIDS.
    Canuckyokushin:

These women can do back flips right over my head and still land on there feet .GRrrrrrrr!

THAT'S NOTHING, I USED TO KNOW SOME 12 YEAR-OLDS WHO COULD FIT INSIDE A SUITCASE AND STAY ALIVE FOR 7 OR WAS IT 6 HOURS

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/22/2005 9:55pm

Style: Tae Kwon-Do (ITF style)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I haven't heard much about reading body language to tell what he's going to do. Is that useful, or is it just some unrealistic theory (asking those who have been in knife-fights)? We do a lot of knife stuff: Multiple attackers (I always die, but I usually take people with me), markers, sparring in the dark, the whole shebang.
    I'm also wondering about using kicks to defend, your legs are longer and a lot stronger than your arms, but on the other hand I live in Canada, where it's icy 8 months a year. Getting a crescent kick into that nerve between bicep and tricep is not pleasant. So, if the conditions allow me to use kicks, should I use them?

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    3/22/2005 10:08pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Presenting the smallest target and getting the guy to commit is be the best way to gain control of the knife hand...which is the best way to survive a knife fight.

Oh yeah...and unless you want your foot stabbed...I wouldn't suggest trying to kick a person w/ a knife...nor do any other flailing around for that matter. Anyone who suggests these jack-ass techniques has never trained w/ knives.
    Last edited by Southpaw; 3/22/2005 10:10pm at .

Lord Of the Rhymes

Posted On:
    3/22/2005 10:42pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TKDSystemaBeast
    So, if the conditions allow me to use kicks, should I use them?
    Of course, unless you´re afraid of dying.
    Canuckyokushin:

BJJ wins again!

Posted On:
    3/22/2005 11:49pm

supporting member
     Style: Guns

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ANYONE who carries a knife is:

1. Looking for trouble
    2. Gutless
    3. All of the above
    Hey, I've got an idea--how about if you post about things you know something about? That'd be just super, thanks.

It's a good thing you're across the Pacific. You'd wet yourself if you saw what the average American old man carries in his pockets.

I'm not even going to bother pointing out the parallel between your ignorance and the ignorance of the last ten people who told you that you study a martial art because you're looking for trouble and compensating for a small penis, because it's effing obvious and because I didn't bother to read the last page or so and someone's probably already posted.

Posted On:
    3/23/2005 1:46am

Style: Knife-jitsu o=]==>

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Phil Elmore also breathes...eats, sleeps, shits, and types on the internet.

I suggest you stop doing all of the above if you're going to act like an idiot and make stereotypical deductions about people who carry knives.

Now, if you want to accept that not all people who carry knives are looking for trouble, but perhaps have 1) jobs to do or 2) study a blade based martial art for self defense and defense of ones kin, then maybe, we can have a decent, mature, intelligent conversation on the subject.