--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Kanzen ryu Karate

Hello All.
    I'm new here and it's my first posting because I wanted to ask if anyone knows or has experience with Kanzen ryu karate?
    There is a local club near to me and I wanted to go along to see what and how they train, but just wanted to ask if anyone knows anything about this style before I go.

I was hoping that someone might know what kata they train or what the syllabus is like?

The only information I have found online so far is the 3 websites listed below.

.karateschool
    .kanzenryukarate
    .kanzenkai

I was very interested in one of the statements on one of the websites stating- the founder is the only non oriential in the history of karate to be recognised as the founder of an offically recognised style of karate.

If this is true, who is it recognised by?

Should I bother going along to a class or is it just another case of ego and bullshido?

Thanks, JR

Style
    BJJ, FMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JikidenReiki View Post
    Should I bother going along to a class
    I am going to skip everything else and move right into this question.
    That answer to that question depends really on what is it you are looking to get out of Kanzen ryu Karate?
    What else is available to you in the area?
    What drew you to Kanzen Ryu Karate in the first place vs other options?
    Of the single rapier fight between valiant men, having both skill, he that is the best wrestler, or if neither of them can wrestle, the strongest man most commonly kills the other, or leaves him at his mercy.
    –George Silver, Paradoxes of Defence

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks for the speedy reply.
    I was drawn to Kanzen ryu because I'd never heard of it before and therefore stood out for me and I was intrigued to find out more. There are lots of shotokan and go kan ryu karate clubs in my local area, but I was looking for something like goju ryu, shorin or uechi karate. Because I read Kanzen is a mixture of some of these styles I thought it sounded interesting.

Style
    BJJ, FMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks for the speedy reply.
    I was drawn to Kanzen ryu because I'd never heard of it before and therefore stood out for me and I was intrigued to find out more. There are lots of shotokan and go kan ryu karate clubs in my local area, but I was looking for something like goju ryu, shorin or uechi karate. Because I read Kanzen is a mixture of some of these styles I thought it sounded interesting.
    Are you specifically looking for "Karate" what is it you hope to get out of Karate?
    Of the single rapier fight between valiant men, having both skill, he that is the best wrestler, or if neither of them can wrestle, the strongest man most commonly kills the other, or leaves him at his mercy.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't suppose it has to be karate, but I was looking for a stand up martial art rather than ju jutsu, judo, aikido etc... Only because I have an health condition and believe throws would probably be more detrimental to my health. There is a Muay Thai and a few tai chi and wing chun in my area. I don't want to become a pro, or mma, just thought a good mixture of traditional, cardio and self defence is what I'm looking for and that's how I stumbled upon kanzen ryu karate.

But what is more my concern and question is, Is the instructor legitimate of my local Kanzen ryu club? And that's why I wanted to know more about Kanzen ryu, the style and the syllabus.

Style
    Gracie Jiu Jitsu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't suppose it has to be karate, but I was looking for a stand up martial art rather than ju jutsu, judo, aikido etc... Only because I have an health condition and believe throws would probably be more detrimental to my health. There is a Muay Thai and a few tai chi and wing chun in my area. I don't want to become a pro, or mma, just thought a good mixture of traditional, cardio and self defence is what I'm looking for and that's how I stumbled upon kanzen ryu karate.

But what is more my concern and question is, Is the instructor legitimate of my local Kanzen ryu club? And that's why I wanted to know more about Kanzen ryu, the style and the syllabus.
    Muay Thai and Judo are the only non-bogus arts you named imho.

Style
    BJJ, FMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How important is the self defense aspect is to you?
    If you could rate the importance on a scale 1 - 10 as well as the importance of cardio on a scale 1 - 10 not that it really maters as the MT place is going to be better for both.