Page 2 of 11 First 123456 ... Last

Thread: Flat Earth

Style
    Karate
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=40617

This is one of the best flat earth threads over at Landover Baptist Church, an organisation I thoroughly admire.

Style
    BJJ, FMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DCS View Post
    There is a lot of people who believe in crazy ****: creationistm, holocaust didn't happen, ancient aliens, chemtrails, vaccines cause autism, Elvis is not dead, moon landings were fake....

Some are dangerous and should be stopped, others pose no danger so who cares what they believe.

For instance, I think this: Why are so many Olympians covered in large red circles? is worse than believing the Earth is flat.
    I think the flat earth one is more dangerous for this one simple fact.
    Its really easy to see that it is indeed NOT flat.
    I mean it takes hardly any brain power to do so.
    It is literally one of the easiest things to grasp and the experimentation to prove it can be done by anyone in such a short amount of time.
    Its not like reading real medical journals with an understanding of organic chemistry to prove vaccines and gmos are safe.
    its not like you are going to go out and get a soil sample and test it for chem trails residue.
    This one is SO easy to self test its not even funny.
    Of the single rapier fight between valiant men, having both skill, he that is the best wrestler, or if neither of them can wrestle, the strongest man most commonly kills the other, or leaves him at his mercy.
    –George Silver, Paradoxes of Defence

Style
    BJJ, FMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by scipio View Post
    http://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=40617

This is one of the best flat earth threads over at Landover Baptist Church, an organisation I thoroughly admire.
    Yeah that is 160 pages that i shall not be reading.
    I get their is crazy religious types. I was all good with their even being a flat earth society.
    What I am baffled at is can there be some many of them NOW that there needs to be a constant popping up of how we know the world is round in my science feeds?
    I want to be reading about graphine, steam cells, new cures for horrible things, new proteins, new kinds of light, new states of matter, magnetic wormholes, new quantom states, new ways of doing quantum computing.
    Not that the earth is round.
    This is not something that should have to be prove in 2016.
    Really has the flat earth society grown to a size that we need articles disputing the flat earthers?
    **** our hand are full enough with the anti-vax and anti-gmo crowd as it is.
    Of the single rapier fight between valiant men, having both skill, he that is the best wrestler, or if neither of them can wrestle, the strongest man most commonly kills the other, or leaves him at his mercy.

Style
    Jits
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    I think the flat earth one is more dangerous for this one simple fact.
    Its really easy to see that it is indeed NOT flat.
    I mean it takes hardly any brain power to do so.
    No one is getting hurt by flat earthers AFAIK.

Give it a try.

Style
    all things in Moderation
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I get their is crazy religious types.
    Landover is Satirical.

Great stuff. They never drop the act.
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.”
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Quote Originally Posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
    Slamming the man in the bottom position from time to time keeps everybody on their toes and discourages butt scooting stupidity.

Style
    all things in Moderation
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What I am baffled at is can there be some many of them NOW that there needs to be a constant popping up of how we know the world is round in my science feeds?
    What you are seeing is a basic failure of education stemming from placating the religious with the concept that belief is somehow as valid as fact. That all beliefs are equal.

Faith is, at it's core, is as corrosive to science as science is to blind faith. Hence the massive anti-intellectual movements swelling up from the Right Wing.
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.”
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Quote Originally Posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
    Slamming the man in the bottom position from time to time keeps everybody on their toes and discourages butt scooting stupidity.

Style
    BJJ, FMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DCS View Post
    No one is getting hurt by flat earthers AFAIK.
    Everyone is hurt by scientific illiteracy as far as I am concerned.
    It might not be a lot, but these people poison other more important things.
    These people make it troublesome for legislators to use science as a basis for decisions.
    They help fuel the Anti-Science crowd.
    They might not be the most dangerous thing ever, but if there are enough of them that we have to actually refute them, they are dangerous.

Style
    BJJ, FMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    Hence the massive anti-intellectual movements swelling up from the Right Wing.
    Yeah that is problematic but what is equally frustrating is on the left also has its own anti-science garbage going on.

For **** sake can we at least have one party that is data driven? I know there are issues with data being cherry picked but can we have one just fucking one party that does its best to use unbiased data and to make policy based on data instead of working over data to make policy?

Can we have a pro fucking science party?

Style
    Karate
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    Landover is Satirical.

Great stuff. They never drop the act.
    It is a truly wonderful site - love their site admins. They are less like admin's and more like "Troll's in Chief"

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    holy crap from Discovery News

http://www.seeker.com/no-earth-isnt-...770796992.html

WHY ON EARTH would discovery news have to try and prove the earth is ROUND.
    There seriously cannot be that many fucking people out there that believe the earth is flat!?
    No, the earth is really kind of pear-shaped...
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Page 2 of 11 First 123456 ... Last