Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,133
    Style
    講手
    0
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    Passive aggressiveness

    Is aggression through inaction. The severity of the aggression doesn't affect whether or not it was passive aggressive or not.

  2. #2
    Tranquil Suit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    4,776
    Style
    Pumping iron
    0
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    go to http://www.bullshido.net/forums/prof...do=editoptions > under Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

  3. #3
    slamdunc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    2,537
    Style
    TKD, CMA & American Kenpo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Villain View Post
    The severity of the aggression doesn't affect whether or not it was passive aggressive or not.
    This is somewhat subjective. Defiance is defiance, no matter what level or how severe. In a use of force continuum, it starts out with someone just menacing or leering, goes all the way to taking someone's life and encompasses every level in between.


    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    You can not intellectualize your way to being a competent fighter.

  4. #4
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    16,592
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Villain View Post
    Is aggression through inaction. The severity of the aggression doesn't affect whether or not it was passive aggressive or not.
    No, it's not via inaction alone. It's for sure not really the most common understanding or way passive aggressive behavior is exhibited.

    Here, maybe this will help.
    https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog...ssive-behavior
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

  5. #5
    cualltaigh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Cooltown, SEQ
    Posts
    1,778
    Style
    BJJ, MMA
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Villain View Post
    Is aggression through inaction.
    Still no. Just because you keep repeating it, doesn't make it true.
    Dum spiro, spero.
    Tada gan iarracht.

  6. #6
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    16,592
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    4
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by cualltaigh View Post
    Still no. Just because you keep repeating it, doesn't make it true.
    Could make it OCD, though...
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

  7. #7
    ghost55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Posts
    4,139
    Style
    Kyokushin/BJJ
    -1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Villain View Post
    Is aggression through inaction. The severity of the aggression doesn't affect whether or not it was passive aggressive or not.
    What do words even mean?

  8. #8
    ghost55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Posts
    4,139
    Style
    Kyokushin/BJJ
    -1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    Could make it OCD, though...
    Nah, is just normal schizophrenia.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    153
    Style
    Shopping around for one
    -1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    if you cant trust this dude to get basic terms right why would you trust him to investogate things? i wouldnt use him as a damn secretary

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,133
    Style
    講手
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AprilRains View Post
    if you cant trust this dude to get basic terms right why would you trust him to investogate things? i wouldnt use him as a damn secretary
    If you read the article, I wasn't incorrect in my definition at all. Everything I defined was in there. However, I didn't account for an expanded definition which included subtle, yet direct aggression. IIF and others had discounted my definition, which was included in the article, making them guilty of the same exclusionary error.

Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in