Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    5/18/2004 5:12pm

Style: judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Re: Re: Beheading video fake?

Yes it is, it is entirely possible that the murderers poisoned, strangled, drowned, Berg before the beheading to make it easier. As fucked up as these 5 men obviously are, it still must be psychologically and physically easier to decapitate a corpse. The beheading may have just been for the dramatic effect, an autopsy would reveal this, however we may not have that fact revealed to us.

Again, for all we know they did several takes on the speech. Maybe they went for some lunch, gave Berg a last meal- with POISON in it- and took a nap.
    Good overall post/s, daitenshi, but this would not account for the fact that Berg is heard screaming in the video.

And your explanations of it being possible that they WERE in fact Russians would make sense, but that is not what the US is saying, and it does raise questions about the nature of the video (if it is in fact Russian being spoken on the video, which I don't think has been confirmed, it shouldn't be taken for granted that it was Russian al-qaida operatives, it should be investigated further).

Naturally, the guys' conclusion on what the video ACTUALLY is is idiotic, to say the least. One could come up with a million different "only possible explanations."
    You want some birth control? You can smoke a cigarette.

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    5/19/2004 1:25pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Re: Re: Re: Beheading video fake?

Originally posted by mikus
    Good overall post/s, daitenshi, but this would not account for the fact that Berg is heard screaming in the video.
    Routine sound editing could. That would explain the TC jumps as well, I'll look at it with that in mind when I get home. Also, he's lying on the ground when his throat is cut, and there isn't a lot of visible blood . . . the floor is dark which makes it hard to see, but I actually wondered if he was already dead when they did it, as it looked like post mortem blood loss. . .
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

Posted On:
    5/20/2004 12:46pm

Style: judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok. That would make sense of it.

But there lies my point. You can create an INFINITE amount of potential scenarios "explaining" the video, and EACH of these would claim to be the "only possible explanation." The idea of it being Russian Al-Qaeda operatives doesn't have any more evidence (that is, NONE) than it being Russian mercanaries in a government conspiracy. It should be obvious to anyone that there is not enough evidence to say it is ANY particular conspiracy or any other possible scenario. None have ANY evidence as of yet.

It seems to me most prudent to simply analyze the video and confirm that the claims in the article are true (though some of them are obviously stupid and coincidences, such as the color of the walls and the chairs), and IF they are then demand further investigation to make sense of the whole thing.

Just because one can create a scenario in one's own mind that fits into the facts doesn't mean that it is actually what happened. It's bad bad bad deduction.
    You want some birth control? You can smoke a cigarette.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/20/2004 8:18pm

Style: Shadowboxing =/

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    lol I still don't know what to believe:mad:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/21/2004 3:21pm

Style: ehhh

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    did anyone else see that other video of the (russian i think) solider getting his neck cut? its around on the net somewhere.

you have to be a cold blooded ************ to do that ****.

Posted On:
    5/21/2004 3:59pm

Style: MMA-Vale Tudo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    yeah its sick,
    Once a fighter, Always a fighter. Shawn
    -Styles i train in-
    Judo
    Bjj
    Mtkickboxing
    Western boxing