Page 2 of 65 First 1234561252 ... Last
  1. #11
    submessenger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    KAUS
    Posts
    4,856
    Style
    BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by money View Post
    Elaborate on what you mean by this, please.
    Myers Briggs may not be the best tool. My possibly myopic view is that there would be a personality test that would - in broad strokes - indicate if somebody was more or less likely to be part of a classification that could be assigned to "unstable," or "psychopathic," or any undesirable trait. To bastardize the global warming debate, there is a consensus that mass shooters suffer from some psychology that is different from the norm - whether that's because of physical (e.g. chemical imbalances) or social (e.g. education, religion, brainwashing) reasons is irrelevant. We don't test for that, currently. We test for whether or not the person has a criminal background.

  2. #12
    His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten. supporting member
    Devil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    11,270
    6
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    You sound absolutely terrified Devil.
    I'm afraid in the same way I would be afraid of a rattlesnake before I chopped its head off. There is nothing to fear here except the inaction of our own weak people.

    Everyone out there who acts like they can go on with their lives as if nothing is happening because "we will not be terrorized" are fucking delusional. You will feel fear and recognize the threat and kill it, or you will perish.

  3. #13
    His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten. supporting member
    Devil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    11,270
    6
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilG View Post
    Spotted the Trump voter.
    Well I'm sure as **** not voting for that other ****.

  4. #14
    BackFistMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sinsinnatti Oh Hi Ho
    Posts
    13,528
    Style
    all things in Moderation
    0
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    I'm afraid in the same way I would be afraid of a rattlesnake before I chopped its head off. There is nothing to fear here except the inaction of our own weak people.

    Everyone out there who acts like they can go on with their lives as if nothing is happening because "we will not be terrorized" are fucking delusional. You will feel fear and recognize the threat and kill it, or you will perish.
    I think you greatly over estimate the threat of America becoming a muslim nation ruled by Sharia Law.

    Religious extremists are poison. As long as we tolerate these fucking whack jobs and pretend like Sky Wizards and that belief in them is normal... sorry man... you are going to get whack jobs. Trust me psychotic and sociopathic peoples of all and no religions scare the **** out of me every day. The whole ignorant approach of kill them all and stomp them out never sets well with me.

    You don't defeat an ideology with brute force because you can't beat an ideology with brute force.
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

    Quote Originally Posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
    Slamming the man in the bottom position from time to time keeps everybody on their toes and discourages butt scooting stupidity.

  5. #15
    DCS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    6,496
    Style
    Jits
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Coming soon: Executive Order 9066 - 2.0

  6. #16
    His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten. supporting member
    Devil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    11,270
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    I think you greatly over estimate the threat of America becoming a muslim nation ruled by Sharia Law.

    Religious extremists are poison. As long as we tolerate these fucking whack jobs and pretend like Sky Wizards and that belief in them is normal... sorry man... you are going to get whack jobs. Trust me psychotic and sociopathic peoples of all and no religions scare the **** out of me every day. The whole ignorant approach of kill them all and stomp them out never sets well with me.

    You don't defeat an ideology with brute force because you can't beat an ideology with brute force.
    I think you view it as an overestimation of the threat because you lack vision and you place too much trust in the notion that the status quo will prevail. History is full of powerful societies that crumbled and of prevalent ways of life that disappeared for various reasons. It's nave to think we can't end up in that category as well.

    I am non-religious. And for the most part, I don't give a **** what silly bullshit someone else believes. Freedom of religion is a concept that makes sense and should be possible. But when you have one religion that isn't satisfied with being allowed to worship as they please....when they see anything other than total world participation in their own religion as unacceptable, then you've got a fucking problem. That religion and the proponents of that religion are not compatible with us and must be removed like the cancer they are. When Mormons and Baptists and Jews tell me I have to worship as they say or die, then I'll say the same thing about them that I say about Muslims.

    You can absolutely squash ideology with brute force. At the very least, you can decimate it to the point that any action taken on behalf of that ideology will be extremely, extremely rare.
    Last edited by Devil; 6/13/2016 9:25am at .

  7. #17
    BackFistMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sinsinnatti Oh Hi Ho
    Posts
    13,528
    Style
    all things in Moderation
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DCS View Post
    Coming soon: Executive Order 9066 - 2.0
    Yeah, let's not do that.

    Let's leave the Lizard Peoples Sponsored and FEMA controlled Internment Camps empty for now please.
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

    Quote Originally Posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
    Slamming the man in the bottom position from time to time keeps everybody on their toes and discourages butt scooting stupidity.

  8. #18
    submessenger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    KAUS
    Posts
    4,856
    Style
    BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    To be fair, I think the reporting is a little over the top. Reports are now that he worked for G4S/Wackenhut - "a major DHS contractor." That's like saying that Walmart or Home Depot are major DHS contractors. Or, McDonald's.
    http://counterjihad.com/isis-infiltr...dhs-contractor - not the only story, just one I had at the ready...

  9. #19
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    16,592
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by money View Post
    Elaborate on what you mean by this, please.
    Watch out for those EFNJs, they are killers !
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

  10. #20
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    16,592
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by submessenger View Post
    Myers Briggs may not be the best tool. My possibly myopic view is that there would be a personality test that would - in broad strokes - indicate if somebody was more or less likely to be part of a classification that could be assigned to "unstable," or "psychopathic," or any undesirable trait. To bastardize the global warming debate, there is a consensus that mass shooters suffer from some psychology that is different from the norm - whether that's because of physical (e.g. chemical imbalances) or social (e.g. education, religion, brainwashing) reasons is irrelevant. We don't test for that, currently. We test for whether or not the person has a criminal background.
    Right, Myers Briggs is not a "personality test" of any sort.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Page 2 of 65 First 1234561252 ... Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in