Page 4 of 12 First 12345678 ... Last
    Style
    Gracie Jiu Jitsu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BigJim520 View Post
    Wait. Rashguard colors are supposed to match belt rank? I've never heard that.
    4 ibjjf nogi competition you have to wear a rank rash guard

solves problems with violence supporting member
    Style
    Judo, Hung Family Boxing
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    well, on the ones marketed as "ranked" rashguards they are. those are usually available with the same base design, along with a highlight color of white, blue, purple, brown or black.

many no-gi tournaments require the use of approved, ranked rash guards.
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Style
    BJJ, FMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Typically not in class per say.
    I almost always wear a black rash guard in class, NO one is going to mistake me for being a BJJ Black belt.
    Of the single rapier fight between valiant men, having both skill, he that is the best wrestler, or if neither of them can wrestle, the strongest man most commonly kills the other, or leaves him at his mercy.
    –George Silver, Paradoxes of Defence

Style
    BJJ, FMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    So what ? It's not illegal to claim to teach BJJ. No license is needed to teach BJJ. It's an unregulated martial art/combat sport as far as I know.
    Well to be fair I could open a Judo school in my garage and it would be legal. Not moral, but legal.
    Of the single rapier fight between valiant men, having both skill, he that is the best wrestler, or if neither of them can wrestle, the strongest man most commonly kills the other, or leaves him at his mercy.
    –George Silver, Paradoxes of Defence

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Raycetpfl View Post
    You're certainly allowed to.
    If they were rude and disruptive I would remove them from the class.
    If they took class, I would make him say uncle and smile the whole time or tap if he caught me.
    If I claimed to be an elite Muay Thai fighter I think it would be reasonable for someone with experience to want to kickbox at some point.
    I've had guys come in who were looking for a fight, but be deceptive about their intentions. yeah, sure, I want to learn Judo, sign a waiver, blah blah blah. Then they want to do randori...

Wait, did the guy in question claim to be an elite BJJ guy ?

Nobody walks into our dojo and demands **** all of ****, Rayce. Giving in to that kind of crap is an invitation to disaster, whether somebody signs a waiver or not.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    Well to be fair I could open a Judo school in my garage and it would be legal. Not moral, but legal.
    Correct, you can do that here. However, there are many countries in which you could not legally do that, because there is government regulation of martial arts.

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Bjj belts are specifically meant to be different. You can't purchase a bjj style belt that doesn't call it a bjj belt.
    Clothes can't be trade marked only logos and emblems.
    Oh, I get it, the all powerful BJJ community claims a wide red bar on a black belt is exclusively BJJ...

If it doesn't say BJJ on the belt, how would the average dip-wad consumer know it ?

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by submessenger View Post
    This will all sort itself out once we mandate sub-dermal identity chips.
    LOL! Correct, or perhaps retinal or DNA scans tied to a global database...

Style
    Muay Thai / BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    4 ibjjf nogi competition you have to wear a rank rash guard
    Ahh... IBJJF. Yeah, that makes sense.

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ahh... IBJJF. Yeah, that makes sense.
    Right, yet another trickle in the cash flow stream.

Page 4 of 12 First 12345678 ... Last