Page 35 of 38 First ... 253132333435363738 Last

Thread: Decking Hos

Style
    講手
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The thing is, when the police get involved here, which is often, we're still expected to do our jobs. Sometimes it's a step back scenario, but in other cases we work as a team. We had a counterfeit gang come through once and my job was to arrest the guy. Why? Cause he'd flee or hide from police, but security was gonna be in the club anyways. So I did and my team and the police went to war with the gang. No way two officers could've done it.

Style
    講手
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
    Mr. T and his gold chains comes to mind.
    If you have to regularly take weapons from customers as a non-LE security person,
    then I hope they are paying you six figures, and you are fully trained and equipped on their dime.
    There are many other ways to make a living than dancing with the devil without fair compensation or adequate support systems to do so.
    It is what it is. I consider it training in and of itself. I'm dropping a DVD on our combat tactics soon.

Style
    MMA, Grappling
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Villain View Post
    I disagree. My job is literally to take weapons from people and/or deny them entry if armed. I'm also a door man and a bouncer when those guys need back up. So pretty much every night I have a dispute with an armed patron over a weapon. What could possibly go wrong? Thus far, gang beatings, shootings, and knife fights. Even police don't guarantee safety. 300 people go berserk and a couple officers are going to take the time to save you specifically? I'll save myself, thank you.
    Pat Downs and searches frequently reveal contraband. I just take it and allow them in, or they can not come in at all. Anyone gets aggressive I go inside, lock the door, and call PD.

If you have 300 people go berserk you failed at the job a long time before you called the cops.

Style
    MMA, Grappling
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The thing is, when the police get involved here, which is often, we're still expected to do our jobs. Sometimes it's a step back scenario, but in other cases we work as a team. We had a counterfeit gang come through once and my job was to arrest the guy. Why? Cause he'd flee or hide from police, but security was gonna be in the club anyways. So I did and my team and the police went to war with the gang. No way two officers could've done it.
    But that's not your job, as a doorman or bouncer. Confiscating fake documents presented to you, sure. Making a citizens arrest instead of calling PD? That's choice, not the job.

Style
    講手
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tramirezmma View Post
    Pat Downs and searches frequently reveal contraband. I just take it and allow them in, or they can not come in at all. Anyone gets aggressive I go inside, lock the door, and call PD.
    I'd be out of a job if I did that. Nor do I have a key to the door. Plus, search takes place in the lobby. I'm gonna turn the guy lose in the lobby with my coworkers, female security, and the customers in line to be searched, while I hide? They pay me because I'm not afraid of these people.

If you have 300 people go berserk you failed at the job a long time before you called the cops.
    You think you can just show up and civilize Boston in a night? Right... Look up "the let out", our "deadliest hour" and tell me hiding inside and calling the cops is gonna solve it. Like the cops aren't already there. People are getting blasted just outside the clubs out here dude.
    Last edited by The Villain; 5/20/2016 10:10am at .

Style
    講手
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tramirezmma View Post
    But that's not your job, as a doorman or bouncer. Confiscating fake documents presented to you, sure. Making a citizens arrest instead of calling PD? That's choice, not the job.
    We DID call police. Between management, security and police, that was the plan. The police were right there next to me, presumably fighting as well. We got the suspect, handed him over, about 20 people jumped in while the police were there, we all fought. You wouldn't last a day working in Boston.

Style
    Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

You think you can just show up and civilize Boston in a night? Right... Look up "the let out", our "deadliest hour" and tell me hiding inside and calling the cops is gonna solve it. Like the cops aren't already there. People are getting blasted just outside the clubs out here dude.

Sounds lovely.

Style
    講手
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChenPengFi View Post
    Sounds lovely.
    It is fucking glorious. It's like every traditional martial arts fantasy rolled into one. You got your weapons on deck, you got your squad on deck, you got people getting dropped left and right, knives and bullets and vehicles, cops and security and gangs... It's brilliant.

Page 35 of 38 First ... 253132333435363738 Last