Page 15 of 38 First ... 511121314151617181925 ... Last

Thread: Decking Hos

Style
    Cross Fit, small arms.
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    I would agree with this, my statement wasn't to call anyone out on anything it was more about how people like to use the term "warrior". But that's probably a discussion for a different thread.
    I agree as well, the term 'warrior' is bandied about far too much.

To me 'seeing' combat and 'doing' combat are two different things. People could 'see' combat but flap and fall to bits. However professionals who make a living from being good at war, ie anyone in light roles that close with and kill people are the only group that could genuinely be called 'Warriors'.

That's my take on it anyway. It's such a loose term now it's generally applied to anyone who gives a lot of effort into an activity.
    Ne Obliviscaris

Style
    street paddleboarding
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think the word Warrior is overused because it basically means "someone who uses violence that I approve of". So its a very subjective term, but people want it to mean something objective.

Style
    Muay Thai
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kovacs View Post
    This thread is bizarre, people comparing individuals against a specific male demographic and **** like that.

Women will generally lose in fights against men becouse they are generally smaller and weaker. It's not sexist, it's nature. That's it.
    The bizarre thing is that's not even what the thread was supposed to be about, it was meant to be "how to defend yourself if a woman attacks you"

Style
    Muay Thai
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    I worked with one who shot off his own dick while trying to rob a bank
    is no one else really curious about this?

Style
    Gracie Jiu Jitsu
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
    If Devil was a Marine who saw combat, that is good enough for me.
    Don't get me wrong, Devil likes to make controversial points and troll.
    But, those of us who like to wear Karate pajamas, and even though of us who step in a ring,
    are not the true warriors of our age.
    The true warriors of our times are the armed services veterans, the police, the fire-fighters, and the other emergency response personnel.
    If Devil was a Marine, particularly if he has had combat experience, he can talk all the **** he wants.
    Hmmmm..... cops,firemen and emts don't have one of the top 10 most dangerous jobs in the usa. The only reason they are even close to being in the top ten is because of car accidents. If danger makes you a warrior.... they ain't it. More than an office worker generally but they always seem to get all this reverence because of the "danger" they place themselves in.
    Fisherman, Lumber jack, Linesman, Celltower workers, farmer,Rough necks, iron worker, Trucker, construction workers are all higher on the list of dangerous jobs by a long shot.
    No one ever calls a Linesman/repairman a hero/warrior. funny how that is. Try calling for help or getting help with no power,gas, electronic communications or once the help gets their no using anything that was brought in on a truck or uses gas or electric. Also no eating anything that you didn't harvest yourself.
    The more dangerous work was already done before the first responders ever got there.
    Last edited by Raycetpfl; 5/16/2016 12:23pm at .

Style
    Jits
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandem View Post
    The bizarre thing is that's not even what the thread was supposed to be about, it was meant to be "how to defend yourself if a woman attacks you"
    Not sure about that.

Style
    Gracie Jiu Jitsu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandem View Post
    is no one else really curious about this?
    I assume it's very likely he knows a lot of people that have shot themselves in the dick both literally and metaphorically.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten. supporting member
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Raycetpfl View Post
    Hmmmm..... cops don't have one of the top 10 most dangerous jobs in the usa. The only reason they are even close to being in the top ten is because of car accidents. If danger makes you a warrior.... they ain't it. More than an office worker generally but they always seem to get all this reverence because of the "danger" they place themselves in.
    Fisherman, Lumber jack, Linesman, Celltower workers,Rough necks, iron worker, Trucker, construction workers are all higher on the list of dangerous jobs by a long shot.
    No one ever calls a Linesman/repairman a hero/warrior. funny how that is.
    Well, we agree about use of the word hero. It's overused.

I'm not really with you on the idea that cop's jobs aren't all that dangerous, though. They're subjected to a very different type of danger. Random injury is certainly not as likely as with a lot of manual labor jobs. So if that's the way you measure most dangerous jobs, it will appear that it's not that dangerous to be a cop.

But that's only part of the picture. Power lines, although dangerous, will never try to kill you on purpose. Serving a felony warrant is a hell of a lot more dangerous than being a construction worker, even if the construction worker is more likely to suffer an injury that gets recorded by a doctor, like sticking a nail through his hand or something.

Style
    BJJ, FMA
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Raycetpfl View Post
    No one ever calls a Linesman/repairman a hero/warrior.
    Having worked in IT as long as I have I am pretty sure I have called a Linesman a hero at least once.
    Of the single rapier fight between valiant men, having both skill, he that is the best wrestler, or if neither of them can wrestle, the strongest man most commonly kills the other, or leaves him at his mercy.
    –George Silver, Paradoxes of Defence

Style
    Gracie Jiu Jitsu
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    Well, we agree about use of the word hero. It's overused.

I'm not really with you on the idea that cop's jobs aren't all that dangerous, though. They're subjected to a very different type of danger. Random injury is certainly not as likely as with a lot of manual labor jobs. So if that's the way you measure most dangerous jobs, it will appear that it's not that dangerous to be a cop.

But that's only part of the picture. Power lines, although dangerous, will never try to kill you on purpose. Serving a felony warrant is a hell of a lot more dangerous than being a construction worker, even if the construction worker is more likely to suffer an injury that gets recorded by a doctor, like sticking a nail through his hand or something.
    No. The jobs I named are more likely to kill you. Not hurt you. Those jobs are also more likely to hurt you but death is the metric that was used by the department of labor.

lines give zero fucks about your life. When a high tension wire is hanging by a thread after a hurricane and its your job to go fix them intent has **** all to do with danger. People are in grave danger for lots of reasons if it isn't repaired quickly. The men that do that work are in greater danger while doing it because of near incalculable risks. Fishing and flying are very much in the same vein.
    Some asshole in the hood that thinks he is hard and isn't "scared" to shoot isn't near as dangerous. Regardless of intent a poodle isn't as dangerous as an avalanche.

Page 15 of 38 First ... 511121314151617181925 ... Last