Page 1 of 5 12345 Last
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    56
    Style
    taichi
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    I did a small experiment on brass knuckles.

    So I hope this is the right forum I am putting this out there so people can read this and take what they will or do more experiments based on this or tell me I am full of it. If this is not the right section will you please move this but please can you keep this somewhere so this information can be somewhat available. Anywho I grabbed a belt buckle brass knuckle set that I had and I tried to punch a board to break it the brass knuckles slipped in my hand cuz my hand was sweaty and they hurt the inside of my hand and the board did not break. I then grabbed another board and set it up and broke through that board with my fist. I did the same thing with a kubotan and it just left an indent in the board and the board did not break I then took another bored and broke that with a karate chop. I then broke the other two boards with my fist.

    I tried to make this as scientific as possible used the same type of boards and such. Maybe I'm coming to the wrong conclusion but the items in my hand did not seem to work as well as my hand because I could not get a good feel for where they hit and such. And the fact that I was able to break the board without them kind of leads me to the conclusion that they do not work that well. What are your guys's thoughts?

    Thank you for your time.

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    442
    Style
    Bjj
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Your experience sounds right. Theres a certain way to hold a knuckle duster/brass knuckles and its uncomfortable. So you finding that your fist works better is due to can use your fist to your max capability cos you know it better. People who do TMAs may feel the same if they put on some boxing gloves for example. Considering you can break boards with your fist then shows its good enough and you dont need brass knuckles.

    the cons far outweigh the pros. Alot of wannabe tough guys put them on like they're rings, your more likely to hurt yourself more than the other guy.

    The main reason i dont like brass knuckles or that kubotan thing is well how can you grapple with on of those in your hand? Ending a fight with single strike is too low of a chance to warrant one of these things.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    576
    Style
    Judo, BJJ
    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by mewtwo View Post
    I did the same thing with a kubotan and it just left an indent in the board and the board did not break
    Don't know what you were doing wrong there, I've gone through boards with kubotans before just fine. These metal objects reduce surface area and increase the pressure of the impact so... Actually, **** it, why does it even matter whether or not the board broke? A board breaks because the force of your punch causes it to bend further than it can handle. That's not necessarily a lot, wood doesn't handle flexion anywhere near as well as it handles compression. You say you dented the wood with the kubotan (so compressed it)? That means the kubotan accomplished what it's supposed to, focusing force on a smaller point than your fist resulting in a different kind of damage.


    Quote Originally Posted by Kravbizarre View Post
    The main reason i dont like brass knuckles or that kubotan thing is well how can you grapple with on of those in your hand?
    Got a partner to roll with me while using those pocket sticks, it worked out fine. You let the end stick out of either end of your fist and use it to hook no gi grips. Whenever you bring your hands together for what would be a gable grip you just hold each end of the stick. Helps when the stick is ribbed for gripping, like a fighting dildo.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    56
    Style
    taichi
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Got a partner to roll with me while using those pocket sticks, it worked out fine. You let the end stick out of either end of your fist and use it to hook no gi grips. Whenever you bring your hands together for what would be a gable grip you just hold each end of the stick. Helps when the stick is ribbed for gripping, like a fighting dildo.

    I just gotta say this zombie go boom proved that dildos are not good in a fight. At least they're not good to kill a zombie. Will post the YouTube video if I get an OK from someone.

  5. #5
    Cake of Doom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    surrey, UK
    Posts
    1,218
    Style
    Cardio
    3
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Jonny Knoxville lost a tooth to a dildo. Think about that next time you're picking your street kit.
    Train hard, fight easy.

  6. #6
    Raycetpfl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Tampa Fl
    Posts
    5,522
    Style
    Gracie Jiu Jitsu
    5
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by mewtwo View Post
    So I hope this is the right forum I am putting this out there so people can read this and take what they will or do more experiments based on this or tell me I am full of it. If this is not the right section will you please move this but please can you keep this somewhere so this information can be somewhat available. Anywho I grabbed a belt buckle brass knuckle set that I had and I tried to punch a board to break it the brass knuckles slipped in my hand cuz my hand was sweaty and they hurt the inside of my hand and the board did not break. I then grabbed another board and set it up and broke through that board with my fist. I did the same thing with a kubotan and it just left an indent in the board and the board did not break I then took another bored and broke that with a karate chop. I then broke the other two boards with my fist.

    I tried to make this as scientific as possible used the same type of boards and such. Maybe I'm coming to the wrong conclusion but the items in my hand did not seem to work as well as my hand because I could not get a good feel for where they hit and such. And the fact that I was able to break the board without them kind of leads me to the conclusion that they do not work that well. What are your guys's thoughts?

    Thank you for your time.
    I am really glad you were able to make this experiment as scientific as you were. I have had a working hypothesis that MewTwo hits like a "bitch".
    After your experiment confirmed my hypothesis I think I am able to accurately compose a theory.

    Theory:MewTwo hits like a little girl and should avoid physical conflict at all costs. If he goes to jail for using brass knuckles he will be repeatedly sodomized by the majority of the population in jail. People that use "strike enhancers" that can't strike in the first place are enhancing nothing.

    here is my formula for enhancing strikes with a strike enhancer.

    I= initial effectiveness of the strike before enhancement B= the multiplier of the strike enhancer being used. S= overall effectiveness of the strike

    so.....I×B=S. let put your numbers in the formula.

    The effectiveness of your strikes unenhanced are 0.
    brass knuckles are multiplier of 5.

    soooo.... 0×5=0 your enhanced strike has an effectiveness rating of S=0.

    learn to box goof ball.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    56
    Style
    taichi
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am glad so many people on here have this figured out.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    3
    Style
    Ging Mo Kune Kung Fu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    fraud

    there is a martial arts studio in my hometown called:

    Wilkes Martial Arts and Fitness Academy

    everyone there claims to be a high level of many different things and yet nobody looks to be over the age of 30 something.

    the idea that they might be fake is from the claim that their chief instructor... and many others are "1st Degree Black Belt: Muay Thai kickboxing
    (Graded by Kyoshi Justin Boylan, head of the WKA in WA)"

    in Thailand Muay Thai is mostly a professional fight sport! There aren’t any levels or black belts like in other martial arts! The belt is in the ring!

    Those who join a pro Muay Thai camp do so to make a living! If you join, you train 6 days per week, 6 to 8 hours per day! When your trainer feels you’re ready for your first fight…you fight! No questions asked! It’s your job!

    By this time most boxers are offered a “praciat” (sacred armband) by their teachers or by the local monks! Usually the color red! That’s all! This is a Thai custom since ancient times, to protect the boxers (and in the past, the warriors) from harm and to give them courage!

    No colored belts of any kind or diplomas either! In fact they couldn’t care less!
    You win your fights, you make money you make a decent living! You lose often and soon you’ll be out of the camp!

    Now my question is why the hell is a Kyoshi Karate guy grading muay thai and who the hell gave him permission, it would be the same as a kung fu guy grading ballet. also where does this Mr Wilkes get the idea that there is a belt level in muay thai.

    I smell a fraud! EXPOSE HIM ADMIN PLEASE!!!

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    56
    Style
    taichi
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kravbizarre View Post
    Your experience sounds right. Theres a certain way to hold a knuckle duster/brass knuckles and its uncomfortable. So you finding that your fist works better is due to can use your fist to your max capability cos you know it better. People who do TMAs may feel the same if they put on some boxing gloves for example. Considering you can break boards with your fist then shows its good enough and you dont need brass knuckles.

    the cons far outweigh the pros. Alot of wannabe tough guys put them on like they're rings, your more likely to hurt yourself more than the other guy.

    The main reason i dont like brass knuckles or that kubotan thing is well how can you grapple with on of those in your hand? Ending a fight with single strike is too low of a chance to warrant one of these things.
    thank you I could not agree more.

  10. #10
    Permalost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    14,357
    Style
    street paddleboarding
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kravbizarre View Post
    Theres a certain way to hold a knuckle duster/brass knuckles and its uncomfortable.
    Its pretty intuitive actually.

    Considering you can break boards with your fist then shows its good enough and you dont need brass knuckles.
    Breaking boards with your fist doesn't show much of anything.

    Alot of wannabe tough guys put them on like they're rings, your more likely to hurt yourself more than the other guy.
    You're fucking up bad if you're more likely to hurt yourself.

    The main reason i dont like brass knuckles or that kubotan thing is well how can you grapple with on of those in your hand? Ending a fight with single strike is too low of a chance to warrant one of these things.
    You should be able to grapple pretty much the same with brass knuckles, because you can open your hand and grab while wearing them.

Page 1 of 5 12345 Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in