Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Style
    TKD/ BJJ/Kickboxing
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

UFC on Fox: Johnson vs. Bader

Can't wait to see if this is Johnson's comeback for a title run or will Bader's Cinderella story continue.

Main Card (Fox)
    Weight class Method Round Time Notes
    Light Heavyweight Anthony Johnson vs. Ryan Bader
    Heavyweight Josh Barnett vs. Ben Rothwell
    Bantamweight Iuri Alcāntara vs. Jimmie Rivera
    Welterweight Sage Northcutt vs. Bryan Barberena
    Preliminary Card (Fox Sports 1)
    Welterweight Tarec Saffiedine vs. Jake Ellenberger
    Lightweight Olivier Aubin-Mercier vs. Carlos Diego Ferreira
    Middleweight Kevin Casey vs. Rafael Natal
    Flyweight Dustin Ortiz vs. Wilson Reis
    Welterweight George Sullivan vs. Alexander Yakovlev
    Bantamweight Alex Caceres vs. Masio Fullen
    Preliminary Card (UFC Fight Pass)
    Featherweight Levan Makashvili vs. Damon Jackson
    Lightweight Tony Martin vs. Felipe Olivieri
    Welterweight Matt Dwyer vs. Randy Brown
    Fu Hung Hsieh remains Fu Hung Hsieh and Kung-tzu Yu remains Kung-tzu Yu.

Style
    TKD/ BJJ/Kickboxing
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well Alex is back in the win column dammit hate to have to read all the hype train comments about Sage tomorrow and Rothwell's dominance continues surprising card so far.

Style
    Pumping iron
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A question for the choking experts: Sage Northcutt vs. Bryan Barberena, was that a tight choke or did he tap quite early?
    go to http://www.bullshido.net/forums/prof...do=editoptions > under Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

Style
    TKD/ BJJ/Kickboxing
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Style
    Kyokushin/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    A question for the choking experts: Sage Northcutt vs. Bryan Barberena, was that a tight choke or did he tap quite early?
    He had strep throat, his mouth was covered, and he couldn't breathe through his nose.

Style
    Pumping iron
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    He had strep throat, his mouth was covered, and he couldn't breathe through his nose.
    Fair enough.

SO to recap:

AJ vs Bader: You should watch this. Absolute dominance. Bader, back to the trenches with ya.

Rothwell vs Barnett: Goddaaamn. Barnett was facepalming after that sub, and rightfully so. A guy of his calibre should not lose by sub to someone like Rothwell. I guess he figured that's true by default, so he just ignored the choke/crank until it was too late.

Northcutt: To the surprise of no one, it turns he can't walk on water. Anyone gloating about this is picking the lowest hanging fruit.
    go to http://www.bullshido.net/forums/prof...do=editoptions > under Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

Style
    MMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Don't know if Sage is used to it, but think that was brilliant shoulder pressure by Barberena.

Style
    Gracie Jiu Jitsu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Fair enough.

SO to recap:

AJ vs Bader: You should watch this. Absolute dominance. Bader, back to the trenches with ya.

Rothwell vs Barnett: Goddaaamn. Barnett was facepalming after that sub, and rightfully so. A guy of his calibre should not lose by sub to someone like Rothwell. I guess he figured that's true by default, so he just ignored the choke/crank until it was too late.
    I just think Rothwell is ridiculously strong,a very good grappler and good at that choke. Josh is probably the better fighter and grappler, but you can't let that Yetti grab your neck now. He has really come to understand how to tighten that choke up.
    Northcutt: To the surprise of no one, it turns he can't walk on water. Anyone gloating about this is picking the lowest hanging fruit.
    kids a low level purple belt. I would bet he's mostly physical and not very technical on the ground. He has gapping holes and hasn't been training bjj very long. If he sticks with it and wraps his around the ideas of bjj in 5-6 years he will be a force of nature I would bet. For now he needs to stay the **** off the ground.

Style
    Pumping iron
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I just don't get why the UFC has put so much hype behind the kid, who clearly wasn't/isn't developed yet. Hell, he isn't even a prospect yet.

I guess they figured he might be the next Jon Jones and decided to take a risk.

Style
    Pumping iron
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Raycetpfl View Post
    I just think Rothwell is ridiculously strong,a very good grappler and good at that choke. Josh is probably the better fighter and grappler, but you can't let that Yetti grab your neck now. He has really come to understand how to tighten that choke up.
    There is this moment where Rothwell wraps his right arm around the neck (then starts working on wrapping the left), at that point Barnett should have started defending against it. Instead he continued to work on that takedown against the cage.

And yeah yeah I know armchair expert & hindsight 20/20. But this is Barnett we're talking. By his standards, that's a blunder.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last