Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Thread: t3h deadly

Style
    Turkish oil wrestling
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

t3h deadly

Which ones are the shittiest when it comes to being t3h most d3adly

- Koryu Bujutsu: pretending that doing coregraphised kata (with a training partner though) in a samurai armor with an angry face is actually more "real" than f.e randori cause the latter is "only sports"

- Wing Chun: pretending that all this **** about center lines has something to do with something concrete and real and that flapping your wrists against some others wrists as fast as possible is t3h deadly and mike tyson was shitty fighter cause he broke his wrist in THE STREET and also he was qall about THE RING

- RSBD arts (does not apply to all of them IMHO) who ONLY teach how to rub someones face instead of teaching even basic punches properly

- SOME FMA (note - a big part, maybe even major part of fma is decent but some is definately not) who think that you always carry your sticks with you. No you dont. Also, stick is not a knife or sword. Some of them train techniques which may work even in full contact stick fighting but the problem might be that this same thing would get you killed IF those sticks would be knives (which they obiously are not)

Style
    MMA and Luta Livre noob
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think Internet Fu is one of the deadliest, especially when it comes to beating horses.

Style
    Turkish oil wrestling
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Azatdawn View Post
    I think Internet Fu is one of the deadliest, especially when it comes to beating horses.
    Why? This far the only place where I have seen smth about beating horses is some HEMA stuff and they leave it on purely theoretical level

Fortunately in european content (excluding russia maybe) animal torture isnīt very popular pastime anymore

Style
    Muay Thai/Wrestling
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Beating dead horses is an English colloquialism that means roughly continuing to argue a point long after the point has been settled. I'm sure someone can post a relevant example but frankly I'm too damned lazy.

Style
    BJJ, Judo
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Losco View Post

- Koryu Bujutsu: pretending that doing coregraphised kata (with a training partner though) in a samurai armor with an angry face is actually more "real" than f.e randori cause the latter is "only sports"
    Many koryu ryuha do different versions of randori and train alive and many if not most have nothing to do with armour. Although I agree some of the big and popular ryuha are very guilty of this.

Style
    Wrestling
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Deadly deadly.

Deadly dead.

Style
    Turkish oil wrestling
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by speedycerviche View Post
    Many koryu ryuha do different versions of randori and train alive and many if not most have nothing to do with armour. Although I agree some of the big and popular ryuha are very guilty of this.
    Yes this was quite a big generalization as with FMA. Even within wing tsun/chun or whatever there are some teachers/schools that make some sense but it seems to be so small minority that I actually wonder why they still want to associate themselves with this ma in the first place

Style
    Wrestling
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

"How come you never got married?"

"I like Street too much."

Style
    講手
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Losco View Post
    Which ones are the shittiest when it comes to being t3h most d3adly

- Wing Chun: pretending that all this **** about center lines has something to do with something concrete and real and that flapping your wrists against some others wrists as fast as possible is t3h deadly and mike tyson was shitty fighter cause he broke his wrist in THE STREET and also he was qall about THE RING

- RSBD arts (does not apply to all of them IMHO) who ONLY teach how to rub someones face instead of teaching even basic punches properly

- SOME FMA (note - a big part, maybe even major part of fma is decent but some is definately not) who think that you always carry your sticks with you. No you dont. Also, stick is not a knife or sword. Some of them train techniques which may work even in full contact stick fighting but the problem might be that this same thing would get you killed IF those sticks would be knives (which they obiously are not)
    I don't think that you understand any of the arts of which you speak.

Style
    BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    F.e. is not the accepted English use abbreviation for "for example". The accepted usage is e.g. derived from the Latin phrase exempli gratia.

Page 1 of 3 123 Last