Page 59 of 60 First ... 949555657585960 Last

Style
    Bujinkan Arts
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I desperately wanna make love to a school boy.

Style
    Goju Ryu, Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Moment View Post
    Bujinkan and Krav Maga are for pussies.
    I dont mind either as an ex boojer, but its not going to make you a pro fighter,

do what you want as long as you understand what it can be used for

Style
    all things in Moderation
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kimjonghng View Post
    I dont mind either as an ex boojer, but its not going to make you a pro fighter,

do what you want as long as you understand what it can be used for
    The booj will not even prepare you for casual self defense in 90% of it's schools and 100% of its self taught deluded fans. It is a complete **** show of compliant training and low percentage techniques taught as its bread and butter.
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    ďI don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.Ē
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Quote Originally Posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
    Slamming the man in the bottom position from time to time keeps everybody on their toes and discourages butt scooting stupidity.

Style
    Underground Pit Fighting
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And here comes the ignorant Ninja hate again!

How predictable as soon as somebody mentions booj everybody piles in with "yeah ninjas suck balls" when we all know that there is a huge difference between Booj and The real Booj that originates from the anti Samurai assassin forces in ancient Japan.

It is like a man with no sense of smell comparing 2 buckets filled with brown liquid , on the surface they look the same but one is filled with **** and the other with chocolate.

Without putting his spoon in and having a taste he will never know which is a bucket of chocolate and which is a bucket of **** and may assume that both are poo incorrectly.

This is of course a tragedy .
    King without a crown

Style
    Goju Ryu, Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PDA View Post

How predictable as soon as somebody mentions booj everybody piles in with "yeah ninjas suck balls" when we all know that there is a huge difference between Booj and The real Booj that originates from the anti Samurai assassin forces in ancient Japan.

It is like a man with no sense of smell comparing 2 buckets filled with brown liquid , on the surface they look the same but one is filled with **** and the other with chocolate.

Without putting his spoon in and having a taste he will never know which is a bucket of chocolate and which is a bucket of **** and may assume that both are poo incorrectly.

I found some parts of it translated into judo I went on to do, in some ways, and I have used it in the past against some untrained twat who tried to get all hard against me but thats all. If you like weapons and do serious training elsewhere it might provide some fun and a different perspective on techniques but otherwise.... meh, I like to train the weaponry side but I bare in mind its just something I did for fun, not like how i train now.

Style
    Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

A little learning is a dang'rous thing.
    Drink deep, or taste not the Bujikan spring.

Style
    Judo
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChenPengFi View Post
    A little learning is a dang'rous thing.
    Drink deep, or taste not the Bujikan spring.
    I love Alexander Pope, but prefer Samuel Coleridge:

"Sir, I admit your general rule,
    That every ninja poet is a fool,
    But you yourself may serve to show it,
    That every ninja fool is not a poet.Ē

Style
    Pramek/Sambo/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Well this guy sums up my thoughts, and considering he seems to have an actual somewhat verifiable lineage(at least according the Japanese government and one Japanese University) I give him some modicum of respect:
    "In the age of civil wars or during the Edo period, ninjas' abilities to spy and kill, or mix medicine may have been useful," Kawakami says.
    "But we now have guns, the internet and much better medicines, so the art of ninjutsu has no place in the modern age."
    Emphasis mine
    http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-20135674

Was their a historic group that were both skilled and feared known as ninja? Sure there were. Does any of that authentic teaching survive until today? Honestly I have no clue. It seems like it might, but it might also all be BS.

Here is what I do know, Japanese Jiu Jitsu with it's standing joint locks and odd throws was based on fighting an armored opponent. Swords, weird eggs, and throwing stars are at best anachronistic in modern times when you have guns, tasers and CS gas.

Let's say for a moment that Bujinkan's(whether that Hatsumi bit or the Kawakami guy) historical lineage claims are accurate. What then do you have? When I look into it I see a variant of Buddhism mixed with(again assuming it's lineage claims are accurate) Martial Art/guerrilla warfare system that dates from the late fifteenth century and had relevance for at most 150yrs before it was shelved under the Shogun.

Ok, each person is entitled to their own imaginary friend, and having picked my own, Buddhism, at least the deep dive into that Bujinkan has, doesn't really interest me.

That leaves the martial art. At best it is anachronistic and having suffered from lack of any serious development for hundreds of years, isn't really relevant to self defense or combat. Now if it was like Kendo where they readily admit it is more of a cultural tradition in which some real martial skills are learned(such as timing and explosiveness) then I could see some merit for those who wanted to learn it because they liked the culture and the fancy black pjs. As it stands though with the nigh on cult like belief that they are the ultra-deadly, the modern variant not only disinterests me, I believe it deserves derision.

Personally I believe the most effective bits of Bujinkan(since they were supposedly renegade Samurai anyway, or at least that is one story that gets told) have been boiled down into Judo and BJJ.

Style
    Underground Pit Fighting
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kimjonghng View Post
    I found some parts of it translated into judo I went on to do, in some ways, and I have used it in the past against some untrained twat who tried to get all hard against me but thats all. If you like weapons and do serious training elsewhere it might provide some fun and a different perspective on techniques but otherwise.... meh, I like to train the weaponry side but I bare in mind its just something I did for fun, not like how i train now.
    Please list parts that translated into Judo

Seriously

List them

We are all listening
    King without a crown

Style
    Underground Pit Fighting
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Tzadok View Post
    Well this guy sums up my thoughts, and considering he seems to have an actual somewhat verifiable lineage(at least according the Japanese government and one Japanese University) I give him some modicum of respect:
    Emphasis mine
    http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-20135674

Was their a historic group that were both skilled and feared known as ninja? Sure there were. Does any of that authentic teaching survive until today? Honestly I have no clue. It seems like it might, but it might also all be BS.

Here is what I do know, Japanese Jiu Jitsu with it's standing joint locks and odd throws was based on fighting an armored opponent. Swords, weird eggs, and throwing stars are at best anachronistic in modern times when you have guns, tasers and CS gas.

Let's say for a moment that Bujinkan's(whether that Hatsumi bit or the Kawakami guy) historical lineage claims are accurate. What then do you have? When I look into it I see a variant of Buddhism mixed with(again assuming it's lineage claims are accurate) Martial Art/guerrilla warfare system that dates from the late fifteenth century and had relevance for at most 150yrs before it was shelved under the Shogun.

Ok, each person is entitled to their own imaginary friend, and having picked my own, Buddhism, at least the deep dive into that Bujinkan has, doesn't really interest me.

That leaves the martial art. At best it is anachronistic and having suffered from lack of any serious development for hundreds of years, isn't really relevant to self defense or combat. Now if it was like Kendo where they readily admit it is more of a cultural tradition in which some real martial skills are learned(such as timing and explosiveness) then I could see some merit for those who wanted to learn it because they liked the culture and the fancy black pjs. As it stands though with the nigh on cult like belief that they are the ultra-deadly, the modern variant not only disinterests me, I believe it deserves derision.

Personally I believe the most effective bits of Bujinkan(since they were supposedly renegade Samurai anyway, or at least that is one story that gets told) have been boiled down into Judo and BJJ.
    This somes is up for me:

King without a crown

Page 59 of 60 First ... 949555657585960 Last